2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

So it’s settled. Let Tobias walk and sign Bojan.

If teams soured on Tobias a lil bit and the most anyone is offering is 16-18 mill then I’m fine with bringing him back. But if it’s 25-30 mill then nah. Just leaves us stuck with zero depth again.

If teams soured on Tobias a lil bit and the most anyone is offering is 16-18 mill then I’m fine with bringing him back. But if it’s 25-30 mill then nah. Just leaves us stuck with zero depth again.
Nah I think Brooklyn will be silly enough to max him out because why not. I think he’d bring some stability to that team more so than what they already have

I just think for the sixers there’s too many other needs. And also you want xhaire to develop and grow, so this gives him more playing time

I’m biased since UCF is my alma mater but Tacko as a Boban replacement and Embiid back up would be hilarious and entertaining. His game is literally Boban but more fluid/Mobile. He doesn’t have the touch Boban has but when you’re 7’7” who cares

They could grab him with one of those 2nds. He’s a project for sure though. This draft is interesting because there are a lot of ready guys who should be available in the 2nd round that could fill a bench role immediately.

I’m biased since UCF is my alma mater but Tacko as a Boban replacement and Embiid back up would be hilarious and entertaining. His game is literally Boban but more fluid/Mobile. He doesn’t have the touch Boban has but when you’re 7’7” who cares

No. Absolutely not.

Let’s please just find a backup center that can actually be useful in today’s NBA.

Bolden is the only one we have. He’s just gotta be more consistent. Boban, Monroe and Amir all gotta be long gone.

No. Absolutely not.

Let’s please just find a backup center that can actually be useful in today’s NBA.

Bolden is the only one we have. He’s just gotta be more consistent. Boban, Monroe and Amir all gotta be long gone.
Tacko can be useful during the regular season which was our issue giving Embiid too much PT. We need bodies for the regular season and Jonah as the back up 5 in the playoffs

Tacko can be useful during the regular season which was our issue giving Embiid too much PT. We need bodies for the regular season and Jonah as the back up 5 in the playoffs

Bro if Brett wouldn’t even give burn to Bolden half the time, who was actually legit really good at times this season, then he sure as hell is not playing a basically younger, skinnier version of Boban.

We know why Brett didn’t play Bolden lol he fouls too much when playing the 5. He was better at the 4 next to Embiid. If he improves his defensive awareness then we’re set at that position, that’s his biggest weakness

With the Rapa eliminating the Bucks in 6, it makes me feel better about how close we really were to make the finals (you could argue it was one shot away).
  • It was eye-opening to see Bud get outcoached by Nurse. The game really is about adjustments in the Playoffs.
  • Seeing the way Giannis was naturalized down the stretch made me realize how limited Ben is right now even if they build a proper team around him (4 shooters), there's a clear ceiling to his game until get gets a reliable jump shot (or be ok with being the 2nd or 3rd best players on the team)
We are literally right there, I think we are better than the Bucks, who knows what Toronto will look like next year, the Celtics are in shambles. The path to the finals is closer than we think. Here's what we need to get it done:
  • Either Bolden improved his games and sees a minute increase, or finding a reliable, playable backup center should be a priority this offseason
  • Getting a real playmaker (preferably a starter) is also key.
  • I would like to get both Butler and Tobias back (I hope that Brand can negotiate fair deals with them)
  • Bring back JJ at a reasonable rate and perhaps a reduced role.
  • See what Zhaire is made of (both defensively and as a shooter/ cutter)
  • Embiid needs to work on his conditioning and get healthy
  • Brown needs to keep Embiid at the post (although he did mention the reason he doesn't stick him down there as often is to prevent him from getting injured which makes sense, just not in the 2nd round of the Playoffs)
  • Make Ben more accountable for his improvement and become a more reliable scorer. Also, reduce his minutes as a PG and play him more as a Point Forward.
  • We need to draft right
  • Hire a good assistant coach. I think with the improvement of Zhaire, we have the potential of being the best defensive team in the league
  • If we bring this team back next year, the chemistry will already be there and we will continue to build on that.

I’m absolutely terrified to give Tobias or Jimmy their full max contracts. And I think that’s what both of them want.

I’m absolutely terrified to give Tobias or Jimmy their full max contracts. And I think that’s what both of them want.

I'd be happy with offering Jimmy a cool $140 mil over 5 years and $110 mil for Tobi over the same timespan. I think those are fair deals.

Not comparing his game to Shamet’s but I think he’ll be a guy that similarly ends up on the all rookie team while there’s little to no hype about him. He’s the guy I want with the first round pick

I've been reading that he was the guy who fixed the relationship with Aldridge and maximized his skillset to fit the system.

Avery would be good too.

Sad part is we caught the raps at the best time too. Right before all their role players got hot. Game 4 and that “one shining moment” March madness *** kawhi GW smh....

Sad part is we caught the raps at the best time too. Right before all their role players got hot. Game 4 and that “one shining moment” March madness *** kawhi GW smh....

Eh I wouldn’t say “right before they got hot” cause they weren’t even close to average in our series offensively really. We just straight up shut down mostly everybody besides Kawhi in that series. Van Vleet legit looked scared to even look at the rim. Danny Green was getting locked up by JJ :lol: and Lowry was doing nothing on Ben besides throwing his body into him then chucking it at the basket. Gasol was great defensively but locked up by Embiid offensively.

Cam might be the best shooter in this draft class. Same with Herro, he's nice with the jumper. Expect Johnson you can have at a far lower draft slot because he's not as well-rounded as Tyler.

Cam might be the best shooter in this draft class. Same with Herro, he's nice with the jumper. Expect Johnson you can have at a far lower draft slot because he's not as well-rounded as Tyler.

His foot speed, age and inconsistency worries me. He reminds me of Channing Frye/Scalabrine.

Ty Jerome, Cam Johnson, or Matisse Thybulle at 24. I’m intrigued by Jerome because he has such a natural feel for the game and should be a reliable enough shooter. Cam is already 23 but his shot is money. Thybulle can step in and fill that mike Scott or ennis role right away.

Ty Jerome, Cam Johnson, or Matisse Thybulle at 24. I’m intrigued by Jerome because he has such a natural feel for the game and should be a reliable enough shooter. Cam is already 23 but his shot is money. Thybulle can step in and fill that mike Scott or ennis role right away.

Thybulle would be real good but I’m thinking he’ll go before us.

I don’t trust Ty Jerome. I watched the dude from the third row against my alma mater Gardner Webb in the first round this year and he looked like he could barely get by athletes from the Big South conference.

I think we should get real familiar with Carsen Edwards :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom