2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

If I have to watch Jerami Grant and Jordan McRae take turns going iso ever again I'm going to shoot myself in the face

Pierre Jackson
Wroten/Stauskas
Covington
Okafor
Noel/Embiid

Really shouldn't be a TERRIBLE team this year. They'll definitely be fun to watch as well. No matter which two out of the three we choose we really have the future best frontcourt in the league. Guys are going to want to come play for the Sixers very soon once those guys start dominating early.

I'd really like to swing a trade for Ty Lawson somehow. Give them the Heat's 1st rounder next year, Jerami Grant and an expiring contract. I just don't see a better point guard becoming available over the next few years that's as good as him as well as being only 27. He's being significantly undervalued right now.
The big men are the main draw obviously, but new faces like Jackson and McRae as well as Wroten coming back gives us something else to look forward to. I can see 30 wins this year if everyone stays healthy. It will be a ton of fun to watch Okafor and Noel or Embiid/Okafor or even Noel/Okafor work on these big men. I mean damn, Embiid/Okafor would give most front courts in the league hell just based on their size and post moves alone. I love it.

I don't like Lawson though. He's not a top ten PG and you can't settle for anything less than that. We can get someone better/younger in the draft, future free agency, or through trades. Just have to see what opportunities arise.

Last edited:
We won this game today against the Celtics 1-1 now in the Jazz summer league

Homles looked nice out there and Furkan Aldamir can shoot threes now. He's also a monster on the boards too.

At this point, I want Wroten to start and have Pappy Jack as our backup point. Jackson is basically Isaiah Canaan and Ish Smith in one player. I think Embiid will start the season and will dominate next to Okafor. Would love for us to get KD next summer. Imagine a line up with Wroten, Covington, Durant, Embiid and Okafor tho. All buckets

Wroten will start if hes healthy by time the season starts. Embiid on the other hand I dont even see playing at least until AFTER the All Star game smh if he plays at all. But its ok we got Nerlens too.

Hope Okafor plays good for us

sup fellas honestly did not know there was a sixers thread. Looking forward to this upcoming season and having discussions in here

And there is the news I knew was coming

Jah pick looks good right about now but still wanted Russell

Reports are saying the team feels it could be career threatening. I never knew a growth spurt during an injury could have this much effect

Let the Noel/ Jah Era begin.

So far, the team would look like this:

C: Jah
PF: Noel
SF: Covington
SG: Stauskas
PG: Tony Wroten

6th man: Grant

After thinking about it, I can see Jah and Noel work. Noel has the potential to be a KG type of player defensively and works better facing the basket rather than back to the basket. Jah will dominate the paint (maybe more offensively than defensively) but it can work out. The biggest factor for making this work is if Noel develops a consistent jumper.

If Noel will learn how to play off the ball and become an offensive garbage man, that duo will case problems when team double team Jah on the block. If Stauskas reaches his potential, he will complement this team beautifully.

Wroten, although only 22, still has room for improvement but looks like he suits the 6th man roll best. When Dario Saric comes on next year, our team will look like this:

C: Jah
PF: Noel
Sf: Saric
Sg: Stauskas/ Covington
Pg: (either get someone via lottery, trade Embiid for a PG, or acquire someone via free agency)

6th man: Wroten
Grant
all the other picks in the next few years

Man...this team is 100% potential (which I hate), what this team needs is some veteran leadership. We have to bring a veteran from a winning franchise.

Drafting Jah was legit the smarter pick over Russell in the end.

Hope embiid can still comeback and flourish. Still sucks man..

Jah and Noel will be great together. I can't wait

Last edited:
With all the picks we have, my pipe dream would be to trade every one we have this year for Durant (or two 1st + Saric). Realistically, getting Paul George from Indiana if they start off the season bad would be desirable.

We aint got NO chance in getting KD or even George. Whos the last superstar we traded or signed? Prob Moses Malone lol. And we got some vets now in Landry & Thompson. It just sucks that they dont come from a winning franchise tho

One more thing, dont be surprised if Saric does NOT come to the team next year. Hes trying to stay over in Europe for 4yrs so his rookie deal can expire and he can sign for more money smh

Dude's gonna keep skipping out on us until he can bypass a rookie contract and then rob us for money we don't even know he's worth.

#1 reason why I despise taking international players. You don't know what they're worth and 9/10 they don't work out. At least on an All Star level. I know y'all seen that stat "since Dirk, 22 euros picked top 10, not one all star game" or some ish like that.

Yea I hate drafting international players too. Most of them just end up never coming to the league or just end up being some role player. Not every team can draft effective foreign players like the Spurs.

The only reason I wont completely call that Saric pick a failure is cause we actually didnt draft him. We drafted Payton to bait the Magic into giving us the pick they STOLE from us in that terrible (in hindsight) Bynum trade

Would have rather just taken Payton at this point.

Lol yea but back then we had MCW and they were basically the same player. I still remember MCWs confused & concerned face. Little did he know he was gon get traded regardless :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Btw a mock draft has us taken Jaylen Brown at 3rd next year...any info on him besides highlight footage :nerd:

He kinda reminds me of Stanley Johnson but more athletic

Jaylen Brown is going to be great. Would be very nice if we were able to get him.

Our plan was finally going smoothly before Lakers took Russell before us and Embiid was declared out for the year again. We would have had our three guys finally in place and ready to not tank again. Guessing it's right back to tanking again unless another move is made.

As a Sixers fan you have to expect things are going to go wrong for us when it comes to luck lol. The basketball gods hate us :frown:

I knew the Lakers were gon mess things up for us since they were targeting bigs in FA & not guards. They had that planned from the go. And Embiid...:smh:
Well thats the risk you had to take, just wish it went our way for once tho

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom