2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

The Ringer Article on Zhaire:
Fly, Zhaire, Fly: Philly’s Dunk Machine Is Ready for His Rookie Redo
A life-threatening allergic reaction derailed Smith’s rookie season. The 76ers are hoping the high-flying wing can help unlock their new big-money, big-bodied lineup.

"Smith has a wide range of possible outcomes. I asked a number of people in Vegas for NBA comparisons and got everyone from McDaniels to Shannon Brown and Andre Iguodala. But we know he’s willing to put in the work. His health scare could end up being one of the best things that ever happened to his career: Smith had to work incredibly hard over the past year just to make it back to where he was when he entered the NBA. There is no telling where he will be in a couple of years if he keeps that up."

Zhaire is a million times better than KJ McDaniels and Shannon Brown. But I also don’t see him as the same type of player as Iggy. Prime Avery Bradley is about the closest comparison you can get for him but he could end up being better than that.

Zhaire is a million times better than KJ McDaniels and Shannon Brown. But I also don’t see him as the same type of player as Iggy. Prime Avery Bradley is about the closest comparison you can get for him but he could end up being better than that.
He’d be better than Bradley imo. Iggy is tough because he doesn’t have that feel of the offense Iggy has. No telling if he develops it tho.

I agree with you. I never thought of those players until they were mentioned. I think those comparisons were pretty shallow only looking at athleticism.

He’d be better than Bradley imo. Iggy is tough because he doesn’t have that feel of the offense Iggy has. No telling if he develops it tho.

especially in the playmaking side. Zhair can be a better shooter though.

If Tobias continues(and I think he will) the trend of improving every year, I really hope his playmaking/decision making is the next area that sees a jump. He’d be elite if he can make the right reads off a pick and roll or whatever scenario he’s in as the initiator of the offense.

Man we could realllly really use JR off the bench for us but we have basically a whole team of good locker room guys...I wonder if Elton and Brett have the balls to bring him into that. I think teams are scared his partying ways will rub off on their young players but I think with him obviously only getting a one year deal he’d be on his best behavior.

I really like the trey burke signing. I said a few weeks back I’d like to see him in that backup of/ second unit scoring role

IMG_0181.JPG

This Would Be My Selection To Bring Back...

We must have been going for the worst possible throwback in franchise history :lol:

They're not bad but I just feel like we have other jerseys that could have been retroed. Will they do these in away colors too?

Back
Top Bottom