2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it'll be interesting to see what Goff does with a new coach

to be fair to goff, rams need Oline and receiving help.. i still fully expect tavon to go to the pats or some other smarter team eventually and do work, hell could probably say the same for gurley too

whitworth should be huge for them, but they need outside WRs in the worst way.. while i think robert woods can be solid, they seriously over paid for what should be a 3rd guy.. and cooper kupp is another solid complimentary guy

to be fair to goff, rams need Oline and receiving help.. i still fully expect tavon to go to the pats or some other smarter team eventually and do work, hell could probably say the same for gurley too

whitworth should be huge for them, but they need outside WRs in the worst way.. while i think robert woods can be solid, they seriously over paid for what should be a 3rd guy.. and cooper kupp is another solid complimentary guy

Yeah I mean I am not expecting Pro Bowl but he def needs to show a little growth this year, I guess there isn't much fan pressure in LA so he's got that going for him

yea i'm not expecting much until some things around him changes and get better.. but the coach could do some things immediately just changing up how tavon and gurley are used, which i expect.. also curious to see how kupp gets used

what's the best a team has done the season they were on hard knocks?

also, never been a fan of the show.. just have zero interest in caring THAT much about other teams.. and i dont want my team on there

I've always been a fan of Hard Knocks. If you don't care to see other teams besides your own, then yeah, I could see why one wouldn't care for it. But it's produced and shot very well. I actually enjoy getting an inside look at how teams operate and the stories behind rookies and undrafted players.

I've always been a fan of Hard Knocks. If you don't care to see other teams besides your own, then yeah, I could see why one wouldn't care for it. But it's produced and shot very well. I actually enjoy getting an inside look at how teams operate and the stories behind rookies and undrafted players.

yup. agree with this. love how HBO puts it together. when you watch that v All or Nothing, you really get an idea of how much better HBO does **** :lol:

Since one of the qualifications for appearing on Hard Knocks is that the team had to have missed the playoffs the previous year, the likelihood of a trash team being featured is much higher.

Someone with a better grasp of statistics please tell me if I'm off.

Johnny_Cakes Johnny_Cakes really?

honestly, if i were in charge of picking the team i would go with whatever team took a QB super high in the draft since that's what the league is selling anyways.. you can bring in the hand holding vet and play up the coaching cliches that go with the young/old QB thing

so like colts with luck, bucs with winston, rams with goff.. elevate the profile of the young QB and hand holder could show some personality and get a studio job

Johnny_Cakes Johnny_Cakes really?

honestly, if i were in charge of picking the team i would go with whatever team took a QB super high in the draft since that's what the league is selling anyways.. you can bring in the hand holding vet and play up the coaching cliches that go with the young/old QB thing

so like colts with luck, bucs with winston, rams with goff.. elevate the profile of the young QB and hand holder could show some personality and get a studio job

Here's the criteria per NFL.com:

As fans of the ground-breaking documentary series are surely aware, NFL owners passed a resolution in 2013 stating that teams can avoid mandatory inclusion on Hard Knocks if they fall under any of three exemptions: 1) They have a first-year head coach in place; 2) They have a playoff berth in the past two seasons; 3) They have appeared on Hard Knocks in the past 10 years

So it's past two seasons when it comes to playoffs. If you're a team that has missed the last two playoffs you may be mired in a rough stretch. Explains why we won't see Pitt or NE on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom