2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

That’s a reassuring.

Still can’t figure out who is calling the shots on jersey roll outs. Is it the team or Nike? I get why the Cowboys have multiple player and color Elite options but arguably the face of the league, Mahomes only has his home Elite. Makes no sense unless they are going to refresh the jerseys next year.
I do wonder if Nike is going to care less and less about the upper Elite line as the average fan is not buying that tier of jersey. They are either going for the screen printed, Limited or something I am seeing more and more the fake $25 ‘stitched’ versions you can get on FB Marketplace, the gas station or that one friend on FB who does jersey orders.

Their main jersey is the limited now. Elites are expensive plus I don’t think it’s a flattering fit for the average American. The vapor elite really looks like a jersey made for pads.

That’s a reassuring.

Still can’t figure out who is calling the shots on jersey roll outs. Is it the team or Nike? I get why the Cowboys have multiple player and color Elite options but arguably the face of the league, Mahomes only has his home Elite. Makes no sense unless they are going to refresh the jerseys next year.
I do wonder if Nike is going to care less and less about the upper Elite line as the average fan is not buying that tier of jersey. They are either going for the screen printed, Limited or something I am seeing more and more the fake $25 ‘stitched’ versions you can get on FB Marketplace, the gas station or that one friend on FB who does jersey orders.

Yeah, the way Nike has handled Elites has been so weird, but the majority of ppl would buy the $20 knock-off over any officially licensed jersey regardless of how bad they look.

The price point on Elites has gotten a little ridiculous, too.

sidenote: this code still works for 20% off on NFLShop: 439707

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered a Vapor Untouchable Custom Elite Jersey for this season yet if so how are the numbers stitched are they still layered or are they kiss cut now? Really wanted a white Mahomes since they never came out with the elites in white
I can find out. I work for the Dolphins and I can ask the retail team since they have the ability to make custom elites there at the store.

I know it’s a different process if ordered directly from the team compared to say Fanatics or NFL Shop (which ironically is the same inventory)

I can find out. I work for the Dolphins and I can ask the retail team since they have the ability to make custom elites there at the store.

I know it’s a different process if ordered directly from the team compared to say Fanatics or NFL Shop (which ironically is the same inventory)

The hand off between Fanatics and the teams online pro shop is confusing, frustrating and ridiculous all at the same time.

That is good to know. I'll see how this Fanatics Elite comes out and if it looks garbage I will return and go try the Chiefs Team Shop.

Can you ask them specifically which vendor they use for in-store customs? I know with other teams, it can be anywhere from the team seamstress to EPS to Silver Crystal in Canada (who do most of Fanatics stuff).

Can you ask them specifically which vendor they use for in-store customs? I know with other teams, it can be anywhere from the team seamstress to EPS to Silver Crystal in Canada (who do most of Fanatics stuff).
I know for game jerseys they can make it there on the spot. They have numerous blanks. I’ve seen blanks of elites physically there as well but I’ll confirm on how they do it. Ppl can order elites there

In similar news, it looks like the Bears Pro shop uses EPS for their in store customs. At least, based on EPS's Facebook. These are all Justin Fields retail elites.

241216076_892680464685669_6482495359402123577_n.jpg

Before I purchased off of Fanatics I called the Chiefs team store to enquiry if they had or knew if they would be getting a road Mahomes Elite and the lady I spoke to didn't mention the option to order an Elite from the store.

Speaking of customs, I want a white Chris Jones Chiefs game jersey. They only sell the red game jersey with his name and the custom game option has disappeared off of fanatics. It was just there a few days ago. I'll have to call and see if the Chiefs team store does custom game jerseys and will ship.

Before I purchased off of Fanatics I called the Chiefs team store to enquiry if they had or knew if they would be getting a road Mahomes Elite and the lady I spoke to didn't mention the option to order an Elite from the store.
Hmmm some stores different then. Those who probably only have it online getting it outsourced

The hand off between Fanatics and the teams online pro shop is confusing, frustrating and ridiculous all at the same time.

That is good to know. I'll see how this Fanatics Elite comes out and if it looks garbage I will return and go try the Chiefs Team Shop.
Update

Dolphins custom VUE are done by the teams actual equipment staff. Same numbering and letters but obviously different cut than the actual player issued stuff

Nike issues the blanks and a lot of the colors just aren’t stateside yet. Like the Dolphins white throwbacks and Aqua home jerseys still stuck on a boat lol

Wow! That’s pretty cool by the ‘Phins. Makes me want to call the Chiefs and ask if they have a similar policy.

Can anyone tell me if this looks legit?..I don't own an elite jersey, the last authentic jersey I bought was when reebok made them.. but from what I've seen it looks pretty legit

Looks legit to me. Interesting that he’s selling a used jersey for so much, though.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Vapor Elite fake that has the fitted sleeves, so I feel like it’s even easier to spot them now.

Reactions: Rum
Thanks it’s the retail kiss cut I have a layered authentic with my last name on it that’s why I was hoping they release the whites in retail... my man has won regular season MVP Super Bowl MVP he’s the best QB and face of the league they should have both options for authentic jerseys available come on NFL 🤬

Y’all preaching to the choir I sad this exact thing last year and Nike still holding out…I’m going to post the after effects of washing a layered elite jersey vs the kiss cut…I’m not falling for the okey doke again because that was ridiculous it’s so bad I don’t even want to wear it anymore and it has my name on it smdh

I wonder if Nike holding out because of Patrick's deal with adidas. Gotta be the only reason because other wise Nike either dumb or petty not to make any type of jersey offering available with Mahomes last name on it.

KICKNFL gets you 30% off at NFL Shop. Doesn’t look like it works on Elites though.

I assume most ppl have browser extensions that find coupon codes, but I figured I’d post this one.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of what’s being said in here. It’s annoying as hell that they make it extremely difficult to get some teams and players elite jerseys.

In the case of the road Mahomes, it’s beyond irritating that they charge as much as they do $369.99 MSRP and can’t manage to do the correct kiss cut numbers. It’s an absolute joke. I don’t know what’s so hard about them not using the accurate kiss cut style numbering. Only team I’ve really ordered customized elites for is the 49ers and it’s single layered stitching for them.

Any team with double or triple layered stitching, I wouldn’t mess with the custom stuff since I know I would be paying a premium for inaccurate stitching.

Some teams like the Titans, you can’t even order customized elites for them. I know the elite jerseys aren’t a priority for them and they don’t sell like the replicas and limiteds do. It almost seems like they’re phasing elites out. But they should be available, even if the quantities are somewhat smaller for those who want to order them. It shouldn’t be this hard to find certain elites.

Someone posted this on a jersey related FB group I’m on. He’s kinda crazy spending that much on a Jared Goff custom to begin with. But imagine spending that much. Waiting the 1 month or so turnaround time, only for Crystal River sports to screw things up.

55F61966-3316-49CA-9612-B07D6288D728.jpeg

Speaking of customs, I want a white Chris Jones Chiefs game jersey. They only sell the red game jersey with his name and the custom game option has disappeared off of fanatics. It was just there a few days ago. I'll have to call and see if the Chiefs team store does custom game jerseys and will ship.

The actual team store can do custom Game and Limited jerseys. Didn't ask about shipping.

All Elite custom orders made online are managed through Fanatics and not the team. They have never had blank Elites at the store to customize. Nike has never given them that option. Possibility of maybe Hill or Kelce Elites at some point. Only have the home Mahomes.

marshaquari8816 marshaquari8816 thanks for posting that review, bro. Yeah that is disappointing that the jersey is so far off from what the players get or even what the home variation is much less the dumb amount of money I spent on this jersey. I'll see how it looks when I get it in but I have a feeling I'll probably just eat it and rock it regardless. I have zero clue when or ever if a non-custom road will ever come out for Mahomes and that white is just to clean.

It bares repeating how awful this Fanatics take over has become. SMH.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of what’s being said in here. It’s annoying as hell that they make it extremely difficult to get some teams and players elite jerseys.

In the case of the road Mahomes, it’s beyond irritating that they charge as much as they do $369.99 MSRP and can’t manage to do the correct kiss cut numbers. It’s an absolute joke. I don’t know what’s so hard about them not using the accurate kiss cut style numbering. Only team I’ve really ordered customized elites for is the 49ers and it’s single layered stitching for them.

Any team with double or triple layered stitching, I wouldn’t mess with the custom stuff since I know I would be paying a premium for inaccurate stitching.

Some teams like the Titans, you can’t even order customized elites for them. I know the elite jerseys aren’t a priority for them and they don’t sell like the replicas and limiteds do. It almost seems like they’re phasing elites out. But they should be available, even if the quantities are somewhat smaller for those who want to order them. It shouldn’t be this hard to find certain elites.

Someone posted this on a jersey related FB group I’m on. He’s kinda crazy spending that much on a Jared Goff custom to begin with. But imagine spending that much. Waiting the 1 month or so turnaround time, only for Crystal River sports to screw things up.

55F61966-3316-49CA-9612-B07D6288D728.jpeg
disgusting

Back
Top Bottom