2015 BET Hip Hop Awards Thread 10/13

I hope I ain't one of those old dudes lost in the sauce. Reggie with the triple stitch trues likes its 2010, probably his good fit too.

No Reggie Noble disrespect :lol:

(He probably gone dry clean them after the show, and hang them up with the plastic sleeve and wire hanger)

numbah1grimey numbah1grimey [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] reggie my guy tho. Thank god it was hot tho or he would've brought the jacket out.

No Reggie Noble disrespect
laugh.gif

(He probably gone dry clean them after the show, and hang them up with the plastic sleeve and wire hanger)
roll.gif
  Keith Murray tho....
mean.gif

Is there vids of the cyphers. I watched the one with tink and basically hated it.

Watch dro smash a mic into his face which i guess he calls rapping...i couldn't understand anything he said. What happened BET

Each year this thread gets smaller and smaller
It kills me how bet can broadcast this ****
And they don't even air music videos anymore
But couldn't broadcast the million man march :smh:

Did they give out any awards? I only remember scarface and e40 and mustard receiling awards :lol:

Did they give out any awards? I only remember scarface and e40 and mustard receiling awards :lol:

They gave 2 current awards last night. One for "club banger of the year" and the other the "lifetime achievement award". It's sad what this show and channel have become. Part of it is the Kanye's, Jay Z's etc spurning these awards, but ALWAYS front and center at MTV or The Grammys.

The validation from your own people and network that gave these artist a platform went away. The more mainstream the artist becomes, the further they are removed for the BET Awards. They become "too good" for it.

Urban award shows are a thing of the past. :smh:

Don't forget Fetty Wap received an award. I forgot what category it was since it was some ish they just made up this year lol.

The Best cypher of the night was the SMACK battle rappers cypher. Watching DNA & K Shine double team their bars was crazy.

Loved when Charlie Clips said something like "All these characters are messin up the Empire".

The last dude that spit in that cypher was really going in.

Overall, this was a huge disappointment. I can't believe I hopped off NBA 2K for this crap. I was on a win streak in mypark too. smh

Man i jus want the vids of the Def Squad, Vince Staples, Raury & Charles Hamilton cyphers. Along with the Future & Travis Scott performances. Everything else i can careless bout. :smh: at some of the award winners too

I don't get why people saying what happen to this show, when its been the same way since it first aired. This isn't the bet awards, its the bet hip hop awards. They always gave 3 or 4 awards and terrible performances. This the same show waka walked his chain across the stage for 3 minutes.

They gave 2 current awards last night. One for "club banger of the year" and the other the "lifetime achievement award". It's sad what this show and channel have become. Part of it is the Kanye's, Jay Z's etc spurning these awards, but ALWAYS front and center at MTV or The Grammys.

The validation from your own people and network that gave these artist a platform went away. The more mainstream the artist becomes, the further they are removed for the BET Awards. They become "too good" for it.

Urban award shows are a thing of the past. :smh:

Viacom owns BET.

It stopped being "our peoples" show a long time ago

I don't get why people saying what happen to this show, when its been the same way since it first aired. This isn't the bet awards, its the bet hip hop awards. They always gave 3 or 4 awards and terrible performances. This the same show waka walked his chain across the stage for 3 minutes.

Once they started the Hip Hop awards, I've never even paid attention to the awards given. Most notable thing I remember other than the cyphers was the Gucci/Plies/Soulja Boy/Shawty Lo performance :lol:

The bet awards support our people not the hip hop awards. Everybody was loving the bet awards in June and October its the hip hop awards which is basically performances and cyphers. Beyonce and jay have been to the bet awards, even performed not here tho. Look at the red carpet, the biggest name was Ross bro lol.

Peep Game Peep Game my man oj was up there too

The bet awards support our people not the hip hop awards. Everybody was loving the bet awards in June and October its the hip hop awards which is basically performances and cyphers. Beyonce and jay have been to the bet awards, even performed not here tho. Look at the red carpet, the biggest name was Ross bro lol.

Peep Game Peep Game my man oj was up there too

Will I know the difference man. Look at the caliber of artist that were coming since its inception. Kanye, Jay, Wayne, Drake, Nas etc were all there and performed since its inception in 06.

Now, the biggest performance was Hendrix giving a satellite performance a few miles down the road to Open the show. It's definitlley lost its way.

I look at this as a platform for the artist that don't have a shot to be on the big bet awards show, the one that matters to them. They basically give out a award to a legend, hottest new cat and let everyone with a hot song out right now perform. U not seeing dro, Travis on the regular bet awards. Its basically all performances and cyphers (that were terrible this year). They even give unknowns a shot on those by letting them spit in front of millions that never heard of em.

Who was the guy in one of the cyphers that looked like Armenian Paul Heyman, and the chick that looked like the cute Indian chick from Wild'n'Out? That was unbearable and I could barely get through it. They made G-Eazy sound like Beanie Sigel on Special Delivery.

Missed Black Thought though :smh:

Last edited:
Y'all complain about everything :lol:

When the BET awards was "dope" many of you at 21-25 was still complaining.

Never change NT, never change. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom