2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

I just impulsively ordered home and Road Deebo Samuel vapor elites. Fanatics gift cards from Costco along with a one time 30% off promo code I had, and a bunch of fan cash.

Knowing how the custom orders work, I likely won’t get them until late February though.

I just impulsively ordered home and Road Deebo Samuel vapor elites. Fanatics gift cards from Costco along with a one time 30% off promo code I had, and a bunch of fan cash.

Knowing how the custom orders work, I likely won’t get them until late February though.
I wanted to order a Deebo as well but a code that was valid at the time wouldn’t apply. How did you get it to work on the jersey?

Haven't had a chance to take any pictures at all but I got in a Titans Home Julio Jones Vapor Elite from the Titans Pro Shop online and sadly its going back once I call them. NFL Shield is too low and slightly crooked, one of the shoulder numbers was misaligned and the nameplate isn't even fully stitched down on the edges. That plus a size 44 is much bigger looking on me than I was expecting it to be considering a large Vapor Limited looks perfect on me and the limited and elite seem to line up identically with measurements. I'd consider giving a size 40 a chance but all the issues I had with this one makes me wonder if the same thing might happen again. So instead of being out nearly $400(Pro Shop doesn't do coupons on jerseys), I'll just return it as a defective piece. Shame that Fanatics hasn't stocked any Titans Elite jerseys in forever so I could at least use a coupon and Shoprunner free returns.

Haven't had a chance to take any pictures at all but I got in a Titans Home Julio Jones Vapor Elite from the Titans Pro Shop online and sadly its going back once I call them. NFL Shield is too low and slightly crooked, one of the shoulder numbers was misaligned and the nameplate isn't even fully stitched down on the edges. That plus a size 44 is much bigger looking on me than I was expecting it to be considering a large Vapor Limited looks perfect on me and the limited and elite seem to line up identically with measurements. I'd consider giving a size 40 a chance but all the issues I had with this one makes me wonder if the same thing might happen again. So instead of being out nearly $400(Pro Shop doesn't do coupons on jerseys), I'll just return it as a defective piece. Shame that Fanatics hasn't stocked any Titans Elite jerseys in forever so I could at least use a coupon and Shoprunner free returns.

It’s such an annoyance for as much as they charge that they half *** these jerseys like that. Silver crystal sports, the company fanatics outsources their customer orders to is absolute trash as well.

They don’t use the proper kiss cut style numbering for teams with double/triple layer stitching. In some cases they’ve messed the number colors up completely (I’ve seen Detroit lions Authentics with this issue), and I posted a pic of a Rams jersey I ordered for my brother which had the numbers on the arms peeling off because they didn’t stitch them on right. For as much as they charge. **** like that is straight unacceptable. It shouldn’t be so hard to get authentics in the first place either. If someone wants a Derrick Henry vapor elite. They shouldn’t have to go through all sorts of loops and bounds to acquire it.

It’s such an annoyance for as much as they charge that they half *** these jerseys like that. Silver crystal sports, the company fanatics outsources their customer orders to is absolute trash as well.

They don’t use the proper kiss cut style numbering for teams with double/triple layer stitching. In some cases they’ve messed the number colors up completely (I’ve seen Detroit lions Authentics with this issue), and I posted a pic of a Rams jersey I ordered for my brother which had the numbers on the arms peeling off because they didn’t stitch them on right. For as much as they charge. **** like that is straight unacceptable. It shouldn’t be so hard to get authentics in the first place either. If someone wants a Derrick Henry vapor elite. They shouldn’t have to go through all sorts of loops and bounds to acquire it.
It really is ridiculous that getting a proper Vapor Elite is seemingly impossible. Even more so for the Titans as they are currently the only team on Fanatics that does not have any listed for sale and it's been that way all season. Even the limited jerseys for them seem to be scarce. Still waiting on a Light Blue Derrick Henry to complete the trio. I've decided to stick to the Limited jerseys going forward since the fit and quality is really nice.

It really is ridiculous that getting a proper Vapor Elite is seemingly impossible. Even more so for the Titans as they are currently the only team on Fanatics that does not have any listed for sale and it's been that way all season. Even the limited jerseys for them seem to be scarce. Still waiting on a Light Blue Derrick Henry to complete the trio. I've decided to stick to the Limited jerseys going forward since the fit and quality is really nice.

I feel it. I’m lucky that the majority of my vapor elites are 49ers jerseys and it’s single layer stitching so that’s hard for them to mess up custom wise. I noticed that there isn’t anything authentic wise for the titans on there. Hopefully we get a lot of stuff stocked and more easily obtainable next season.

Something like a road white Patrick Mahomes vapor elite (guy who is a face of the league). That vapor elite should be available for purchase without having to go the custom route.

Nike needs to really get it together.

I feel it. I’m lucky that the majority of my vapor elites are 49ers jerseys and it’s single layer stitching so that’s hard for them to mess up custom wise. I noticed that there isn’t anything authentic wise for the titans on there. Hopefully we get a lot of stuff stocked and more easily obtainable next season.

Something like a road white Patrick Mahomes vapor elite (guy who is a face of the league). That vapor elite should be available for purchase without having to go the custom route.

That black 49ers with the red numbers/name is 🔥

Its honestly pathetic that this is allowed to be sent out to a customer much less at a cost of $375 after tax and shipping.

IMG_1955.jpeg IMG_1956.jpeg IMG_1958.jpeg IMG_1957.jpeg IMG_1959.jpeg IMG_1960.jpeg IMG_1962.jpeg IMG_1963.jpeg

Nike hasn't been good with their authentic jersey selections since they reacquired the NFL license in 2012.

They've had limited selections all across the board with teams, colors, and players. Like they mostly only have the default team colored jerseys along with the alternate colors, but have a very scarce selection with the white jerseys. And they don't even have authentic versions available for certain teams like you mentioned.

Other companies that had the contract to make NFL authentic jerseys in the past had pretty much all the teams and all, or most, of their colors available for retail.

Its honestly pathetic that this is allowed to be sent out to a customer much less at a cost of $375 after tax and shipping.

IMG_1955.jpeg IMG_1956.jpeg IMG_1958.jpeg IMG_1957.jpeg IMG_1959.jpeg IMG_1960.jpeg IMG_1962.jpeg IMG_1963.jpeg

That Julio Jones jersey is highly likely a customized version that the retailer you got it from had made after he joined the Titans based on the incorrect layered stitching. It would have had the correct kiss-cut stitching with the name and number if it was manufactured from a Nike factory. And the workmanship would have been neater.

I agree it's pathetic that they dumped that poor quality jersey on you at a higher price because you should expect the default specs based on the price and your expectations.

That's why anyone should only get an authentic that's made directly from Nike as long as they have the contract because you will most likely get the correct stitching and specs that way. It's a risk, and most likely dissatisfaction, if you get a customized version because they use the incorrect layered stitching on them.

The only way you can get a customized jersey with the correct stitching is if a retailer currently works with Exclusive Pro Sports. That company is quite accurate with details and specs. The Raider Image is the only retailer I know who works with Exclusive Pro Sports. It seems like most retailers work with less reputable companies who may charge cheaper for customized jerseys.

Nike hasn't been good with their authentic jersey selections since they reacquired the NFL license in 2012.

They've had limited selections all across the board with teams, colors, and players. Like they mostly only have the default team colored jerseys along with the alternate colors, but have a very scarce selection with the white jerseys. And they don't even have authentic versions available for certain teams like you mentioned.

Other companies that had the contract to make NFL authentic jerseys in the past had pretty much all the teams and all, or most, of their colors available for retail.

That Julio Jones jersey is highly likely a customized version that the retailer you got it from had made after he joined the Titans based on the incorrect layered stitching. It would have had the correct kiss-cut stitching with the name and number if it was manufactured from a Nike factory. And the workmanship would have been neater.

I agree it's pathetic that they dumped that poor quality jersey on you at a higher price because you should expect the default specs based on the price and your expectations.

That's why anyone should only get an authentic that's made directly from Nike as long as they have the contract because you will most likely get the correct stitching and specs that way. It's a risk, and most likely dissatisfaction, if you get a customized version because they use the incorrect layered stitching on them.

The only way you can get a customized jersey with the correct stitching is if a retailer currently works with Exclusive Pro Sports. That company is quite accurate with details and specs. The Raider Image is the only retailer I know who works with Exclusive Pro Sports. It seems like most retailers work with less reputable companies who may charge cheaper for customized jerseys.
The Titans Pro Shop must only stock customized versions with layered twill as this was a "stock" listing vs a custom one. At the very least now I know if Fanatics ever stocks Elite Titans jerseys to go a size down. And I'll be able to get a discount.

Last edited:
The Titans Pro Shop must only stock customized versions with layered twill as this was a "stock" listing vs a custom one. At the very least now I know if Fanatics ever stocks Elite Titans jerseys to go a size down. And I'll be able to get a discount.

That's how most of the teams' stores stock a lot of their authentic jerseys online or at their physical locations within their arenas or stadiums. The authentic jerseys of less popular players that are listed as "stock" online were most likely blanks that were sent out for customization, then sold as "stock" either online or at the physical locations once customization was completed. The more popular players that weren't manufactured directly from Nike also get customized like that Julio Jones you got.

I know because I did research by calling the Team LA store in Staples Center about a couple years ago to inquire. The lady I spoke to acknowledged that the authentic jerseys of the less popular players on the Lakers were customized, whereas the LeBron James authentic jerseys came directly from Nike.

Yeah, it's a risk to get originally customized jerseys that are listed as "stock" because they will most likely have the wrong specs based on people sharing what they got on this site.

You should be OK going with the size you normally wear with Nike authentic NFL jerseys. It was specifically the Mitchell & Ness NFL authentic jerseys that I recommended to go a size down in the other thread.

That's how most of the teams' stores stock a lot of their authentic jerseys online or at their physical locations within their arenas or stadiums. The authentic jerseys of less popular players that are listed as "stock" online were most likely blanks that were sent out for customization, then sold as "stock" either online or at the physical locations once customization was completed. The more popular players that weren't manufactured directly from Nike also get customized like that Julio Jones you got.

I know because I did research by calling the Team LA store in Staples Center about a couple years ago to inquire. The lady I spoke to acknowledged that the authentic jerseys of the less popular players on the Lakers were customized, whereas the LeBron James authentic jerseys came directly from Nike.

Yeah, it's a risk to get originally customized jerseys that are listed as "stock" because they will most likely have the wrong specs based on people sharing what they got on this site.

You should be OK going with the size you normally wear with Nike authentic NFL jerseys. It was specifically the Mitchell & Ness NFL authentic jerseys that I recommended to go a size down in the other thread.
Thanks for all the info! For some reason a 44 in the Nike Vapor Elite look like a dress on me yet the equivalent Large in a Vapor Limited looks and feels like a perfect fit despite both lining up the same dimensions wise. The struggle of not having a brick and mortar store to see everything in person first.

Unfortunately Raider Image no longer uses EPS. My custom road jersey from them last November was done by Stahl's, complete with layered numbers, the wrong shade of silver, and paper backing left on all the numbers. They did give me a $50 gift card when I complained about the customization work, which I used toward a home Jacobs authentic jersey, which was surprisingly done well. So it's possible that they only use Stahl's for one-off custom jobs, and the larger quantity premade authentics come from Nike or a better company than Stahl's.

Unfortunately Raider Image no longer uses EPS. My custom road jersey from them last November was done by Stahl's, complete with layered numbers, the wrong shade of silver, and paper backing left on all the numbers. They did give me a $50 gift card when I complained about the customization work, which I used toward a home Jacobs authentic jersey, which was surprisingly done well. So it's possible that they only use Stahl's for one-off custom jobs, and the larger quantity premade authentics come from Nike or a better company than Stahl's.

Thanks for informing me.

Believe it or not, the Raiders still wear the archaic layered stitching on field. They even have layered stitching on their black jerseys, although they're not made that way for general retail. There's black layering underneath the silver numbers on the game-worn versions. The Raider Image sell their black jerseys that way, emulating the on-field versions. Someone previously posted an authentic Josh Jacobs in that version with the inaugural season in Vegas patch on it on here. So I knew it was customized by Exclusive Pro Sports.

I also emailed Exclusive Pro to get verification, and they verified they work with The Raider Image. But who knows now since that was a long time ago when I inquired?

Those are some interesting theories there because I never got anything from The Raider Image. I know about them because they used to have stores in malls around the L.A. area in the 2000s. The only one in L.A. now is at Universal CityWalk.

I got an authentic Derek Carr black jersey in late 2017 from one of the Fanatics sites, and it only has the single layer silver number. It was a mass produced one. The mass produced jerseys will always have the single layer numbers if you get one from most retailers.

Finally got the correct Warner Niners jersey. I know silver creek is not the best with quality control but their customization is still better than stahls. They don’t double layer, have white backing on the inside and twill doesn’t bubble

Attachments

• 57F61977-2C74-4D29-8323-25FAD91E2900.jpeg
    57F61977-2C74-4D29-8323-25FAD91E2900.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 6938F0D2-92CF-444D-B47A-F64DA69BA5CD.jpeg
    6938F0D2-92CF-444D-B47A-F64DA69BA5CD.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 06FE9632-9465-4E33-BB34-210264739291.jpeg
    06FE9632-9465-4E33-BB34-210264739291.jpeg
    509.6 KB · Views: 173
Got this Tyrann Mathieu jersey a few years ago. Don’t want to go custom route to get an elite jersey with layered numbers. Keep looking for his game issued jerseys but it seems not easy to find. D9D81B6B-9A95-466C-B0F5-8F210BE34F56.jpeg E18474C9-7D4C-4EC3-B83B-FC88DBD8BD33.jpeg
GI/GU is the route to go if you want quality. Made in USA and the quality btw these and retailed versions are night and day.

Yes. GU/GI jerseys are really nice. Tyrann Mathieu GU jerseys cost a lot more, so I think GI is the best option for me. One problem is that GI is not easy to find. I’ve been looking for more Mathieu GI jerseys but no luck.
GI/GU is the route to go if you want quality. Made in USA and the quality btw these and retailed versions are night and day.

Back
Top Bottom