2018 NFL Predictions

Why would the Jaguars offense be any worse than last year? If Fournette stays healthy and the defense keeps giving them short fields then they’ll still be just as good as last year.

Bortles.

You need to break out of your fantasy shell...Your football acumen is on life support.

Bortles.

You need to break out of your fantasy shell...Your football acumen is legendary bad.

Uh what?

The Jaguars offense wasn’t and isn’t some high powered machine. They have a great defense that gives the offense a short field, they pound the ball with one of the best RB’s in the league and ask Bortles to not take chances. Bortles had 21 TD’s and 13 INT’s so its not like he had some great year. What about this doesn’t seem repeatable if Fournette stays healthy and the defense keeps being dominant?

Uh what?

The Jaguars offense wasn’t and isn’t some high powered machine. They have a great defense that gives the offense a short field, they pound the ball with one of the best RB’s in the league and ask Bortles to not take chances. Bortles had 21 TD’s and 13 INT’s so its not like he had some great year. What about this doesn’t seem repeatable if Fournette stays healthy and the defense keeps being dominant?

There's been plenty a great defense held back by their offense where they fluctuate between CCG one season to WC or missed playoffs the next. They're going to ask Bortles to do more this season to "take that next step." That pressure will be enough for him to **** it up, great defense or not. The "if Fournette" stuff is minutiae. He's not all-world like that where he can carry an O despite their Q. They'll be a tough team and will win games, but they won't be front runners this season. We'll just let it play out though. It's all right here for us to revisit.

There's been plenty a great defense held back by their offense where they fluctuate between CCG one season to WC or missed playoffs the next. They're going to ask Bortles to do more this season to "take that next step." That pressure will be enough for him to **** it up, great defense or not. The "if Fournette" stuff is minutiae. He's not all-world like that where he can carry an O despite their Q. They'll be a tough team and will win games, but they won't be front runners this season. We'll just let it play out though. It's all right here for us to revisit.

I mean Bortles threw for the least TD’s of his career since his rookie season. Two seasons prior he had 35 TD’s. That was obviously unsustainable but 21 TD’s and 13 INT’s doesn’t seem like some impossible to match season.

Dirk Koetter is the only head coach I can see getting fired during the season. Everyone else on the hot seat is getting got on Black Monday.

I mean Bortles threw for the least TD’s of his career since his rookie season. Two seasons prior he had 35 TD’s. That was obviously unsustainable but 21 TD’s and 13 INT’s doesn’t seem like some impossible to match season.

That's fair. That's numbers. They won't lie to you. I don't feel like they're being fully truthful to you though. Bortles is not good. A lot of his stats from early on were garbage time numbers. Last year, he surprised me. He was more efficient than I thought he could be. Progress isn't linear though. You need to get better in increments and the Jaguars are all but the same. I believe when they ask Bortles to be better, he will get worse. And it's really because I just don't believe he's a good quarterback. It will result in backwards steps.

The Jaguars will be the front runners for all the top FA QB's that are available for the 2019 season. Book it!

That's fair. That's numbers. They won't lie to you. I don't feel like they're being fully truthful to you though. Bortles is not good. A lot of his stats from early on were garbage time numbers. Last year, he surprised me. He was more efficient than I thought he could be. Progress isn't linear though. You need to get better in increments and the Jaguars are all but the same. I believe when they ask Bortles to be better, he will get worse. And it's really because I just don't believe he's a good quarterback. It will result in backwards steps.

The Jaguars will be the front runners for all the top FA QB's that are available for the 2019 season. Book it!

Teddy :nerd:

The stats that season were a bit deceitful. Jags were piss awful and playing behind in the second half damn near every game. Garbage time bortles was a real thing that year as he was playing against a lot of second units in the 4th.

I like the prediction of the Colts getting into the playoffs but no way that is happening. Our defense is going to be bad. Especially our pass defense. Malik Hooker is the only bright spot and he seems fragile.

Hope I am wrong though!

On the Jags take, I think both buc em buc em & 651akathepaul 651akathepaul are right. Bortles 35 TDs did come in garbage time and are skewed, however Bortles made leaps and bounds last year at his QB play. His first years, the offense was pass heavy, mostly because they always played from behind. Last year, they were run heavy, mostly because Allen Robinson was out and we played with a lead most games. This year we have more of an identify on offense going in the season. We improved on the O-Line & at TE via free agency and we have no true WR1, but we have a serviceable group and Dede Westbrook will get a larger role. I do think we may win 1-2 less games this year, but I think the offense be more balanced than in years past and Bortles could end up with 24-28 TDs, and give or take 2-4 rushing TDs.

Also, people keep hyping Deshaun Watson. I think he's not what people believe him to be. He was 3-3 as a starter (won't count the loss of the first game of the season where he came in at halftime). All his wins came against the Bengals, Titans (Mariota got injured and didn't play the 2nd half) & winless Browns. I think the quality of the teams he was playing + no game film really on him helped him in large part. I think he will have some regression.

Also, people keep hyping Deshaun Watson. I think he's not what people believe him to be. He was 3-3 as a starter (won't count the loss of the first game of the season where he came in at halftime). All his wins came against the Bengals, Titans (Mariota got injured and didn't play the 2nd half) & winless Browns. I think the quality of the teams he was playing + no game film really on him helped him in large part. I think he will have some regression.

I dont disagree with this either. I think his year last year was similar to Bortles in 2016. They ended up getting in shoot outs against bottom half of the league passing defenses:

NE
Cleveland
KC
Tennessee

The two teams with decent passing defenses he did play were the Bengals and Seahawks. Seahawks game he had 3 ints, bengals game he threw for 125 yards and 0 TDs.

Deshaun Watson just had the best 6 game stretch of his career.

giphy.gif

NFC North:

Vikings
Packers
Lions
Bears

NFC South:

Falcons
Saints
Panthers
Buccaneers

NFC West:

Niners
Rams
Seahawks
Cardinals

NFC East:

Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
'Skins

AFC North:

Browns
Steelers
Ravens
Bengals

AFC South:

Texans
Jaguars
Titans
Colts

AFC West:

Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs
Broncos

AFC East:

Patriots
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

Surprise teams in NFC: 49ers

Surprise teams in AFC: Browns, Jets, Chargers

Rookie of the Year: Sam Darnold

Most improved player: Sammy Watkins

Coach of the Year: Hue Jackson

Comeback Player: Odell Beckham

MVP: Jimmy G.

Hot takes:

Odell Beckham finishes top 3 in the MVP race

Sam Darnold will lead the J-E-T-S to the playoffs

Jets have a top 5 defense in the league while being in bottom of the league with sacks

Saquan Barkley busts in his first year but will rebound just like Melvin Gordon

Antonio Brown has an off year

NFC Playoffs:

1. Vikings
2. Niners
3. Eagles
4. Falcons
5. Rams
6. Packers

AFC Playoffs:

1. Patriots
2. Chargers