2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

trade iggy for butler and harris. blow it up. sixer aint winning no more

Wouldn't really be surprised if Brett's gone.

But I think Brand needs to held more accountable.

If we had a more competent backup C & PG(Dedmon & Pat Beverly couldn't have been THAT farfetched.) that series would've been over in 5

And we've honestly gotten more out of Mike Scott in that Clippers trade than anyone else.

Would not give Harris anything close to a max.

I don’t think Brett should be fired, he out coached Nurse for most of that series, but I just feel like ownership will. Honestly don’t know who I’d rather have coach this team next year.

Also Tobias is definitely not a max player but I would still bring him back. Not really any better options.

After watching that video up there ^ it feels like it’s been such a long time since he’s actually shot a jumper with his left. Seems like he’s been using his right hand a lot more

After processing the loss a bit.. I’m really not that upset. The offense could have been better down the stretch, but it is what it is.
When you lose on a shot like that, it was meant to be.

Ben needs to work on a jumper this summer. If he doesn’t come back shooting the ball, we’ll know he doesn’t take his career seriously. Both Ben & Embiid need to sharpen their basketball IQ. Tired of the same dumb mistakes. At this point they have enough games under their belt to not get a pass anymore.

Yea I'm over it now. I'm fully expecting JoJo to lose weight and be in better shape. Pessimistic about Ben getting a 10-15 jump shot but time will tell. Hopefully Jimmy/Tobias stay. If not, use that cap space to get better depth

One of my favorite things to come out of this season was Jimmy taking Ben under his wing and becoming an elite defender. Loved what I saw from Ben on that side of the floor this year :pimp: :pimp:

Brown has done a good job in this postseason and outcoached Nurse to my surprise.

However, it was incredibly frustrating to see two or three out of timeout plays lead to an Embiid 3. Were they trying to cater to Ben?

Also, it seems like every time we fill holes, new ones come up.
  • Embiid needs to lose weight and get to the post more
  • Brand needs to find a backup for Embiid or play Bolden more at C (with the hope of him improving next year)
  • Ben is not a PG. We need a PG.
  • Ben needs a jump shot.
  • Harris is not a max player, but I would like to keep him
  • Butler, I would like to keep as well, but I fear a Chris Paul contract situation
  • We need to find a good assistant coach now that Monty is gone. Maybe Thibs?
Also, I do not remember a game where Ben and Embiid both had great games together, it's usually one at the expense of the other. that's having me worried, there's a lot of question marks looming around that, our coach and our free agents.

Brown has done a good job in this postseason and outcoached Nurse to my surprise.

However, it was incredibly frustrating to see two or three out of timeout plays lead to an Embiid 3. Were they trying to cater to Ben?

Also, it seems like every time we fill holes, new ones come up.
  • Embiid needs to lose weight and get to the post more
  • Brand needs to find a backup for Embiid or play Bolden more at C (with the hope of him improving next year)
  • Ben is not a PG. We need a PG.
  • Ben needs a jump shot.
  • Harris is not a max player, but I would like to keep him
  • Butler, I would like to keep as well, but I fear a Chris Paul contract situation
  • We need to find a good assistant coach now that Monty is gone. Maybe Thibs?
Also, I do not remember a game where Ben and Embiid both had great games together, it's usually one at the expense of the other. that's having me worried, there's a lot of question marks looming around that, our coach and our free agents.

I’m pretty sure we beat the Warriors this season when Joel and Ben both had over 25 points.

I personally don't think that matters. If it were up to the players, Giannis would have still kept Kidd as the head coach.

It’s not the only reason but your 2 cornerstones opinions should count. Kidd is obviously just a bad coach and Bud proved that in a year. Brett has gotten better every year and did a hell of a job in the playoffs this year.

Honestly let’s just run it back with the starting lineup, Ennis, Scott, Bolden, Zhaire, Shake, and get a decent backup center that can run the floor.

Waiting for the exit interviews to get posted to YT. The talking heads are all idiots calling for BB to go. And the people they are suggesting are :sick:

Jackson, Hollins, Lue. I’d rather have Brett

I am not for giving Tobias Harris even close to the Max this summer. Dude is a nice player, but I see why he’s been on so many different teams. He’s one of those good but not good enough to get your team over the top type of dudes. Crazy inconsistent. And you’d think with his size he’d be an asset on defense but the dude stays getting roasted on that end.

Tobias is at best a 3rd/4th option. When you have him as your #1 your team will fail. That’s why teams kept trading him. We didn’t bring him in as that

Who would you rather give the money to other than Tobi that would realistically come here? Also I think if he gets a whole camp to practice with the squad and Brett is brought back to find him better opportunities and positions to do his thing, he’ll look a lot better.

Who would you rather give the money to other than Tobi that would realistically come here? Also I think if he gets a whole camp to practice with the squad and Brett is brought back to find him better opportunities and positions to do his thing, he’ll look a lot better.
Thad

The thing with resigning Tobias is that we will have to shuffle the starting lineup if we know what's best.

C: Embiid
Wing: Simmons
Wing: Tobias
Wing: Butler
PG:???

I do like the idea of running it back and bring JJ, Smith, Ennis, Scott, and Bolden off the bench.

We just need a good PG who isn't a liability on defence, can shoot the ball and can play off ball.

I have no idea who that is tho.

Edit:

I just looked at the list of free agent PGs and Goran would be a perfect fit for the team, I doubt we will be able to afford him though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom