2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

What did MBJ do that was so worth of a nomination? :lol:

Now Sam L on the other hand... :smh:
No QT for best ORIGINAL screenplay jeez

I am really surprised in that too.

How did Straight Out Of Compton get a nod for original screenplay when it was technically a biopic?

I am really surprised in seeing Mad Max doing that well. I mean I liked it but I didn't think it was the best movie ever.

My Picks

Best Picture : Mad Max

Best Director :Adam McKay

Best Actor: Leo

Best Actress:: Undecided still need to watch Carol

Best Supporting Actor: SLY, i would've liked steve carrell to atleast get nominated though

Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Jason Leigh

Best Animated Feature Film: Anomalisa even though I still need to watch, I just feel like Inside out was not the best it could be from pixar and that particular director

Score: Ennio Morricone – The Hateful Eight

Cinematography: The Revnant

Not every category is who i want to win, but I think this is how the acedemy will do it.

Last edited:

I am really surprised in that too.

How did Straight Out Of Compton get a nod for original screenplay when it was technically a biopic?

I am really surprised in seeing Mad Max doing that well. I mean I liked it but I didn't think it was the best movie ever.
Because it was still an original screenplay.. it didn't come from a biography about N.W.A. or a previous source. Just because it's a biopic doesn't mean it has to be considered an adapted screenplay, it has to be adapted from another source.

Might be kinda unpopular opinion, alot of people I talked to didnt enjoy Mad Max nearly as much as I did but I think it was the best movie of the year.

I think it should win cinematography, best visual effects, sound mixing, film editing, production design as well on top of best picture.

Leo and Hardy for Best lead and supporting actor is easy money this year. Leo finally did it. The noms are a cakewalk for him.

Last edited:
I still haven't seen The Revenant, Spotlight or The Martian so I can't really comment on who should win.

I didn't like The Big Short. It reminded me a lot of "American Hustle" and I hated that movie.

Stallone being nominated for anything is comical.

What's with all the Stallone hate? Is it because he has a bad reputation as an actor? If y'all watched creed you would know this is a deserving nomination. Dude should be the front runner to win tbh

Nothing stood out to me from Stallone in Creed. It just felt like an extended cameo to be honest. The movie overall was enjoyable.

Same with Mad Max. I enjoyed it for what it was, but can't say it was the best. It was just a cyber punk version of Death Proof with a guy playing guitar with a flamethrower.

stallone DOES NOT deserve a nomination. he might have been the best actor in that movie but that says nothing.
idris elba's performance in beasts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>stallone's in creed

you may not have liked mad max as much as others but it is a technically perfect movie

it's amazing in every aspect of filmmaking 

you may not have liked mad max as much as others but it is a technically perfect movie

I guess that can be said about Avatar. Not a the best movie ever but it had all elements of a good movie. I am still shocked it lost to Hurtlocker. Hurtlocker was a good film but Avatar just seemed like the sure winner.

If you want a good laugh check out the #oscarssowhite hashtag on facebook **** is comedy, some white people are so oblivious it's crazy.

People really liked Avatar like that?

I thought that movie was cheeks but I don't really remember how other people felt back when it came out.

I guess that can be said about Avatar. Not a the best movie ever but it had all elements of a good movie. I am still shocked it lost to Hurtlocker. Hurtlocker was a good film but Avatar just seemed like the sure winner.
avatar was more of a gimmick with the 3D and cgi

from a story telling/world building perspective it doesnt come close to mad max 

Leo and Hardy for Best lead and supporting actor is easy money this year. Leo finally did it. The noms are a cakewalk for him.

Eddie Redmayne going to win on pure politics.
nah, they already covered that base with Jared Leto (deservedly so) 2 years ago 

also would you guys be in favor of them increasing the number of nominees when necessary in the acting categories like they do with Best Picture?

Last edited:

Eddie Redmayne going to win on pure politics.
nah, they already covered that base with Jared Leto (deservedly so) 2 years ago 

also would you guys be in favor of them increasing the number or nominees when necessary in the acting categories like they do with Best Picture?
does it matter?

that's just going to add 2-3 people who have no chance at winning

fassbender got this though 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom