2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

The Bears had time to get even closer too.

Yeah I would have went for a quick 7-8 yard out route down the sideline, you just risk the chance of the DB making a great tackle and keeping the WR in bounds.

I'm still confused AF by the Anthony Miller ruling tbfh

The Bears had time to get even closer too.

Yup.. to me that was the biggest thing.. they settled for a 43 yarder from a guy with his history

We got lucky our 1 real year we needed him.. but dolphins fans warned us

Yup.. to me that was the biggest thing.. they settled for a 43 yarder from a guy with his history

We got lucky our 1 real year we needed him.. but dolphins fans warned us

Same thing happened week 6 vs Dolphins this year.

Nagy settled for a 51 yarder with him, and he missed it.

**** it.
We'll see y'all next season in Philly during the regular season, I def see that being a primetime game now IATT IATT

We gotta run it back next year.

Lol. If he's not in Arizona yet it's because New York is talking contract possibilities. He told USC he had an early morning flight out to AZ. That said, don't believe a word Mike Florio says.

#sillyseason

There’s some nice stuff to hear about LaFluer but of course as a packers fan I’m only going to want to hear nice things to rationalize it as a good hire. Fact of the matter is no one knows.

It’s interesting that when we hired McCarthy he was 43, was also only an OC for 1 year with the Niners, and had a 30th ranked offense in that 1 year. Goes on to be one of the best HC in the league for years. Goes to show how different of a lens the front office is looking through compared to a fans.

There’s some nice stuff to hear about LaFluer but of course as a packers fan I’m only going to want to hear nice things to rationalize it as a good hire. Fact of the matter is no one knows.

It’s interesting that when we hired McCarthy he was 43, was also only an OC for 1 year with the Niners, and had a 30th ranked offense in that 1 year. Goes on to be one of the best HC in the league for years. Goes to show how different of a lens the front office is looking through compared to a fans.

giphy.gif

"one of the best" makes sense considering the overall talent pool of coaches

Instead of explaining why he was absolutely one of the best coaches in the league I’d love to hear how he wasn’t. Y’all having short memory with that recency bias.

Instead of explaining why he was absolutely one of the best coaches in the league I’d love to hear how he wasn’t. Y’all having short memory with that recency bias.

Packers offensive and defensive finishes for the last 5 years.

2018 – 22nd in the NFL in Points allowed per game, 14th in points scored per game

2017 – 26th in the NFL in Points allowed per game, 21st in points scored per game

2016 – 21st in the NFL in Points allowed per game, 4th in points scored per game

2015 – 12th in the NFL in Points allowed per game, 15th in points scored per game

2014 – 13th in the NFL in Points allowed per game, 1st in points scored per game

2013 – 24th in the NFL in Points allowed per game, 8th in points scored per game

From 2013-2018 McCarthy is 5-11-1 without Rodgers (I didnt feel like going back further)

Considering he had what many call the best QB ever during this time, I'm extremely unimpressed.

Last edited:
Wait. I said “was” though. He’s been here a long time. You’re using his last few years instead of his first 8 which were his best years. The years I’m obviously talking about when I say “was”. The first thing he did was revive Favre’s career and had a NFCCG appearance. Then developed Rodgers, you’re kidding yourself if you think Rodgers became who he is all by himself. Remember McCarthy even got Matt Flynn paid. McCarthy and the Packers won ALOT. At one point they won 20 friggin games in a row.

My question to you is relative to the league how many coaches have had more success the mike McCarthy.

Wait. I said “was” though. He’s been here a long time. You’re using his last few years instead of his first 8 which were his best years. The years I’m obviously talking about when I say “was”. The first thing he did was revive Favre’s career and had a NFCCG appearance. Then developed Rodgers, you’re kidding yourself if you think Rodgers became who he is all by himself. Remember McCarthy even got Matt Flynn paid. McCarthy and the Packers won ALOT. At one point they won 20 friggin games in a row.

My question to you is relative to the league how many coaches have had more success the mike McCarthy.

Recently? A lot. 5 years is a long time in the NFL. At this point we should just start calling Jon Gruden a great coach if we are going to talk about accomplishments a decade ago.

Dude's play calling has been god awful and remedial, he refuses to take any risks at all, refuses to play the better players in many cases, and appears to have an old school mentality that has since passed him by.

Recently? A lot. 5 years is a long time in the NFL. At this point we should just start calling Jon Gruden a great coach if we are going to talk about accomplishments a decade ago.

Dude's play calling has been god awful and remedial, he refuses to take any risks at all, refuses to play the better players in many cases, and appears to have an old school mentality that has since passed him by.

Dude no, not recently lol. I’m not saying he is a good coach. I’m saying he was a good coach. My initial post is about when he was hired. And the 8 years that followed, which like you said is a long time. The game for sure seemed to pass him by these past few years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom