2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

Beasts of no Nation snubbed
mean.gif

Idriss and Abraham deserve to be nominated
Definitely one of my top favorites of the year as well.

benicio should have gotten a nom for sicario, Ruffalo in spotlight wasn't anything special

So Creed is just not gonna get any respect for being the best movie of 2015?

it was nowhere near the best movie of 2015.

im still trying to figure out how Stallone won a Golden Globe and is nominated for an Oscar.

Last edited:
these dudes mentioning stallone and creed have to be trolling. gotta be a joke.

Or maybe they just liked it bro this isn't some transformers or fast and furious joint were talking about. Creed was well directed and well acted just an all around good movie

Or maybe they just liked it bro this isn't some transformers or fast and furious joint were talking about. Creed was well directed and well acted just an all around good movie

This. Stallone winning Supporting at the Globes was cool. Will he win the Oscar? Doubt it.

Last edited:

this is also the Academy Awards and not the People's Choice Awards.

have to know your lane and stay in it.

i never said it wasn't a good movie, i'm making a firm statement that it doesn't belong anywhere near the best 8 movies of the year and stallone absolutely does not deserve a spot in the top 5 best supporting actor performances for the entire year. not even close. i watched creed and was mildly entertained. it was formulaic. the performances were above average. my mom loved it but she also liked sharknado.

The only snubs in my opinion are Jason Mitchell , and Idris Selba although one came out on netflix the other came out in the summer and had lost momentum by the time January came along

What is your perception of Sylvester Stallone as far as his acting abilities go? Was he able to sway your perception in any way? He drastically swayed my perception and ultimately, I think that's what his nomination is about.

Similar to Mickey Rourke in the Wrestler. Your perception of him prior to that film might have been crappy, washed up, talentless actor. Then he flips that perception on its side. That's the sign of good acting.

So that's my reason, not trolling. Of course many people don't see it the same way I'm sure

What date is The Oscars Big J? :nerd:

There is no way Idris Elba should of been left off the supporting actor list.

NO FREAKING WAY.

I would replace him with ANYONE on that list, not only should he have been nominated but he should of won.

I've seen all the other performances and they were amazing, but Elba's was the best.

Straight highway robbery. :smh:

You think it has something to do with the fact that the film went straight to Netflix? That was easily my fave movie this year second to Star Wars.
I honestly do wish I saw Beasts in theaters and not on my computer.

That probably has something to do with it.
Best Picture

The Big Short
Bridge of Spies
Brooklyn
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Martian
The Revenant
Room
Spotlight
I'd add Beasts of No Nation since they got 2 spots they didn't use but if it's about swapping somebody out I'd take out The Martian. Beasts still sticks with me to this day after seeing it.

Best Director

Lenny Abrahamson - Room
Alejandro G. Iñárritu - The Revenant
Tom McCarthy - Spotlight
Adam McKay - The Big Short
George Miller - Mad Max: Fury Road
I could see McCarthy winning though.

Best Actor

Bryan Cranston – Trumbo
Matt Damon – The Martian
Leonardo DiCaprio – The Revenant
Michael Fassbender – Steve Jobs
Eddie Redmayne – The Danish Girl
Leo should have this.

I would've easily swapped out Damon for Jackson in The Hateful 8.

I dunno if they're considering Carrell a supporting or main actor but he should've been nominated.

Best Actress

Cate Blanchett – Carol
Brie Larson – Room
Jennifer Lawrence – Joy
Charlotte Rampling – 45 Years
Saoirse Ronan – Brooklyn
Pretty sure Brie Larson got this.

Could see Cate getting it though.

Best Supporting Actor

Christian Bale – The Big Short
Tom Hardy – The Revenant
Mark Rylance – Bridge of Spies
Mark Ruffalo – Spotlight
Sylvester Stallone – Creed
I'm guessing Ruffalo got this.

Carrell should've been nominated instead of Bale.

But again Idris got snubbed and if he was nominated I don't see how he loses. I'd easily deny Bale and Hardy a nomination for Idris Elba as Commandant in Beasts of No Nation. Son was so good.

I already made my arguments for Leo and TR in several other threads already but I'm sure I'll do it again during/after the awards.

As for the other stuff, I don't see it as a snub for Star Wars, Straight Outta Compton, or even Creed.

about to watch an award-caliber movie. what should it be:

The Martian
Beasts of No Nation
Spotlight

the martian was such an average movie. I wouldn't nominate that ish for best picture. I guess being based on what I assume is a popular book and having a big star and director attached to it gets you nominations.

What is your perception of Sylvester Stallone as far as his acting abilities go? Was he able to sway your perception in any way? He drastically swayed my perception and ultimately, I think that's what his nomination is about.

Similar to Mickey Rourke in the Wrestler. Your perception of him prior to that film might have been crappy, washed up, talentless actor. Then he flips that perception on its side. That's the sign of good acting.

So that's my reason, not trolling. Of course many people don't see it the same way I'm sure
mickey rourke's performance in the wrestler far outshined stallone's. if i were to rate stallone's performances, i'd say he was better in rocky 1. he's a good actor that does well in the niche he has carved out for himself. i don't dislike him at all. i just don't see his performance in creed as worthy of the nomination.

Biggest snub was F7 See you again. That was the biggest hit of the summer. And had millions of people in their feelings 
mean.gif

The Martian is one of those great and enjoyable movies from top to bottom. It's got action, drama, science/science fiction, comedy, and likable characters. I wish the crew was able to be fleshed out a bit more, but it was a lot to fit in and it did a great job adapting the book.

Damon is deserving of a nomination. 

And I have no problem with Stallone being nominated. He was  really great in that movie and I'm sure part of the appeal for voters was the fact that he's playing a character he created forty damn years ago.. and he can still hit those emotional character moments and have you caring and believing in him.

And like it's been mentioned, it's hard to take the "XYZ was snubbed" unless you talk about who they should be voted in over. The exception being the Best Picture race since you're allowed up to 10 nominees in that category. That's the biggest problem with awards in general and how people view them, it's not the all-encompassing selection of greatness for the year. 9/10 there's always other people who deserved to be recognized, but they can only nominate so many.

Back
Top Bottom