2018 Air Jordan 1 High OG Shadow

Discussion in 'Jordan Brand' started by Aquamanjay_, Jan 11, 2018.

1. jdfrenchbread23

jdfrenchbread23

nike reserve pair comes in tomorrow, footaction pair comes in friday. just got shipping confirmation

2. Saint Laurent Don

Saint Laurent Don

Excuses, excuses

3. sonicjai

sonicjai

So I be fighting you two guys on the size 10 gang release in NYC lol

And to whoever is saying yeah they treat NYC golden with way more pairs etc, sure we do get extra release options but again, you are missing out on how many people live here versus other cities with smaller populations and probably less corrupt workers at these shoe stores and thus we don't really have a 'competitive advantage' as you might think....

tonydeals and Air Money like this.
  4. mr s j king

mr s j king

Got shipping confirmation at 11:01
    Shadows on the move

5. promac

promac

Bigger cities get more pairs but have more people fighting for them.

Smaller cities don’t have as many people fighting for them, but they get less pairs.

We’re all ****ed

jt doom, antj2k2, scoop0625 and 7 others like this.
  6. beasly151

beasly151

Just walked in Nike Dallas and they had my size. Leather is really soft on these compared to bred toes/ Game royals 7B1A8B82-8845-48CF-BF2D-E6D58477FF42.jpeg

bashmilk, antj2k2, scoop0625 and 12 others like this.
  7. eddiemcnasty

eddiemcnasty

you can stand by whatever you want....everyone is gonna have different experiences, based on size and location. what goes for you doesn't equate to alotta other people.

i like to say that i put in equal amount of work on all 3....buncha Ls as far as reserves, online launches, and store stock, but i managed to grab my 2 pair for each at retail, all by different means.

restocks and resale prices aside....launch weekend seemed to go pretty similarly for bred toes, game royals, and shadows for me, personally. size 9.5 located in chicago.

antj2k2, viskor and atdizzle like this.
  8. jdfrenchbread23

jdfrenchbread23

i leave it up to online anyway so allocations dont matter.outside of snkrs almost all of my 1's W's comes from pressing add to cart over and over and over again on footsites. its frustrating sometimes but when stock count is high your chances are good if youre persistent.

antj2k2 likes this.
  9. eddiemcnasty

eddiemcnasty

:lol:

best believe that the seller speedin to that UPS store as fast as he can

10. alchemist

alchemist

Come live in a state that has 1 Footlocker and no shoe boutiques then your tune might change. Unless its a GR like these then theres zero chance Im grabbing in person.

A lot of you are having a hard time differentiating demand and the term GR.

These released in literally every Footlocker across America, all the footsites, overseas raffles you name it, but the demand is there so they are getting bought up quick.

Its not like these released in big cities only or through one online avenue.

People are always going to miss but if you did the raffles, hit your local spots, tried footsites and SNKRS then there is a high probability that you scored a pair.

Just because they arent sitting on the shelf FSR in every store doesnt mean it isnt a GR and the resale price reflects that. If these were truly limited they would be going for 350+ but theyre not.

somecallmejon and joesmo like this.
  11. atdizzle

atdizzle

my tune needs no changing cause im not 1 of the people blindly saying if u didnt get a pair that must mean u did no legwork. i feel ya pain tho bro. 1 FTL? SHEEEEEEESH. that totally sucks for real. where do u live?

12. allonakaoak

allonakaoak

You're probably right :lol:

He has until today to ship it so I'm going to hold on to this sliver of hope

countryboi likes this.
  13. atdizzle

atdizzle

dang so u be grabbing up all my size 10s eh?! :lol:

dudes in here thinking we got a major advantage over them cause we get more allocation....well DUUUH, we got 4-5x more people in our city, so of course wed get more stock. what? yall expect us to get the same amount of stock as the smaller cities? now THAT would be unfair lol

we sure do take more Ls as a result tho haha

bigdirty978 and sonicjai like this.
  14. bishopfromjuice

bishopfromjuice

I can attest to this as well. When I lived in NY it was RARE that I got a W on anything..Plus I even had a manager plug on 34th and there was still no guarantee . Since I moved south I been scoring and doubling on EVERYTHING.

antj2k2, sonicjai and Air Money like this.
  15. brahmabull23

brahmabull23

been on a nice snkrs run, until now. now to wait on a restock or pass and stay with the 09s

16. saunupe1911

saunupe1911

I'm team an Android too. Pixel 2 XL all day. I compensate by having an iPad. At this rate ya gotta have an iOS device being a sneakerhead. It is what it is...it's the lead platform.

Your advantage is the opportunity itself. Most cities don't even get a shot at certain stuff. But you in here complaining smh. NYC dudes be killing me smh.

17. East bay gate anyone?

I took L on these

18. atdizzle

atdizzle

yup we do get more opportunities, but with the population and way higher demand here, alotta times that equates to simply more Ls. it balances out. dudes who refuse to understand that, be killin me.

antj2k2 likes this.
  19. alchemist

alchemist

Im up in Maine.

Trust me I understand even though you have more stores and what not you have way more people going for the releases also so I understand what youre saying.

Im not trying to debate how easy this release was or anything because we all know that no release is safe no matter how many pairs they made. Im just saying as far Jordan releases go I dont see how this could be anything but a GR.

On another note, my SNKRS pair should arrive Thursday, pumped to see these in person.

20. atdizzle

atdizzle

note to self: never move to Maine lol

21. joesmo

joesmo

This. Plus smaller market stores are more corrupt. I seen dudes act funny over non og more uptempos in Wisconsin. Smaller cities got more tacky wannabe resellers. At least that's what it seems like in my 10 year experience with kicks.

22. acp7399

acp7399

As a NY'er, I've gotta say it's pretty cut throat out here. All the stars mustve aligned if you're EVER able to walk into a brick and mortar and pick up a hyped release. Lines nowadays consist of raffle winners only. Keep it moving if you don't know...Vultures already got a foot in the door for unclaimed pairs so good luck.

antj2k2, atdizzle, Air Money and 2 others like this.
  23. atdizzle

atdizzle

i had a plug in Niketown and also a plug at both 34th st FTLs and hyped releases were still not a guarantee. like i be telling people, sneakerwise, living in NYC is a blessing and also a curse at the same time.

24. walkingBred

walkingBred

New york gets all the snkrs passes & inventory but they have like 9 million ppl. Im in chicago & they still have 3 times our population. Plus its New York. When other cities out spend new york maybe things will change, but from a business pov, it makes sense to feed your most hungry cash cow city.

They may get alot of inventory but in some cases small towns may have advantages because of low demand. So if ny ppl don't cop they have just as every right to be salty & in some cases maybe more. Imagine waiting in line for hours & having cops shut down the store. Or spending alot at Footstores & still not coming close to thousands of others next to you who spent more.

25. nayvadius

nayvadius

this. some of yall in the middle of no where and walk straight into your footstore to cop days after the release.