2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

You guys are banking too much on a guy who's 2 years away.
Maybe you were banking too much on a guy who's 2 years away.

Phil has won 11 rings. Stop hating just because he didnt draft exactly like you wanted him to. I keep saying that this thing has no chance to work out unless Phil does it HIS way. He did that tonight.

Man **** Phil, guarantee he's leaving before we do anything but blow up his mistakes and trade Melo away to try and win a chip somewhere ...

I swear I never been so angry with this team , at least I can't remember but as far as I remember this is as mad as I've been >:

Man **** Phil, guarantee he's leaving before we do anything but blow up his mistakes and trade Melo away to try and win a chip somewhere ...

I swear I never been so angry with this team , at least I can't remember but as far as I remember this is as mad as I've been >:

This decision hurt bad. Such a terrible move by Phil. This kid will be another foreign bust. Dirko Bargnani is his new name.

Phil did it his way. And when it backfires we'll know exactly who to blame.

You have low risk picks with great upside in WCS, Hezonja, Winslow, Mudiay who fill holes and can contribute right away. But we go wit the high risk guy who needs 2 years. Cool.

There's a good chance Zinger develops after Phil and Fish are relieved of their duties.

Man phil only got that many ,lets keep it real, because of his "personal" .

Wouldn't have gotten 2 if he coached say , the Knicks back then .....

Sorry if I sound stupid, im just xtra salty tonight ...

I guess I'll be the lone female opinion on tonight's events lol. Along with every other Knicks fan I was sick when we selected Porzingis. I don't really need to go into why, because everyone feels the same way. With that said, as I calmed down and actually watched this guy's draft workout video I am impressed by how fluid he is with his shot and how fast he is especially for his size. Unfortunately he's a work in progress, and he needs to eat a hamburger or two, but I can see the upside. If it was up to me and forgive my ignorance on positions, but I'd make him a SF instead of PF or C. Melo is extremely gifted at the 4 and is that much more stronger which makes him a natural at that position. Then I would look to sign Danny Green or Jimmy Butler for SG and LMA (even though I truly believe he's going to the Spurs) or Monroe as a C, and now you got a nice little squad. I'd resign dudes like Jason Smith and Acy and if they are signing David West now you got a toughness that's been absent from the Knicks since the 90s or maybe 2013...

I will say missing out on Russell blew my night. I really wanted him, not only because this is a PG league now, but also my gut instincts tells me he's gonna be a star. A guy who's passing ability is off the charts and can score? Sign me up. This reminds me on how I felt when the Warriors snatched up Steph. I just knew we missed something big. But with all that said I'm intrigued by this kid Grant. Don't know much about him, but if he can play the triangle like they said, and can score and pass, I'm with it. Don't really care that Tim is gone. Streaky selfish shooter and horrid defense? I'm good.

Anyway just my two cents..

I definitely question Phil after tonight taking a project for a team who can't afford projects when there's ready to play guys available with good ceilings. But hey, Phil is gonna do it his way. When we're stuck in purgatory for the next 5 years you know who to blame.

This decision hurt bad. Such a terrible move by Phil. This kid will be another foreign bust. Dirko Bargnani is his new name.
Tell us again how you feel he is a bust because he is foreign. Never gets old :lol:

Yall sound like a bunch of Isola's right now :rofl:

Fans and media can be won back. Phil is the only one truly accountable. He went out on a limb, didnt make the "safe" or "popular" pick, and I personally think it will pay off dividends.

saw a tweet that was something like "the Knicks take a foreigner & he's a bust but the Spurs take one and he's an "international prospect"."

was heated at the time but i'll reserve judgement until i see him on an NBA court

Last edited:
spurs have proven they know what they're doing when scouting

phil hasn't proven anything whatsoever yet
And what have you and the other fans who Bood this pick proven exactly? :lol:

I still dont fully understand how this kid is considered "high risk" and "years away" while Hezonja isnt. WCS is a "safer pick?" The guy doesnt have a tenth of his offensive game and has been quoted saying that he doesnt have a strong desire to play in the NBA. Yall would murder Zinger for that :lol:

This kid has a polished all around game. He is just skinny, which I said before and ill say again, doesnt ******* scare me. He contributed on a bigger stage than any of these ******* kids. He is a competitor.

But keep on hating. Its gonna fuel him. :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom