2016 banned 1. Legit? Bad quality? Help me fam

Legit.

Don't worry about the stars. Probably the mold is exhibiting some wear, nothing to worry about.

There are not enough photos to make a determination.

I've never seen a retail pair with such a defect in the stitching.

I cannot believe this would have passed Jordan's quality control.

Are these stamped "b" 's?

Honestly, I cannot tell if this was a factory glitch or a tear caused by someone yanking on them when trying on.

Since they appear DS so you can always try to return them to Nike.

If they are indeed a legit pair (not B's) and it's an actual QC issue, Nike will either replace them or offer something else
with the same retail value. They are pretty good about these matters.

Last edited:
So just really bad QC on my pair. Thanks Jordan Brand.
Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

That's so disappointing. From a Brand like Jordan and products that should be of good quality you would expect that they at least look out for flaws like that. Minor flaws are okay but the flaw is something you can clearly see on the outside smh
And it's even more frustrating if you get one of the messed up ones.
May sound strange but if I find flaws, I'm like 50% less happy with my pair.

That's so disappointing. From a Brand like Jordan and products that should be of good quality you would expect that they at least look out for flaws like that. Minor flaws are okay but the flaw is something you can clearly see on the outside smh
And it's even more frustrating if you get one of the messed up ones. improvement and an inetrnal investigation found that
May sound strange but if I find flaws, I'm like 50% less happy with my pair.

Unfortunately, QC issues are nothing new to to Jordan Brand and most Asian manufactured products in general with the exception of Japanese products.

Since Jordan is essentially subcontracting out the manufacturing to private firms located in China, Vietnam and Indonesia it's known that those companies do not place
a high priority on quality. These companies are more concerned with low price and high quantity contracts since they have plenty of low priced labor readily available.

Compounding the problem further is the inherent corruption that is rampant in China & Vietnam. It's not unusual for an employee to look the other way as
long as his or her pocket is padded.

The way I see it, the long term solution for Nike is to manufacture the shoes in their own wholly-owned plants with Nike employees.

If this is not economically feasible, a short tern solution could be for Nike to send their own quality control inspectors over to Asia to work in the actual manufacturing plants with the locals.
Having eyes and ears at the plant will insure the quality objectives are being met. This is the only way I can see for Nike to improve the quality issues in a relatively short period of time.

Last edited:
Nike to send their own quality control inspectors over to Asia to work in the actual manufacturing plants with the locals.
Having eyes and ears at the plant will insure the quality objectives are being met. This is the only way I can see for Nike to improve the quality issues in a relatively short period of time.

Nike can but they just don't care.

Nike can but they just don't care.
Exactly, people (or we) will buy the kicks anyway. And if there are some flawed pairs the few people with that pairs will eventually complain but that's nothing Nike cares about.

Back
Top Bottom