2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

i dont think the Nike elite jerseys are moving well, and low re-sale value. From a business perspective, it doesnt make sense to include the NFL100 logo for a celebration that only last 1 season.

Good point. Makes sense, especially when you see 4 and 5 year old jerseys still selling for retail on Fanatics.

Nothing new (obviously), just thought I'd share some pics of my Vapor Elite Sherman jersey I got off NDC a few years back. Still one of my favorite jerseys
IMG_0053.jpg
IMG_0054.jpg

A personalized Elite is $369 so with tax that jersey is almost $400. A 'popular' player Elite is $325. That is INSANE. Margins on that jersey have to be sky high for Nike, Fanatics, the NFL, etc.
Elite's are not moving compared to other cheaper options because to the average fan they don't care about the difference. I will say that if you are going to offer the 100 yr patch on the Limited why not the Elite. Isn't the Elite considered the closest thing to an actual gamer.
Nike needs to lower the price on Elites.

I’d rather buy a game used /game issued jersey off NFL auctions for that price.

You used to be able to grab a 3rd stringer/special team player gamer for $150 or less. I think it’s cooler to own a actual on field piece than spend $400 for something that’s not worth the price tag. But I think the site has more people on it now and those steals are hard to come by.

I’d rather buy a game used /game issued jersey off NFL auctions for that price.

You used to be able to grab a 3rd stringer/special team player gamer for $150 or less. I think it’s cooler to own a actual on field piece than spend $400 for something that’s not worth the price tag. But I think the site has more people on it now and those steals are hard to come by.

This. All of this.
Game used is where it is at but like you said they are getting harder to come by - especially the Nike versions. I want a Mahomes jersey. Zero chance I can get a Mahomes gamer for a reasonable price but I want as close to a gamer as possible. Luckily for me I have some gift cards and returns stacked up so the price will be reasonable. If I didn't ZERO chance I would pay retail and even with a 30% code I would hesitant to buy.

So I buy the AR12 Authentic, great quality etc.

I wish they made the patches available, let me buy the captains patch. I'd buy the 100th Season for the collar. Heck, let me buy the patch from last year for the packers 100th season. Just not sure why they don't make that stuff available. I'd assume that would be low cost for them.

^ I just bought an authentic Julio and wish it came with the Captain patch and the 100 as well. For $300+ you’d think they’d give you all that :smh:

^ I just bought an authentic Julio and wish it came with the Captain patch and the 100 as well. For $300+ you’d think they’d give you all that :smh:
We got the vanilla version. Technically after this season the nfl100 merchandise will be obsolete/clearance.

$35 from eBay. At the rate Manning has been playing stat wise, I think I overpaid. I do plan to do a practice DIY resizing to a "size 38" with elastic sleeves similar to the vapor untouchable. Much cleaner look for someone who is bony. If all goes well I plan to do this to others in my collection.
IMG-20190913-WA0001.jpeg

There was a guy selling authentic patches on eBay like 3 years back. Some Teams outsource the patches, there’s just a template to follow. That’s why If you looked close enough you can see the differences between captain patches from team to team.

I bought a 4 star gold chargers one from him and had my tailor put it on my Rivers elite 51. I don’t think he’s on eBay anymore tho. Mostly all fakes

I really don't understand Nike's terrible business acumen with the current price point for the authentic NFL jerseys. Why don't they understand jerseys aren't popular circa 2000-02 when people were paying $300 average for Mitchell & Ness jerseys? That's been a bygone era.

Do they not understand those authentic jerseys will be sitting at $325 apiece?

I understand they monopolized the NFL jersey market by having it totally sewn up because they acquired the NFL license since 2012 but people aren't willing to pay over $300 for a jersey in the current era.

That's a bygone era when average consumers who weren't knowledgeable about sports were paying full price for jerseys for fashionable purposes. Jerseys went back to cult status after outsiders stopped buying jerseys for fashion.

I don't know much about the nfl jerseys but I do know that $20 for a $150 jersey ain't bad. And even though Cam Wake ain't with the team any more, and the Dolphins are probably going to have the worst season in nfl history...

well there's always next year

IMG_20190919_003151.jpg
IMG_20190919_003202.jpg
IMG_20190919_003133.jpg

I really don't understand Nike's terrible business acumen with the current price point for the authentic NFL jerseys. Why don't they understand jerseys aren't popular circa 2000-02 when people were paying $300 average for Mitchell & Ness jerseys? That's been a bygone era.

Do they not understand those authentic jerseys will be sitting at $325 apiece?

I understand they monopolized the NFL jersey market by having it totally sewn up because they acquired the NFL license since 2012 but people aren't willing to pay over $300 for a jersey in the current era.

That's a bygone era when average consumers who weren't knowledgeable about sports were paying full price for jerseys for fashionable purposes. Jerseys went back to cult status after outsiders stopped buying jerseys for fashion.
Well there must be a reason why they bumped customs from $350 to $375 this past week. All teams have vapor elite blanks now. Some teams even have 3-4 options to chose from (Pats, Rams). So those customs must be doing numbers for them to raise it $25 on a already ridiculous price

I don't know much about the nfl jerseys but I do know that $20 for a $150 jersey ain't bad. And even though Cam Wake ain't with the team any more, and the Dolphins are probably going to have the worst season in nfl history...

well there's always next year

IMG_20190919_003151.jpg
IMG_20190919_003202.jpg
IMG_20190919_003133.jpg
NFL does a decent job on their “middle tier” jerseys compared to the “middle” tier jerseys of the NBA (swingmans). The details on that Miami dolphins shoulder patches are nice. Any logos on swingmans are heat pressed flimsy cheap screen printed twill that doesn’t last smh :smh:

Limiteds are a good middle ground, details such as patches and team name on chest are stitched. And if your team has 1 layer numbers (colts, jets old template, niners, Steelers) than it’s dope cause it’s almost as close as elites other than material. The fit is good too. What we got from Reebok was trash.

Well there must be a reason why they bumped customs from $350 to $375 this past week. All teams have vapor elite blanks now. Some teams even have 3-4 options to chose from (Pats, Rams). So those customs must be doing numbers for them to raise it $25 on a already ridiculous price

I did notice that the custom jerseys appreciated by $25 recently when I went on NFL Shop website.

The bad thing about the custom jerseys from NFL Shop is that they're not done by Exclusive Pro Sports who most people know do a good job with customization and intricate details.

Low key want a blue golladay authentic but def not spaying anywhere near what it retails for
They had a good selection of authentics at Ford Field this past Sunday, but yeah the $350 they were charging is a bit steep.

They had a good selection of authentics at Ford Field this past Sunday, but yeah the $350 they were charging is a bit steep.
I was there for the game but didn’t enter the shop, didn’t think they would have Authentics but I’m glad because it woulda made me want one even more

Back
Top Bottom