2017 Non-NBA Summer Basketball Official Thread (Goodman, Drew, etc...)

Damn! Me and my boys planning on going Sunday too. :wow: :wow:

Gotta be up there MAD early now. :lol:

Man I'm sayin! 12:15pm game means the line will be formed at least by 9am smh!

Idk if I feel like dealing with all that this weekend.

Security was saying last Sunday that folks were camped out as early as 7am that morning.

You think launfd will beat money gang?

Honestly, it really depends on who's showing up for either team. Tough to beat a KD/Harden led team even if you got Paul George on the other.

Will be REAL interesting to see this game though.

Think the article got it wrong. Harden has been playing on game's Moneygang's team the whole time with Demar.

Recap of my Sunday at the Drew... Get to the Drew about 9:15am. Line is already hitting Compton Ave... easily 100 deep. In line about 10 minutes before they start letting cats in. I thought we weren't gonna make it in, but we get halfway up the bleachers and i'm at Midcourt. Great seats.

- Game 1... NOTHING to report. :lol: ... Highlight of that game for me is chopping it up with the homie Tim Austin and seeing Casper Jr. and Sr... Cas Sr. is OG Drew League. Groomed his son real well.

- Game 2... Slight buzz as JaVale McGee shows up late... Airballs Freethrow, crowd laughs, does 10 pushups... Blocks a couple of shots, couple of dunks here and there. Highlight of the game is former USC F Davon Jefferson putting some dude on a poster. Crowd goes NUTS.

MC announces "possible" lineup for the Money Gang vs. LAUNFD game following the current game. Now the gym is in a real buzz. Goes from quiet to convos between all parties in the gym. You know it's bout to go down.

Slowly but surely, they all start showing up. Game arrives first. Thick Gold around his neck... Crowd starts really talking then everyone's on their feet. KD is in the building. StackJack and Shannon Brown appear real lowkey. Then Metta World Peace walks in literally as they're getting people off the floor to start the game. Crowd goes Nuts for MWP.

- Game 3... KD, Marcus Williams, former CSUF PG, former Clipper and reigning Drew League MVP Bobby Brown, Baron Davis (hardly played though) vs. The Game, Demar Derozan, StackJack, Metta, Shannon Brown. This dude Game puts up 50K on the game vs. BD and recruits an NBA starting 5. :lol: ... btw, marjority of the players are rockin KD Vi's.

Not even 2 minutes into the game... MWP is in the paint pump faking and drawing an And1 as he's getting clobbered by some dude... MWP takes the ball and chucks it at him. :lol: Tech. :rofl: ... The game is back and forth till the very end, just when MG thinks they're pulling away LAUNFD storms back. KD actually gets a look at a game winner, but misses. Game was real dope and can't knock it at all for free.

Great to see KD live and up close. Dude put up 35 and 17 like it was NOTHING. I mean, effortless. Dude is just too tall and arms are too long for you to contest him. It was great watching him go to work.

Brown had 30. MWP had 29 and 13. Derozan put up 27 and 11.

The Game is that dude who's running in the layup drills, grabs the rebound and passes it to his teammate... goes to the back of the line, but quickly cuts to the front of the line so he can go. :lol: Layups ALL day. He must've put up 10 3pt attempts, made NONE. He got that Shawn Marion form down PAT though. smh :lol:

On to the pics...

Drew League signage... you can see the folks below. Already standing room only where the players enter.
View media item 516344
JaVale alley oop off the backboard.
View media item 516353
JaVale hangin...
View media item 516346
KD walking toward the LAUNFD bench
View media item 516343
Clipper Darrell choppin it up w/ the referees
View media item 516355
Demar, Shannon and StackJack
View media item 516354
Game (out there in KD VI's and LBJ X's) :lol: and Metta
View media item 516351
MWP is swole in person. No one at the Drew keeping him off the block.
View media item 516352
KD bout to go to work.
View media item 516347
BossCloss :rofl:
View media item 516348
KD jumper.
View media item 516349
StackJack yappin with the LAUNFD coaches towards the end of the game. :nthat:
View media item 516345

Back
Top Bottom