2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

OBJ was pretty good minus a few bad games but made up for it with others. those were the bright spots on my team, Watkins went out after a week lol

no decent RB and btw I had Jordan reed as my TE

I could have had an amazing team

had Eli has my QB and picked up Matt Ryan week 2 but rarely played him because I wanted Eli matched up with OBJ
If you were in a PPR league then OBJ and Evans were top-3 WRs. That's better than pretty good. As far as starting Eli over Matt Ryan, I'm guilty of doing that type of stuff too. Sometimes it's hard to start better players over the ones you've become attached to for whatever reason:smh:.

Ok so someone explain this to me. First time playing a keeper league. On my team page it says the first four rounds are reserved for keeper selection (7,19,31,43). Does this mean I use those picks to strictly keep a player on my team from last season?

My keepers so far will be Mariota (QB), LMIller (RB), and two from Baldwin, Cooks, ARob, Landry, and DJax for a PPR. Saw someone above recommend Cooks and DJax but was thinking Baldwin and one another. Thoughts?

Ok so someone explain this to me. First time playing a keeper league. On my team page it says the first four rounds are reserved for keeper selection (7,19,31,43). Does this mean I use those picks to strictly keep a player on my team from last season?

My keepers so far will be Mariota (QB), LMIller (RB), and two from Baldwin, Cooks, ARob, Landry, and DJax for a PPR. Saw someone above recommend Cooks and DJax but was thinking Baldwin and one another. Thoughts?
Double check with the commish to see if those are the actual rules. Keeper league settings vary from league to league, and as an example, what it says on ESPN regarding keepers for my league isn't correct. We set our own rules.

If those are the correct rules though, you'll wanna make sure that you MUST keep 4 players. If you're allowed to keep less than 4, then there's no sense in keeping Mariota and DJax, as both of those guys can be drafted after the 4th round (Landy is a fringe 4th rounder as well). I'd still probably keep Miller/Baldwin/Cooks/ARob regardless though, as all of those guys are top 2nd-3rd round picks. That way you'll lock up your WR/Flex spots as well as have a top RB before the draft even starts.

You guys straight up neglect drafting an RB? Or you just start grabbing them super late? lol

You guys straight up neglect drafting an RB? Or you just start grabbing them super late? lol
Don't draft one before the 6th round. Then grab high upside RBs in committees, pass-catching backs, and undervalued starters, and hope that either injury or increased opportunity (e.g. poor play from guys ahead of them on the depth chart) causes them to break out. Load up on WRs (and occasionally TE) in the early rounds. Exceptions can be made, but that's the gist of it.

It's primarily suited for PPR leagues that start 3 WRs and a Flex, although it can still work very well in other formats. The main thoughts of the strategy are that top RBs get hurt more often than top WRs. And the fact that in the "new" NFL (pass-heavy), WRs that you can grab in rounds 1-5 are likely to outscore RBs that are drafted even in the 1st round (as a general example, in PPR leagues, the #15 WR will probably outscore the bottom-half of the top 10 RBs).

Check this article out for a more detailed analysis.
http://rotoviz.com/2016/06/a-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-zero-rb-universe/?hvid=X3a20
(view in private/incognito mode if you don't subscribe to RotoViz)

Byke :D

I'm always tempted to go zero RB but there's no way I could be comfortable with someone like Isaiah Crowell as my RB1

It's definitely not for everyone :lol:. I've been full-on Zero RB for the past two seasons (and somewhat in 2014), and while it didn't work out last year, my teams were so good in 2015 that I'm chalking up last year as a fluke (which data shows that it was). Hoping for more 2015 as far as my fantasy football success goes this year.

Byke :D

I'm always tempted to go zero RB but there's no way I could be comfortable with someone like Isaiah Crowell as my RB1

This haha unless I'm fortunate to grab a guy like Bilal Powell I'd be hesitant starting my season off with lower-level RBs, even if they have potential to grow into a lead back role.

Running backs are underrated in PPR imo..My homie offered his Demarco Murray for my Alshon Jeffrey before the season and i declined...he went on to ride Demarco, Shady, and Zeke to the championship while Alshon and D.Hopkins were buns for me....

Melvin Gordon kept my team afloat...Theres value in RB in ppr....

It's really all about taking the best player available.

If you take a WR in the 1st, don't feel forced to reach for a RB in the 2nd. There's a 99% chance your team in week 13 looks very different than your team in week 1.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Blount either (although I hope he kills it because I'm an Eagles fan :lol:). But he's the perfect Zero RB target. A starting RB with a good O-Line who's shown that he can score TDs on what should be a pretty good offense. In the 9th-10th round? Sign me up.

I mentioned it yesterday, but a guy like Bilal Powell is a target of mine. Probably the only Jet I would grab aside from Enunwa. Jets, and fantasy players, would greatly benefit if they move on from Forte and feature Powell more.

Two moves screwed me this past season in my big money league - taking Lamar Miller over Mike Evans and drafting Josh Gordon in like the 7th round over plenty of other players that could have helped me.

Then in like Week 2 I got offered Melvin Gordon, Mike Thomas and somebody else for Miller and Josh Gordon and declined it thinking this dude was crazy for offering me bum *** Melvin Gordon and some random bum rookie from the Saints for my potential top 5 fantasy RB and my lottery ticket possible WR1 when he came back.

Worst year ever for me in that league lol....I did win my other league though

fan.PNG

i gotta pick 2 outta these guys in my ppr keeper league except AB since we can only keep guys for 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom