**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Also nah man 4th quarter is were this game was lost. 3rd quarter ended with game tied and Clippers went on 11-2 run half way through the 4th while Lebron tried to take over and the Lakers had 6 turn overs that quarter. Way to much iso and reliance on AD & Lebron tonight.

We gave up 40 in the 2nd and held them under 30 every other quarter. Hold them under 30 in the 2nd and we win by 1 despite the 4th. Of course it doesn't work like that but you get what I mean :lol:. Game was lost in both quarters tbh

When Jim buss was fired. That’s the point in time when our franchise turned the wrong corner

at that time we should have hired an experienced basketball president (David Griffin) and given him full control. Instead we gave the keys to Magic, rob, Rambis andPhil Jax

Jim had to go period. No superstars were picking up the phone or meeting with him to even consider signing with the Lakers. Magic was in Jeanie's ear saying how she needed to clean house and fire Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss. Final nail in the coffin for Jim was the horrible Deng & Mozgov signings.

Sad seeing Dwight run up and down 8 times without touching the ball lol
He was the focal point a few years ago. Now just watching AD do work.....

and if we don’t have a plan to get another young stud to help AD then he’s walking. Maybe Kuz is that guy.

But having old man river in his twilight years and leaving AD all alone post-LeMao Zedong ain’t it

LeMao is almost at that age where his legs won’t do what his mind want them to do. He’ll be having his legs buckle and tripping over himself pretty soon

Jim had to go period. No superstars were picking up the phone or meeting with him to even consider signing with the Lakers. Magic was in Jeanie's ear saying how she needed to clean house and fire Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss. Final nail in the coffin for Jim was the horrible Deng & Mozgov signings.
I know we had to get rid of Jim. I meant, the day after we fired him is the turning point. Choosing magic/rob vs west or Griffin was the nail in the coffin

I know we had to get rid of Jim. I meant, the day after we fired him is the turning point. Choosing magic/rob vs west or Griffin was the nail in the coffin

Both of them weren't available at the time. Logo was a consultant and working for the Warriors and David Griffin was running the Cavs at that time for Lebron's return to Cleveland.

Both of them weren't available at the time. Logo was a consultant and working for the Warriors and David Griffin was running the Cavs at that time for Lebron's return to Cleveland.
They’re always available

Jerry was available after his run with the Warriors. There was talk of him coming back then it didn't happen.

There will be issues if the Lakers and Clippers meet in the playoffs and Lebeon chooses to not guard Kawhi.

Lebron not guarding Kawhi in game #1 of an 82-game season? Folks shouldn't even be trippin

Love Jerry, but I don't think Jerry would've offered much in the day to day, and really the team needs to break away from the past.

We were forcing it to AD too much down low and didn’t run the pick and roll enough. Also I expect AD to be better at making free throws. Lebron was looking too passive and needs to know when to turn it on especially after Danny brought us back. Damn I wanted to the win last night:lol:

Love Jerry, but I don't think Jerry would've offered much in the day to day, and really the team needs to break away from the past.

Not true. If you look at some of the things he had input on with the Clippers. His basketball mind is still there.

And he wanted to be here.

And we didn't let him come back. Then we lost his son to the same Clippers franchise.

Last edited:
Y’all probably already said this but KCP GOT TO GO!!!

how we get rid of him? Bron gotta get him traded

It’s just one bleeping game. 81 more to go. Y’all need to seriously relax. The Lakers are a work in progress while the paper Clips are basically the same team as last season with Kawhi thrown into the mix. Lakers will be fine and revenge will be sweet come Christmas.

Too many chicken littles in here

In addition, Jerry West wasn't gonna come to the Lakers when his son was on the squad running the scouting dept.

Jeanie wasn't also bout to hire old man Jerry, who wasn't and still isn't down to do the day to day grind that is required of a President of Basketball Ops

In addition, Jerry West wasn't gonna come to the Lakers when his son was on the squad running the scouting dept.

Jeanie wasn't also bout to hire old man Jerry, who wasn't and still isn't down to do the day to day grind that is required of a President of Basketball Ops

Majic-Johnson-Confused-Popcorn-Gif.gif

Back
Top Bottom