2017 YANKEES OFFSEASON THREAD Vol. Gary El Jefe

Lol at you guys thinking you were gonna get la potencia. Cespedes wasn't leaving a World Series contender to play for a rebuilding team that will finish at best in third.

I mean the Mets had 3 more wins and we gutted our team.

Cespedes & Beltran to replace Teix, Gardner & McCann
Chapman to replace himself
And trade some mid talent prospects for a Number 3 starter

And we're back in the playoffs with a good shot at the Division.

Last edited:
We had three more wins because of 4 starters and the majority of the lineup being on the DL.

Yankees are three years away from contending.

Last edited:
What kind of deal is Beltran looking for? 1 yr I hope?!

And tbh i dont want him back. Let these young dudes play if you dont want to spend any money.

Lol at you guys thinking you were gonna get la potencia. Cespedes wasn't leaving a World Series contender to play for a rebuilding team that will finish at best in third.

You coming in here posting that confirms you were shook of him coming here :lol:

I say by 2018 we'll be ready to make real noise. Not 2019, too far away.

They could have fast tracked it, and given the young guys valuable playoff experience without hurting our farm system

But alas, we'll likely stay in it until the All Star Break, and then start to play like crap, and be eliminated with a couple of weeks left

Last edited:
Padres non-tendered Tyson Ross, making him a free agent

Would y'all take a chance on him?

Padres non-tendered Tyson Ross, making him a free agent

Would y'all take a chance on him?

As a Spot Starter, sure. But not sure where else you can put him. He also is up in the air for the start of the season due to shoulder surgery.

Tanaka, CC are definites in the rotation.

Pineda & Severino deserve the chance for a full year in the rotation.

Throw in Rich Hill :smh:

He doesn't really get much rotation time. Barring Injuries of course.

I hear the Sale asking price is really high. I'd like to see a run at Archer. Because at the end of the day we BADLY need a front end rotation guy.

If he's a cheap spot starter, sure why not. But with Rich Hill (reality), chasing a trade for a Front End (fantasy) he doesn't have a rotation spot

Get Archer AND Longoria

Was thinking the same thing when TB made them both available

Highly doubt they trade Longoria.. So hard for a team that barely draws fans to trade THAT guy

But

Mateo (SS/OF), Rutherford (OF), Kaprielian (SP), Wilkerman Garcia (SS), Dustin Fowler (OF), Ian Clarkin (Lefty SP), Robbie Refsnyder

That would be 6 of our top 15 if you counted Robbie & 7 of the top 20 with Clarkin

for

Archer

(They could have Gardner & PIneda if they'd like as well)

Tanaka
Archer
CC
Pineda
Severino

is a great Start.

Pineda is likely gone after the year. We'll be able to re-sign CC for half the money. Severino could be moved to the bullpen. And on the look out for a 3rd Front End Starter / Ace

Last edited:
That's a good package for Archer but would they trade him to another team in the division?

That's a good package for Archer but would they trade him to another team in the division?

Who knows. We shouldn't sit on all these prospects though. Eventually you have to make that splash for a name. This might be the best time. When we have this aura about our Farm System, we're flexible, and we have the need.

And it isn't like we wouldn't still have Sanchez, Torres, Fraizer, Judge, Bird, Sheffield, Andujar, Acevado, Abreu & Tate All 50+ in the 20-80 rating

We could even add one of Acevado, Abreu & Tate... And still be fine with what we have in SP going forward 7-8 years.

Sale is out though.

They'd likely ask for Torres & Fraizer as part of a larger package... They can have neither.

Last edited:
Beltran to the Astros.

We're going to sign Mike Napoli and be told how good that is.

Chris Carter might not be a bad option

Rich Hill nearing a 3/$40M deal with LA, Heyman says we're out of the running :smokin

From here out....

1. Offer 4 year / $90mil on Encarnacion
2. Offer 4 year / $75mil or 5 year / $85mil on Chapman
3. Take a plunge into the trade market for Sale, Archer, Sonny Gray & Alex Cobb.

OF has a few connected things
1. Not much interest in Gardner, but I'm sure because we have a high asking price. Lower it, ask for a PTBNL and a cheap bench player and be done with it.
Love Gardner's hustle, BUT he's not a long term guy, and with Ellsbury still around and not going anywhere, it makes it even more likely that he cannot stay long term.
2. Justin Wilson (Our favorite Fat LOOGY) is up for grabs from the Tigers. Not a bad trade for a mid tier prospect (Would make our Bullpen; Shreve, Wilson, Warren, Clippard, Betances & hopefully Chapman)
3. With Wilson on the market, we could make a nice package return WITH J.D. Martinez to replace Gardner, and slide into 5th in the order.

Then allows us some flexibility
CC, A-Rod, J.D., Clippard & Pineda all coming off the books

Or we could go in a weird direction
1. Let the Blue Jays re-sign Encarnacion.. Move in to steal Bautista at DH 3 year / $51mil with Opt Outs for Jose to take if he wants (MLB Trade Rumors projected salary)
2. Trade Gardner. Look to get Wilson & J.D. Martinez.
3. Go after Chapman
4. Look at Starting Pitching Trade Market

Ellsbury - Didi - Sanchez - Bautista - JD Martinez - Castro - Bird - Headley - Judge

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom