2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

What's the tag cap hit for QB's?

That would def make sense on your guys end since he never came off as the type who'd play hardball and sit out but the whole 'deadline' stuff coming from his agent already seems out of character so who knows

How they allowed his deal to wind down like this though is crazy to me,you rarely ever see that with top 5-10 QB's
Somewhere in the 30-31 ballpark I believe for the first year.

I don't think this is all on Seattle though, not with this random deadline and if true to cease all negotiations for all eternity after.

It is what it is at this point doe

I know teams GM's and owners think every player is expendable.

But if Seattle refuse to give Russ what he wants, I can't respect this league bruh.

ED845C25-551B-4D5F-BD2C-355E6732AAC4.png

A few other things, counter to the current rumor mill. I do not believe Wilson is pushing for a trade right now, to the Giants, or anywhere. I believe he wants to work out a deal with Seattle. I believe Wilson wants to know where he stands with the Seahawks long-term, which is one of the reasons why he is pushing hard for a deal to be done now. I believe if the Seahawks do not do a deal by midnight tonight, it doesn’t meant they don’t want Wilson to be their quarterback for the next decade—it just means they’re not willing to set a contractual precedent like tying his contract to how fast, and how high, the cap rises over the life of the deal.

Pretty reasonable take.

Don't see percentage cap idea happening, and I'm not sure what other GM would do it either
9zy7x0.jpg

Something gotta give. Either pay him and build around Russ or trade him. Tagging him at 30+ Million then having the tag reach value of over 50M by yr 2- it makes no sense honestly. Rest of the roster will be in shambles and all you'll have to show for it will be a late round comp pick when he walks.

It just make sense. They got rid of the LOB to make Russ the team leader and empower him. He's doing everything you want a franchise QB to do. They have no run game, no Oline, no #1 WR and still made the playoffs. He's carrying the team but you don't want to pay him?

It just make sense. They got rid of the LOB to make Russ the team leader and empower him. He's doing everything you want a franchise QB to do. They have no run game, no Oline, no #1 WR and still made the playoffs. He's carrying the team but you don't want to pay him?

I believe they want to pay him (in the conventional way) I think the contract based off cap percentage is the hang up. It's never been done before

^^^
Thing is they actually had a run game last season, but you’re right about the O-Line and lack of #1 option.

Russ has carried the team, that’s obvious, but what he and his agent are allegedly demanding is unheard of. He’s meant a lot to the team but don’t act like he was the primary reason Seattle had those consecutive SB runs...

107m guaranteed?!? :wow::wow:

Highest paid player in history,biggest signing bonus and most guaranteed money ever...Russ and his agent won bigly :pimp:

Giants fans gonna need to move on to another pipe dream

I got worried about all that smoke that it would be Porzingis 2.0. Happy Seattle can keep a superstar athlete for once.

Back
Top Bottom