2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

I mentioned it yesterday, but a guy like Bilal Powell is a target of mine. Probably the only Jet I would grab aside from Enunwa. Jets, and fantasy players, would greatly benefit if they move on from Forte and feature Powell more.

i'm leaning towards using one of my keeps on powell (i lose a 7th rounder). he saved my *** in the playoffs, i ended up 2nd place with that roster up there

i was thinking that too but i lose a first and second rounder.
AJ Green is pretty much a consensus first rounder so if you're able to keep him I'd do it, even if you'd lose your first rounder for him. Rodgers projects as a 3rd-4th rounder though so not sure I'd keep him if you're gonna lose a 1st or 2nd. Imo when keeping players you always have to take the "discount" or equal value round. You'd actually be paying a premium to keep Rodgers.

Reactions: fx2
AJ Green is pretty much a consensus first rounder so if you're able to keep him I'd do it, even if you'd lose your first rounder for him. Rodgers projects as a 3rd-4th rounder though so not sure I'd keep him if you're gonna lose a 1st or 2nd. Imo when keeping players you always have to take the "discount" or equal value round. You'd actually be paying a premium to keep Rodgers.

i just dont wanna end up keeping green and then get a top 5-7 pick and miss out on AB, julio or any of the elite RBs remaining. its too bad we have to have our keepers locked in before we determine draft order.

i just dont wanna end up keeping green and then get a top 5-7 pick and miss out on AB, julio or any of the elite RBs remaining. its too bad we have to have our keepers locked in before we determine draft order.
Yeah good point, I didn't think of that. Are any other 1st round players most likely being kept?

Yeah good point, I didn't think of that. Are any other 1st round players most likely being kept?
man now that i think of it, the only top 5 pick being kept is DJ. this one dude has both DJ and zeke but i dont think he's keeping zeke if he gets suspended.

man now that i think of it, the only top 5 pick being kept is DJ. this one dude has both DJ and zeke but i dont think he's keeping zeke if he gets suspended.
So the 1st round should be wide open then. I'd probably go against keeping Green now. If you end up drawing a top 5 pick, you can get someone better. And if you get a pick from 6-on you can just re-draft him if you wanted to. Win-Win situation imo :lol:.

Man I've done no research, forgot every player. need to start soon since were not that far away from drafting and season starting

Keeper league question,

Keeping Freeman (lose 4th round), Gordon (lose 5th round), and Jordy (lose 8th round).

I won the consolation bracket and get to pick my draft position, leaning towards choosing #1 but the wait is so long until the next pick (snake).. where would you guys choose to draft at in a full ppr league?

Keeper league question,

Keeping Freeman (lose 4th round), Gordon (lose 5th round), and Jordy (lose 8th round).

I won the consolation bracket and get to pick my draft position, leaning towards choosing #1 but the wait is so long until the next pick (snake).. where would you guys choose to draft at in a full ppr league?

How many team league? I would say you are pretty set at running back so I would try to stay top 3 to get Julio, AB, or ODB. I would lean going no lower than 2 so you are assured Julio or AB. Then you have a core of Gordon, Freeman, Julio/AB and Jordy to build around.

Keeper league question,

It's really all personal preference. I always prefer drafting in the middle of the round, that way it's a pretty even amount of picks each way before I pick again. Most years I pass up on the top flite talents that way but I just like the symmetry. But it shouldn't be a problem this year because even at pick 6 someone like Julio or ODB should be there. Your league having keepers will complicate this but it still really all depends on whether you mind the long wait between picks or if you prefer having a more even wait.

In my 10 team league this year, I want 7-10.

Getting DJ or Bell is awesome but I really don't like the guys available in the back end of the 2nd round. If you have a late pick you're able to get Green/Evans/Nelson then Gordon or Howard.

How many team league? I would say you are pretty set at running back so I would try to stay top 3 to get Julio, AB, or ODB. I would lean going no lower than 2 so you are assured Julio or AB. Then you have a core of Gordon, Freeman, Julio/AB and Jordy to build around.

It's a 12 team league, every team can keep up to 3 players, so that's the thing thats making it tough to choose my spot. This is our third season and we can only keep players for a max of 3 but I'm not set on picking super early because of the fact that it could be a waste of an early pick due to great WR's being held onto.. we'll see what happens though, thanks for the advice fellas!

Wheres Mike Evans ranked this year? he's #4 WR I would imagine behind Brown, Julio, and OBJ?

Id take green over evans. Targets might decrease with all those new pass catchers IMO. He'll still prob kill it though

I think D-Jax could have a huge year. It will be interesting to see how that could affect Evans. Godwin also looked amazing this summer.

Jameis should put up some pretty big numbers.

Got 3rd pick in my PPR league

First 2 picks should be some order of Bell & Johnson so I'm fine with Brown. Although in the mocks I've done I like my team a lot better with Zeke.

Back
Top Bottom