2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if I agree..

The QB spot is the whitest (or maybe 2nd or 3rd after kickers and punters) and clearly the highest paid position on the field, so 'protecting' that 'elite' class would seem to be more of a 'conservative' mindset

Protecting an investment is conservative now? Interesting take...

I would say the second most valuable commodity (in you’re terms) would be the pass rusher. One from the Dolphins and blew out his ACL avoiding landing on a QB and twisting his body unnaturally. You’ve now lost a starter along with having to pay someone off the street. Is that QB money, no... it is still capital I don’t want to invest.

I want my starter over everything. This landing rule is absurd regardless of anything else.

Protecting an investment is conservative now? Interesting take...

not what i said

but i agree on your point about pass rushers.. and considering they have very odd rules on when Oline or other can dive at knees.. and same goes for Oline being about to dive at other defenders knees instead of straight up blocking.. plus how they've basically encouraged talking low now with the specific head area rules

just very odd.. but league seems only interested in overprotecting the QB position, as your team learned, to the detriment.. and then concerned about law suits with head stuff

Deadspin has the full police report on this EG saga. Some of the stuff about how he just jumped into some dudes car at a gas station and, along with "God told me to," as a reason he entered Trae's home was because of two signs in the front yard that said "Happy Fall and SHHHHH" pretty much further illustrates his state of mind at the time. Crazy, man.

https://deadspin.com/police-report-vikings-everson-griffen-jumped-out-of-an-1829304717

giphy.gif

I mean, we played like trash. It shouldn’t have been close enough for that call to matter but the refs shouldn’t have made that call. This sucks.

Deadspin has the full police report on this EG saga. Some of the stuff about how he just jumped into some dudes car at a gas station and, along with "God told me to," as a reason he entered Trae's home was because of two signs in the front yard that said "Happy Fall and SHHHHH" pretty much further illustrates his state of mind at the time. Crazy, man.

https://deadspin.com/police-report-vikings-everson-griffen-jumped-out-of-an-1829304717

Man, I’m hoping he gets the help that he needs. Mental health is important and this seems to be something that he’s struggled with his whole life.

Didn't even think about the effects of CTE until I read the comments section...but that could also be in play here along with the issues he already was dealing with regarding his mental health

Man I'm bummed about that EG news. Dude is a force on the field. I have family members who battle mental illness and it's sad. Definitely hope he gets the help he needs.

Eh... Need OL depth I guess? Maybe this means Kalil isn't coming back? (dear God I hope so) Hopefully doesn't mean Williams is done. We need a damn safety
Oh Daryll wasn't coming back anyway this season. Its sad that a guy we picked up off the street has played better at LT than Kalil. We could really use that Cap space to go after Tyrann next summer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom