2018 NFL Thread: Steelers get some good JuJu & survive FitzMagic

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by nickmaz96, Jul 18, 2018.

1. TipsyMcStagga

TipsyMcStagga formerly kod843

This was last 6 starts towards the end of the season last year IIRC

20180217_234308.jpg

2. junglejim

junglejim

We got 49ers superbowl run defense slander in here, Kaep slander, and Teddy overhyping.

You cant call Kaep an overrated QB then turn around and overrate Teddy when they put up damn near the same stats when playing a full season.

I'll admit that Kaep definitely had flaws. When his first read on passing plays wasnt there he struggled. He frequently rolled out of the pocket and instead of throwing the ball away, he tried to force some **** into coverage which created some unnecessary turnovers. He did that **** all the time and it drove me nuts. Was he going to ever be an elite passing QB? No, but he was so versatile that he could lead a good offense with a good coach.

That being said, he is absolutely better than most backups in the NFL right now and some starters. You also cant ignore his athleticism the same way you cant ignore Cam's athleticism. Kaep was an elite athlete and that Is part of what made that offense so good with him and gore. He was dynamic and could break huge runs off if you didnt respect the read option. He proved that against the packers in the playoffs when he had what seemed to be an effortless 70 yard run.

There is no reason he shouldn't be on a team like the Panthers, houston, eagles, or any other team that runs a lot of RPOs or just plain has a piss awful starting QB (not saying those teams above have bad starters, just saying they run a lot of RPOs). Its blatantly obvious Kaep is being black balled now. The excuse before was that teams would have to change their entire offense for Kaep but now half the God damn teams in the NFL are running RPOs and read options, both plays that kaep thrived on because of elite athleticism.

Also, that 49ers defense with aldon smith (pre guns and false airport bomb threats), bowman, p willy, and hitner running around lighting people up, was lights out and one of the top units in the league. I dont think it's a stretch to say they had the best linebacker group in the NFL at the time either.

You cant say a defense is awful because maybe the most talented QB in NFL history put points on them. And that entire superbowl against the ravens was weird as hell. Ravens made like a 28-0 run then the power went out and totally killed the ravens momentum. Everything settled then the 49ers made their comeback. Harbaugh probably paid someone off with $5 khakis to kill the power to settle **** down.

/end rant

Free Kaep

3. UpscaleGhost

UpscaleGhost

numbah1grimey likes this.
  4. kdslittlebro

kdslittlebro

[​IMG]

AFTER I PUT YOU ON THE LEVI'S DEAL?!

[​IMG]

Pipe down Brandon

[​IMG]

DeadsetAce, itsaboutthattime and ITO like this.
  5. Hahahaha

Hahahaha formerly ballerific703

Kaep definitely has issues in his game but I'd rank him 15-20, maybe 20-25 based on how bad some QBs are.

QBs that aren't better than Kaep

Flacco
    Fitzpatrick
    Keenum
    Tyrod
    Bottles
    Bradford
    Rayne Dakota
    Mariota
    Bills QB staff

I'm probably taking Kaep over current Eli and Ben right now

That's 10 QBs so that means Kaep is 20-25 in ranking. He should be starting somewhere.

6. ITO

ITO formerly im that one

tumblr_ognsy8xi2N1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Warmachine85 likes this.
  7. finessesosa

finessesosa

Yall see how GARBAGE QB play is in the league. After Rodgers, Brees and Brady are gone its gonna be rough.

How did it get this bad? :lol: was it overpaying for guys like Fitzpatrick, drafting guys like EJ Manuel so high and Geno?

8. aNYone

aNYone

“Probably” over Eli is hilarious :rofl:

jon4rd likes this.
  9. macbk

macbk

BA 9ers fans: Goodwin good to go or should my friend grab Pettis?

I thought Action Jackson would get a fair look at QB this year, but I can see Harbaugh being loyal to a fault with Elite.

10. aNYone

aNYone

QB is really hard as ****. Comparatively speaking I’d say Aaron Rodgers is more talented then let’s say Lebron at his respective sport.

Like we can say Andy Dalton or Bortles aren’t good. But what else are they really gonna do?

11. junglejim

junglejim

Drop a kicker and grab pettis. Drop pettis Saturday if goodwin is hurt. He took a pretty hard shot so I wouldnt be surprised if he misses time

12. macbk

macbk

If I didn't have Tucker I would :lol: I would just drop John Ross outright.

13. Hahahaha

Hahahaha formerly ballerific703

Name a location fucc boy

14. buc em

buc em

Kaep and Dak MIGHT be on about the same level. And he’s better than any QB on the Bills. Other than that, no, he is not a better QB than any of these dudes.

No team wants their backup QB to be the most publicized player on the team.

15. junglejim

junglejim

Wait it out till Saturday or sunday. I cant imagine he is going to be in high demand.

macbk likes this.
  16. junglejim

junglejim

I'm throwing Mariota, tyrod, and probably a combo of bortles and Flacco in there. Also, winston belongs on that list too.

Based on that second half last week throw trubisky in there too.

And Dak was a top 10 Qb in 2016, you didnt know?

Not srs bout winston

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    finessesosa likes this.
  17. aNYone

aNYone

They might be the same level as passers but Kaep runs 4.5 and has a rocket launcher on his shoulder so give me that.

Maximus Meridius likes this.
  18. tramericanjr

tramericanjr

kaep aint play a game going on 2 seasons.... cant say he is better than anyone without game action..... just wish he got to play it out ....

19. junglejim

junglejim

I can definitively say he is better than Nate Peterman.

That's not saying anything about Kaep either

aNYone likes this.
  20. jon4rd

jon4rd

But Luck was out almost the same damn length of time and he was still in peoples top 10 going into the season. Despicable

moe200069 and junglejim like this.
  21. buc em

buc em

You’re lucky I read that part at the end about Jameis.

I’m not a big Mariota fan but him and Tyrod are way more poised as pocket passers and can do the exact same scrambling that Kaep can do.

22. itsaboutthattime

itsaboutthattime

I c some of my better contributions to this thread have gone MIA..

:frown:

:rolleyes

:smh:

23. itsaboutthattime

itsaboutthattime

24. nako xl

nako xl

You don’t think Kaep is objectively better than Fitzpatrick, Bortles, Dak and a handful of others? You know there’s statistical measurables that say otherwise?

itsaboutthattime likes this.
  25. Maximus Meridius

Maximus Meridius

Yeah he sucks :lol: