2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

Me rocking an elite size 40. Jerseys look good over a hoodie. Elastic sleeves don’t make me look weird and love the bigger nameplate
0F35E807-8711-4020-BC42-C312207B9384.jpeg

Raiderimage.com is have a pre Black Friday sale right where everything is 30% off with the code BF17. I just picked up a Mack Vapor Elite for about $248.00.

Dang. Looks like they updated the NFL site from automatic discount to code entry. lol Didn't want anything that was available last night anyway, I guess. lol

Should hopefully be done for the year. The Steelers team store had a predone jc30 color rush limited so I picked it up.

Attachments

• IMG_3191.JPG
    IMG_3191.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3192.JPG
    IMG_3192.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 12
I finally saw an Elite Vapor Untouchable, a black Derek Carr to be specific, at The Raider Image on Universal City Walk on Saturday evening and it's better than the previous Elite authentic jerseys. I liked the sleeves with the banded elastic similar to how the players wear them. I also liked the shorter cut of the sleeves as opposed to the longer cut and wide open sleeves of the previous authentic Elite. I just liked the tighter and shorter fit of the sleeves overall.

Anyone familiar with authentic Raiders jerseys? Is there black layering underneath the traditional silver numbers on the jerseys the players wear now? The black Raiders jerseys historically have only silver numbers without a black colored layer underneath. I swear last season I saw the on-field black Raiders jerseys have black layering underneath the silver numbers on TV and photos. But the retail version had just the silver numbers without the black layering underneath. So what's accurate?

Someone please elaborate for me.

Good question. You're right. They did switch last year to two-layer lettering but I assumed they must've just gone back to one layer this year.

I finally saw an Elite Vapor Untouchable, a black Derek Carr to be specific, at The Raider Image on Universal City Walk on Saturday evening and it's better than the previous Elite authentic jerseys. I liked the sleeves with the banded elastic similar to how the players wear them. I also liked the shorter cut of the sleeves as opposed to the longer cut and wide open sleeves of the previous authentic Elite. I just liked the tighter and shorter fit of the sleeves overall.

Anyone familiar with authentic Raiders jerseys? Is there black layering underneath the traditional silver numbers on the jerseys the players wear now? The black Raiders jerseys historically have only silver numbers without a black colored layer underneath. I swear last season I saw the on-field black Raiders jerseys have black layering underneath the silver numbers on TV and photos. But the retail version had just the silver numbers without the black layering underneath. So what's accurate?

Someone please elaborate for me.

I believe someone explained in here that the black lettering is only on the game issued jerseys for durability. You won’t see them on retail elites.

Thanks you 2 gentlemen for trying to theorize for me. I'm contemplating getting a black Carr Vapor Untouchable jersey. I know I obviously won't get the same size and cut as Carr's jersey as it's tailored for his size and body but at least I would want the stitching details to be accurate.

And does anyone think the current authentic Nike NFL jerseys' font sizes of the letters and numbers accurate? Or are they inaccurate like how Reebok was notoriously terrible?

The current font sizes are accurate, IF they are pre-made and customized Directly from Nike. If it's customized by a third party it's a coin toss. And I'm not even sure if Nike "personalized" vapor elites are accurate. I'm waiting to see someone order so I can place one for the Vikings, too.

The current font sizes are accurate, IF they are pre-made and customized Directly from Nike. If it's customized by a third party it's a coin toss. And I'm not even sure if Nike "personalized" vapor elites are accurate. I'm waiting to see someone order so I can place one for the Vikings, too.

Thanks for clarifying. At least that means Nike has the accurate template for the font sizes. If any authentic jersey is customized by Exclusive Pro Sports, they're quite accurate with font sizes and details including edges. They're the ideal 3rd party.

And I just researched photos of Derek Carr online for this season and unfortunately the game jerseys are the 2-layer numbering. I can't believe they went away from the single layer silver numbers that were worn for decades. That's basically a deal breaker for me now.

And does anyone think the current authentic Nike NFL jerseys' font sizes of the letters and numbers accurate? Or are they inaccurate like how Reebok was notoriously terrible?

Can I add to this by saying that different teams have different fonts and font sizing. I say this because I just sold a 49ers Vapor Elite jersey on ebay (was too big for me) and before I sold it an ebay member messaged me saying the nfl shop did a bad job on the name to which i replied it was the 49ers who have a smaller font. You can see it in this pic:

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/license/874696342

The custom elite 49ers jersey I got was really nice. Liked the material and fit of the Vapor. Annoyingly I want to rebuy it in my correct size but for some reason the 49ers Vapor elite has been out of stock for the last month.

Back
Top Bottom