2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

Simmons especially has been a huge disappointment this far.

Polish Hammer would be a great backup.

While I know he was only a fill in to go with that 1st and 2nd, would've rather just gambled with Fultz and signed Brewer for the rest of the season. J Simmons drags us down when he's on the floor

Think Monroe is out there too iirc.

While I know he was only a fill in to go with that 1st and 2nd, would've rather just gambled with Fultz and signed Brewer for the rest of the season. J Simmons drags us down when he's on the floor

Think Monroe is out there too iirc.

Jonathan Simmons has been bad but we also got the Thunder’s first rounder out of that deal and it saved us $9 mill in cap space for this summer.

Apparently the Magic offered us either Terrance Ross straight up or Simmons plus the first rounder. Sucks we could have had Ross who’d REALLY help us so much right now but I see where they were coming from with the potential Simmons had shown, his familiarity with Brett and getting the first rounder.

Last edited:
If we win tonight, we will be tied for 3rd. Let's get it!

I will be HIGHLY surprised if we finally beat these mother****ers and it’s while playing Amir, Patton and Bolden at center against Adams and Noel.

I have a weird feeling we get the W this time around lol but even if we lose the next 2 (OKC-GS), we have Orl-Chi and then Indy. So we can still catch em for 3rd

We will jump ahead of Indiana within a week or two. They got a brutal 12 game stretch ahead and have only beaten like one team above .500 since Oladipo went down.

I think jimmy can be a little more aggressive, but I like how he has adopted the mentality of trying to find the open guy. BUT he cannot pass up layup opportunities when there is only a guard there. Too many times dude is passing it back out when there’s no reason to. Part of that I think is him just predetermining that he’s going to pass. Overall he’s playing better than people give him credit for, and it seems like he’s genuinely all about winning.

Glue guy Jimmy was hella passive early on but I understand wanting to get the other guys (primarily Bolden/Scott) going early on so he can close later on. Speaking of Bolden, he gets the rookie treatment on fouls A LOT, once the refs give him some respect, he's a keeper

Jimmy seemed a lot more dialed in during the 4th. Had some ISO’s and was looking for his shot. I don’t mind glue guy jimmy but he can’t be passing up these layups. Just read an article on the athletic that keyed in on numerous scenarios where he had the angle to just finish strong and he passed it up.

Jimmy seemed a lot more dialed in during the 4th. Had some ISO’s and was looking for his shot. I don’t mind glue guy jimmy but he can’t be passing up these layups. Just read an article on the athletic that keyed in on numerous scenarios where he had the angle to just finish strong and he passed it up.

I dead *** think it’s because his lift in his legs is shot so he’s scared to get blocked at the rim. It’s in his head.

Im really liking mike scott. He been hitting some clutch *** shots

It was 103-100 alil less than 1min left. Dude hits a clutch 3 to put us up 6

Bens offensive rebound was big time

Also i personally think jimmy loves it here

Speaking of Bolden, he gets the rookie treatment on fouls A LOT, once the refs give him some respect, he's a keeper

Which is why I don't understand Brown not playing him at all when Embiid and Boban are healthy. He and Boban should split minutes depending on the matchup.

I thought this was interesting and agree with a lot of what this post says:

I'm diving in to a Sixers rabbit hole this morning :lol:

Even though we are playing well, we are still not having these convincing wins against tough teams. And a big part of it is execution. check this out:

We will continue to develop chemistry to execute better.

That was a huuuge shot.

We needed an irrationally confident YOLO type of dude like Mike Scott :lol: I feel like every championship team has at least one dude like that

Unfortunately I think this will always be a turnover prone team due to the fact that BB preaches ball movement and you have the ball in the hands of a lot of guys who ain’t use to making quick decisions with the ball. Add that to the fact that Ben is going to have his TOs and embiid is still improving on passing out the double team, TOs are gonna happen. They just gotta hopefully when the turnover differential and points off TO battle

I love what Mike Scott brings to the team, he shoots the 3 well, has some grit, is willing to play the 5 in small ball lineups, and appears to be a good teammate. I think it was against the Blazers were somebody was popping off to Ben and Mike stepped right in.

Bolden only played 20 minutes last night :smh:, no reason for that with Amir being the back up. We had way too much of Amir on the floor.

One thing i noticed is if we have the mis match we rarely ever go at it down low. We tend to fade away from them

Simmons had tons last night but just stood there

Back
Top Bottom