2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would welcome Kaep to backup Rodgers or Deshaun with open arms.

Please. Can't stomach the thought of Kizer or Weeden coming into games.

I hope McNair gets caught. Need that scumbag off the ownership and any cronies related to him.

There’s no reason Kaep shouldn’t have been already on the Texans roster heading into last season instead of Tom Savage, TJ Yates, and Taylor Heineke
Dudes would rather put in Tom Savage sustaining a concussion and CTE in the same game than sign Kap. Absolutely ridiculous.

I hate the Texans front office with a fiery passion, especially when you compare it to how advanced the Rockets and Astros are :smh:

We prob should stop talking about Kaep the football player, we prob wont ever see him play again.

honestly for his sake, now that he's getting paid, it's good that he's getting that financial support without having to wreck his body playing the game. long term, he won

Dudes would rather put in Tom Savage sustaining a concussion and CTE in the same game than sign Kap. Absolutely ridiculous.

I hate the Texans front office with a fiery passion, especially when you compare it to how advanced the Rockets and Astros are :smh:

Kaep is the ultimate change of pace. I'm kinda half surprised Belichick hasn't signed him with the splashes he likes to make (again, I understand why he probably hasn't so spare me), but If I were him, that's what I'd do. Gameplan for Brady then put in Kaep and carve the **** out of the defense not knowing what the **** to do. Thats how it would work. It would be Bill's Moss 2.0.

yeah i could see that. make him the wildcat guy or just a, "hey idiots, surprise!" type of deal :lol:

Kaep is the ultimate change of pace. I'm kinda half surprised Belichick hasn't signed him with the splashes he likes to make (again, I understand why he probably hasn't so spare me), but If I were him, that's what I'd do. Gameplan for Brady then put in Kaep and carve the **** out of the defense not knowing what the **** to do. Thats how it would work. It would be Bill's Moss 2.0.
Funny you mention change of pace, because I honestly thought they were going to draft Lamar Jackson this past draft but they drafted a RB with one knee. Then of course LJ is the next pick.

Funny you mention change of pace, because I honestly thought they were going to draft Lamar Jackson this past draft but they drafted a RB with one knee. Then of course LJ is the next pick.

Yeah...I LOVED Lamar three years ago and was really hoping he'd make the jump as a passer, but his accuracy got worse last season, in my opinion. I like that the Ravens made it clear he's sitting but I hate how they use him and RGIII should be the backup. Lamar needs to sit and practice like hell to be successful in the NFL. The one thing with Kaep outside of his running ability was that he was accurate. If those old school NFL QB club drills they did back in the day at the Pro Bowl still existed...Kaep would have won them all. He could throw a 50 yard rope...his problem was he had no touch...but he could still put the ball wherever he wanted. Jackson doesn't have that. He has an arm, but is erratic. Coaches need to calm his *** down and he needs to learn recognition so he knows touch, vs. run, vs. bullet that pass.

Yeah...I LOVED Lamar three years ago and was really hoping he'd make the jump as a passer, but his accuracy got worse last season, in my opinion. I like that the Ravens made it clear he's sitting but I hate how they use him and RGIII should be the backup. Lamar needs to sit and practice like hell to be successful in the NFL. The one thing with Kaep outside of his running ability was that he was accurate. If those old school NFL QB club drills they did back in the day at the Pro Bowl still existed...Kaep would have won them all. He could throw a 50 yard rope...his problem was he had no touch...but he could still put the ball wherever he wanted. Jackson doesn't have that. He has an arm, but is erratic. Coaches need to calm his *** down and he needs to learn recognition so he knows touch, vs. run, vs. bullet that pass.
Lamar with get there. This redshirt year is important.

Lamar with get there. This redshirt year is important.

Hope so...His accuracy is so bad though.

Ravens need to trade for Teddy...I'm seriously getting pissed, cause he's so good and he's wasting away on these **** *** teams where no one wants him, Vikings included.

I would trade Cousins for Teddy in a heartbeat. Cousins is going to be great, but I just love Teddy and he can be just as good, but more efficient.

Hope so...His accuracy is so bad though.

Ravens need to trade for Teddy...I'm seriously getting pissed, cause he's so good and he's wasting away on these **** *** teams where no one wants him, Vikings included.

I would trade Cousins for Teddy in a heartbeat. Cousins is going to be great, but I just love Teddy and he can be just as good, but more efficient.
Yea Lamar ccan work on his accuracy. I never understood the Teddy hype.

Teddy has it all. Hate that he got hurt and as bad as it sounds, I was always hoping and waiting that he would've gotten one more chance in 'Sota...Keenum just had to be on one though...Oh, well.

Teddy has it all. Hate that he got hurt and as bad as it sounds, I was always hoping and waiting that he would've gotten one more chance in 'Sota...Keenum just had to be on one though...Oh, well.
Arm strength, accuracy, touch, ball placement, reading defenses, moving the safety with his esyes?

Keeny Stills will be blackballed when he becomes a free agent

Nope. Times change. Kaep died in the NFL for this one, but thrives in the end. Things will get better. I think it was just something that needed to happen. And eventually he puts Rauf in a good light too. I believe this.

Arm strength, accuracy, touch, ball placement, reading defenses, moving the safety with his esyes?

C grade for arm strength, which is a Montana grading. Accuracy was an A- on short to intermediate, but C on long balls (which it looks he has improved upon), touch/ball placement B+ (often threw receivers open and had a better handle of that than WR's did), reading defenses A- (was going through 4 in a progression his rookie season)...moving safety with eyes was a B. He did well at this, but didn't excel, mainly cause he wasn't very accurate with the deep ball, so he focused on the short-intermediate. This probably has improved by now.

To add: Leadership A, toughness A

Anyone have the numbers from Kaepernick's last seven starts in the NFL compared to Garoppolo's?

This was last 6 starts towards the end of the season last year IIRC

20180217_234308.jpg

We got 49ers superbowl run defense slander in here, Kaep slander, and Teddy overhyping.

You cant call Kaep an overrated QB then turn around and overrate Teddy when they put up damn near the same stats when playing a full season.

I'll admit that Kaep definitely had flaws. When his first read on passing plays wasnt there he struggled. He frequently rolled out of the pocket and instead of throwing the ball away, he tried to force some **** into coverage which created some unnecessary turnovers. He did that **** all the time and it drove me nuts. Was he going to ever be an elite passing QB? No, but he was so versatile that he could lead a good offense with a good coach.

That being said, he is absolutely better than most backups in the NFL right now and some starters. You also cant ignore his athleticism the same way you cant ignore Cam's athleticism. Kaep was an elite athlete and that Is part of what made that offense so good with him and gore. He was dynamic and could break huge runs off if you didnt respect the read option. He proved that against the packers in the playoffs when he had what seemed to be an effortless 70 yard run.

There is no reason he shouldn't be on a team like the Panthers, houston, eagles, or any other team that runs a lot of RPOs or just plain has a piss awful starting QB (not saying those teams above have bad starters, just saying they run a lot of RPOs). Its blatantly obvious Kaep is being black balled now. The excuse before was that teams would have to change their entire offense for Kaep but now half the God damn teams in the NFL are running RPOs and read options, both plays that kaep thrived on because of elite athleticism.

Also, that 49ers defense with aldon smith (pre guns and false airport bomb threats), bowman, p willy, and hitner running around lighting people up, was lights out and one of the top units in the league. I dont think it's a stretch to say they had the best linebacker group in the NFL at the time either.

You cant say a defense is awful because maybe the most talented QB in NFL history put points on them. And that entire superbowl against the ravens was weird as hell. Ravens made like a 28-0 run then the power went out and totally killed the ravens momentum. Everything settled then the 49ers made their comeback. Harbaugh probably paid someone off with $5 khakis to kill the power to settle **** down.

/end rant

Free Kaep

Kaep definitely has issues in his game but I'd rank him 15-20, maybe 20-25 based on how bad some QBs are.

QBs that aren't better than Kaep

Flacco
Fitzpatrick
Keenum
Tyrod
Bottles
Bradford
Rayne Dakota
Mariota
Bills QB staff

I'm probably taking Kaep over current Eli and Ben right now

That's 10 QBs so that means Kaep is 20-25 in ranking. He should be starting somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom