2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

Posted this in the Eagles thread: Y’all trading Lee because he’s never played the MIKE in a 4-3 in the NFL. 11 slots from #57 to #68 is pretty significant that high in the draft. But we would hold a fifth-year option on Lee’s rookie deal if he pans out in Philly.

i know we like fort, the guy we signed from the steelers.. bradham will be the MIKE, a role he excelled in.. we dont play a ton of base.. and i know they like kamu and gerry as speed/cover guys (like fort)

we got our LBs for cheap and that 5th year will be over 9 mill.. so i mean i dont know anywhere near enough about to say we'd take a flyer to take a look.. but if we are, it gotta be as a MIKE backup/option

tenor.gif

Cousins will be gone after the 2020 season if he fails...Diggs and Thielen will surely entice the next overvalued QB free agent to come to Minnesota. :smokin

Forever in search of the next Brett Favre. So be it.

Keenum was great in that one season and in that role, which will most likely end up being his most efficient season of his career. I'm fine with that as well.

Cousins will be gone after the 2020 season if he fails...Diggs and Thielen will surely entice the next overvalued QB free agent to come to Minnesota. :smokin

Forever in search of the next Brett Favre. So be it.

You think they'll really cut bait after 2020? Year 3. I suppose you're right.

assume he means Keenum

and yeah...Jackson still gotta show me something. he did well for a rookie...gotta see him build

Yea.. he sits and learns and Keenum starts and then you got Jackson locked on a rookie deal for 5 years

Both combined make less than cousins

Keenum was great in that one season and in that role, which will most likely end up being his most efficient season of his career. I'm fine with that as well.

IF Washington is trading for Rosen, Arizona should ask for dude

Let Murray sit and not get killed behind that line

Not to mention Zimmer and Spielman have contracts that end after the 2020 season and their defense is aging a bit. This is a two-year window...If Cousins fails, they all fail and they'll be re-tooling after 2020.

Howie's pretty good at this...creative.

I got zero clue how dude does it

But dude is a damn magician when it comes to the cap

And I don't even think it's to necessarily sign anyone, but to artificially increase the cap for next year

IF Washington is trading for Rosen, Arizona should ask for dude

Let Murray sit and not get killed behind that line

Keenum is the perfect journeyman/stopgap QB, a la Fitzpatrick, but with a less boom or bust style. He can make a career out of going from one city to the next, which is pretty cool honestly.

I got zero clue how dude does it

But dude is a damn magician when it comes to the cap

And I don't even think it's to necessarily sign anyone, but to artificially increase the cap for next year

When you find out what and how he does, it seems obvious after the fact, but you don't see it going on with a lot of GM's, so it's obviously not easy. But, that's the mark of a great...making difficult things look easy.

Back
Top Bottom