2018 Air Jordan 1 High OG Shadow

Joined Mar 3, 2014
No response from Stockx - I most likely will initiate a chargeback if they dont offer to resolve the issue. This pair is worst than the NDC pair I received. I anticipated some ****ed up shadows, which is why i bought a few, but 2/4 is not good.

not pictured are the 2 inconsistent swooshes - tumbled and smooth- keep in mind this is just 1 shoe

Attachments

Joined Apr 10, 2017
zubreme zubreme Those don't look too bad to be honest. But I can see why you'd be pissed if you spent over retail for them. If worse comes to worse they can be your everyday casual shoe or something since you have multiple pairs.

Joined Aug 9, 2012
No response from Stockx - I most likely will initiate a chargeback if they dont offer to resolve the issue. This pair is worst than the NDC pair I received. I anticipated some ****ed up shadows, which is why i bought a few, but 2/4 is not good.

not pictured are the 2 inconsistent swooshes - tumbled and smooth- keep in mind this is just 1 shoe

I'll never understand this. What do any of those minor flaws have to do with StockX? They offer an authentication service but I don't think it's fair to ask them to do quality control for Nike. They'd quickly be out of business if they had to cancel transactions for flaws (especially the ones you've illustrated, which are ubiquitous when it comes to 1s) and then ship those flawed pairs back to the sellers.

Joined Mar 3, 2014
I'll never understand this. What do any of those minor flaws have to do with StockX? They offer an authentication service but I don't think it's fair to ask them to do quality control for Nike. They'd quickly be out of business if they had to cancel transactions for flaws (especially the ones you've illustrated, which are ubiquitous when it comes to 1s) and then ship those flawed pairs back to the sellers.
They have the ability (and often do) return merchandise they deem as unfit for sale - whether it looks used or counterfeit. There are plenty instances of people sending in deadstock, authentic items and having them sent back

Worst comes to worst I can always sell em via stockx - I know they'll pass

Joined Mar 22, 2016

The back is messed up a little, but all else doesn't look that bad tbh. When you wear them, no one will notice at all

Joined Nov 21, 2011
are you actually going to wear them? if so they will look like that 5 minutes after being on your feet anyway. if I was stockx Id tell you to kick rocks. you bought 4 pair knowing it would be an issue lol. I used to be a DS collector, but id like to think ive "smartened up" about paying $200 for shoes that I'm only going to look at. You can look at them all you want on the internet for free. my 2 cents anyway..

Joined Aug 10, 2013
I got these off the restock from FTL. The mark is bothering me. Should I return them? Or rock with it? That's the only problem with them. Leather is butter and is consistent on both shoes. 0427181628.jpg

Bert.

Supporter
Joined Oct 24, 2010
Glad to see everyone has the same mentality as me. The shoe is gonna look like that regardless after wearing it for a few minutes.

Good luck on your quest of finding perfect pairs.
came in here to say thats normal. glad most in here changed their tone about issues like that now. a year or two ago, most of you would be complaining.

they're there to authenticate, not nit pick shoes. They've def gone through many pairs just like yours which is indeed normal now.

KanyIZZY

formerly j o 19
Joined Oct 1, 2004
Dudes want tumbled leather and then get mad when it's wrinkled or bent here and there. I get it being a little over warped but I agree that's normal. Can't say I wouldve been stoked to receive that pair but I wouldn't have been that mad at all.

I feel like my Shadows are prefect and they inner grey collar on one of the pairs was creased out.. but hey it's good "quality."

Joined Jul 25, 2016

Looks like an obese dude with cankles tried them on before shipping them out

Joined Mar 3, 2014
are you actually going to wear them? if so they will look like that 5 minutes after being on your feet anyway. if I was stockx Id tell you to kick rocks. you bought 4 pair knowing it would be an issue lol. I used to be a DS collector, but id like to think ive "smartened up" about paying $200 for shoes that I'm only going to look at. You can look at them all you want on the internet for free. my 2 cents anyway..
Would someone purchase 4 pairs of the same shoe if they intended to wear all of them? Would you keep this pair in your collection?

Glad to see everyone has the same mentality as me. The shoe is gonna look like that regardless after wearing it for a few minutes.
Id agree with this sentiment 100% if I were going to wear this pair

I had a few pairs look like that out of the box. Not a big deal homie, just throw em on feet.
I have to defend, on NIKETALK of all places, collecting vs. wearing?

Stockx a QC company now? I hope they ban you if you do file a charge back. It's people like you that ruin it for the rest of us.
Did you read what I wrote right after? I'm selling these via stockx. Hope you're a sz. 12 :wink:

And finally, before this turns into collecting vs. "just wear your kicks" - what would make you think I bought 4 pairs of shadows and haven't started already wearing one of them?

Last edited:
Joined Dec 24, 2013

:lol:

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now