2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

I stopped at the NFL pop up shop in NY last Friday, people loving the Seahawks uni's.

Gunna be at the Nikestore in LV for the launch day.  Can't wait!
happy.gif
pimp.gif

My friend won the Falcons jersey after I luckily guessed the clue right and had him post up at Rock Center - unfortunately I had a doctor's appointment or else I would've had it!

I'll post any cool pics I get from the event.

So I lucked out and won the Chiefs jersey today, the whole thing was pretty awesome.  The box that this thing comes in is HUGE.  But it's super nice, pics below for those who care:

d4b369e3695423bbb095f53000128105c6cbfa4e_r.jpg

e4536deb6ae12facbfeafef903588f27d7403ccb_r.jpg
2ef360c06887225fb075f1170a6a8edc7b7d211b_r.jpg
ecf2649684228bddf6d0fc89aa4ce8828bb397ab_r.jpg

Jayli: NICE!! I'm jealous lol 

Were you able to get another shirt? 

Is it even possible to take the jersey out from the case?

I sent you a DM about the shirt.

If you really want to, you can disassemble the case and take the jersey out, but I'm not inclined to do that.  The thing probably weighs about 20 lbs, and the pictures do not do the size of the box justice.  It takes up half my coffee table, and I don't know where the hell I'm gonna put it!  Kinda funny they're only doing this in NYC when we have the least space to actually display something like this.

Originally Posted by FsuNol8

Very nice Jayli!  Is the jersey an Elite 51 cut or a retail Elite?

according to nike football twitter its an elite 51 dwayne bowe jersey! 

Thanks!  It's an Elite 51, although I don't know if it is game cut or one of the loose sleeve retail ones.  But the guy emphasized a few times that it's the on-field jersey, and is one of a kind, except for what he'll wear on gamedays.

^ so how does this whole chase work? You figure out the question posted on twitter of each team, head to the location and someone from NIKE is waiting there with the jersey? Seems pretty cool, I think I wanna join in.

Originally Posted by jayli

So I lucked out and won the Chiefs jersey today, the whole thing was pretty awesome.  The box that this thing comes in is HUGE.  But it's super nice, pics below for those who care:

d4b369e3695423bbb095f53000128105c6cbfa4e_r.jpg

e4536deb6ae12facbfeafef903588f27d7403ccb_r.jpg
2ef360c06887225fb075f1170a6a8edc7b7d211b_r.jpg
ecf2649684228bddf6d0fc89aa4ce8828bb397ab_r.jpg
You and your boy both made it onto the Nike Football Facebook page.  Congrats on the pick-up.
17616c61e32417573c745568fb667a8f40e0648a_r.jpg

8cf267762eede2b515552231b51ea3b6750a34ef_r.jpg

Originally Posted by Lou39

^ so how does this whole chase work? You figure out the question posted on twitter of each team, head to the location and someone from NIKE is waiting there with the jersey? Seems pretty cool, I think I wanna join in.

Yup - There's only 2 days left, but the clues are released on @NikeNYC twitter account @ 6pm and then you've gotta get to the location first.  There's a black stand that the jersey is sitting on, as well as a couple of big dudes in suits around it and then a few other Nike folks.  You've gotta get to the location pretty fast though, I showed up once within 5 minutes and got 2nd.  

Also, I just saw this on their twitter feed:  Winners of the Chase get jerseys that the players wear on the field which are unavailable for purchase.

That was in response to a question about if these were game-cut Elite or the retail Elite, so I guess that would mean game-cut, which is awesome!

Jayli i saw u win on twitter last night, congrats my dude! waiting for them to put the panthers jersey out
nerd.gif

Quick Game jersey impressions
  • slightly heavier than reebok's replicas
  • narrower in the shoulder, although seems to fall the same way throughout the torso
  • numbers and letters are printed thicker.. more reminiscent of older (think 80's) authentics
  • jersey is made of thicker material overall
DEFINITELY better than reebok's replicas, so I'd say the price increase is somewhat justifiable. 

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

^ I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic...at least I hope.
Sarcasm, some people get it, some people dont
laugh.gif

But
laugh.gif
 nonetheless for taking it seriously and actually doing the math

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

• narrower in the shoulder, although seems to fall the same way throughout the torso
  • numbers and letters are printed thicker.. more reminiscent of older (think 80's) authentics
DEFINITELY better than reebok's replicas, so I'd say the price increase is somewhat justifiable. 
hmm.........thanks for the review....love some pics though
i need some pics of the elites 

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

hmm.........thanks for the review....love some pics though
i need some pics of the elites 

I'll post comparison pics as soon as I can.. probably Friday.

Ha - the guy is even smiling in the Nike one but not the Reebok one.  Reminds me of those weight loss before and after pics.

Back
Top Bottom