2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

Collecting modern day Authentic jerseys is really dead. I know it’s been trash the past few years, but it’s basically non-existent now. Going custom isn’t the way.
Gotta have a connect. Every so often the Dolphins have a garage sale where they liquidate a lot of old player issued stuff. Plenty of jerseys (game issued/worn) to go around at fairly low prices ($50). Problem is that is usually from players not on the team. I got lucky finding a 2016 Game issued Color Rush (orange) Xavien Howard one time

If I could find a place which could provide accurate custom work. I would be fine going the team issued route and copping random obscure players. Stripping the jersey and getting customized.

It’s for my personal collection and I’m not trying to pass it off as team issued stuff of a more popular player after I customize it so I’m fine doing that for me.

I wish EPS would take over for crappy Crystal River sports in terms of who fanatics would outsource the custom stuff too. The fanatics monopoly has been trash for authentics though. They completely bastardized and watered down mlbshop, the nba store website, nfl shop along with various team stores who are currently under the fanatics umbrella.

Gotta have a connect. Every so often the Dolphins have a garage sale where they liquidate a lot of old player issued stuff. Plenty of jerseys (game issued/worn) to go around at fairly low prices ($50). Problem is that is usually from players not on the team. I got lucky finding a 2016 Game issued Color Rush (orange) Xavien Howard one time

I've been seeing that one guy last few sales that just load bags full of jerseys. He must have an IN :stoneface: .

was worried about why my custom from nfl is taking so long and now after reading this post im worried about other things :lol:

the problem with getting the player you want though is that you cant do custom limited jerseys.

so if they dont make the guy already you have to wait til they do or settle for a game or gamble on an elite.

thats what happened to me.

Last edited:
All this custom talk makes me wonder if they ever started using the right twill for the Raiders home jerseys. I highly doubt it though.

37EA5556-9028-42D0-A707-2FFAB727923A.jpeg
03263E66-8034-4A83-B289-2EA356108532.jpeg

ordered from nfl shop on 8/20 arrived today.

exactly one month.

was really nervous about how it would turn out but i’m happy with it

hopefully the kid works out all my other pats authentics are brady

They’re not elites but I like the limiteds and I’ve been waiting on this limited Herbert to drop since last season. Was able to grab it last week on NFL shop on disco.
DEEE8610-5A29-43ED-BFE8-5C357989609D.jpeg
FC90872D-718F-41B8-902E-85A6D71A5BE5.jpeg
79A94861-DD6A-430D-9991-908F897BE022.jpeg
263DE63E-1ECD-4BA3-A3E3-1FDF957C887E.jpeg

I think limited are nicer to wear. Looks nicer as a casual jersey. The vapor elite looks like it was made for pads

I agree the limited is much more comfortable to wear than the Elites. Much more breathable because of the dry fit materials. I do like the Elite because of the details and that premium look, etc.
Twill and smaller details are definitely better on elites. I wish they offered the elite without the elastic cuffs. You can easily size up then for a looser casual fit.

I wanted to like the Limited's, especially because I didn't want to pay for the customized Elite but looking at them in-store compared to the Elites and other team issued jerseys I have they felt like such a step down. This probably has more to do with my size and build but even the size 40 Elite is big on me and wouldn't mind if it fit closer to a skill cut team issued size 36.

Speaking of customization. My Mahomes shipped this morning and as others have mentioned in here it is coming from Silver Crystal Sports.

I don’t understand football jerseys at all lol

it took me 2 hours to even know what authentic jersey is smh and when I saw the price

heck’s no lol

I was at the Chargers-Cowboys game at Sofi this past Sunday. All Authentics are made by team but have layered numbers instead of kiss cut. But the sleeves look tailored different than retail jerseys from fanatics/Nike:emoji_interrobang: material seems to be thicker as well.

Regardless if they release a authentic Herbert in white ima have to cop even with layered numbers. I have season tickets so I’ll get 15 percent off at least

CD4A40B3-CC00-4991-BFDE-524BC563A643.jpeg

39D98213-68F9-4E38-AA88-A534126CE510.jpeg

I was at the Chargers-Cowboys game at Sofi this past Sunday. All Authentics are made by team but have layered numbers instead of kiss cut. But the sleeves look tailored different than retail jerseys from fanatics/Nike:emoji_interrobang: material seems to be thicker as well.

Regardless if they release a authentic Herbert in white ima have to cop even with layered numbers. I have season tickets so I’ll get 15 percent off at least

Those sleeves are how the chargers jerseys are. Even the limited have that extra panel for the bolt. All blanks sold as consumer authentic are made by Nike and are the same materials.

Mahomes came in. No surprises it is incorrect but the quality is really good otherwise. As much as I like being a stickler for details I have zero clue when a road Mahomes will be available so I’ll just have to live with it.
15E604E3-0F34-493D-A6ED-E5087C8D1022.jpeg

Bad *** jerseys

On todays episode of Silver Crystal Sports is trash (company who customized fanatics Vapor Elites).

Wait 4 weeks in the mail for this ****. And it’s a present for someone too smh.

Fanatics is sending me a replacement and I get to keep this and putting mention of the issue in the notes. But good god this is crap. I’m trying to reach out to silver crystal sports directly because this is flat out unacceptable.

E11C0A14-6F23-45C9-901A-29224B2FA7A2.jpeg
425BA99D-F342-4D83-89A1-C419FABBAC49.jpeg
392B3849-7551-497F-A47A-A562D9D19471.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom