**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

He's not signing a 4 year deal. 2 year deal after this season gets him to a 10 year vet status and coincides with Bron leaving. It's no sure thing at all if we don't win in these next couple seasons. Guess it's worth the risk.

I forgot about the Supermax thing. With that said your right he will take a shorter deal but again unless this goes horrific i don't think the reasoning behind taking the short deal would be because he doesn't want to stay on the Lakers.

I think Zo was the right pick and I am a fan of him and hope for nothing but the best, but at the same time I think a lot of people, not only Laker fans, but bball fans dont realize how great AD is. All good tho, they’ll know soon enough. Hoping both Zo and AD can kick that injury bug. I cant wait for us to ball next year, but if the Pel’s can stay healthy theyll be a really fun team to watch
Ya I agree. Didn’t matter who we chose. We would have and SHOULD trade for AD.

People loving Fox based on several reports of how well he was doing in team USA practices. We talking about practice...not a game, not a game...but practice.

Deal woulda been for BI Fox hart and picks. No doubt. Just be happy we didn’t pick Josh’s jackson. Otherwise we would have not had AD now.

Ya I agree. Didn’t matter who we chose. We would have and SHOULD trade for AD.

People loving Fox based on several reports of how well he was doing in team USA practices. We talking about practice...not a game, not a game...but practice.

Deal woulda been for BI Fox hart and picks. No doubt. Just be happy we didn’t pick Josh’s jackson. Otherwise we would have not had AD now.

Fox's PER was 18.18 (15th most efficient PG) and Zo's was 11.76 (59th most efficient PG). It's alot more than practice. Anyone with eyes who looks at things objectively can see that Fox is light years ahead of Lonzo on the court, not to mention that Zo hasn't shown the ability to finish an NBA season healthy.

Fox's PER was 18.18 (15th most efficient PG) and Zo's was 11.76 (59th most efficient PG). It's alot more than practice. Anyone with eyes who looks at things objectively can see that Fox is light years ahead of Lonzo on the court, not to mention that Zo hasn't shown the ability to finish an NBA season healthy.
I’m talking recent wave of “oh my god Fox is so damn great. Crown him now”. Like last few months. Again fox is very good. Not saying I don’t want him, but to say the fate of the organization would have been drastically altered had we taken the almighty god of basketball dearron fox over Zo is laughable

Also, has an whiteside has a better PER then Paul George. Enes Kanter had a better PER then Blake griffin.

I’m talking recent wave of “oh my god Fox is so damn great. Crown him now”. Like last few months

Also, has an whiteside has a better PER then Paul George. Enes Kanter had a better PER then Blake griffin.

What metric do you want to use. Shooting percentage? advanced stats like 'pick and roll percentile and finishing at the basket numbers? Fox is way ahead of Zo. I've give you that Zo is a better defender and natural passer but Fox is better at everything else. If you're just a Zo stan, there's nothing anyone can do to dissuade you, but if you try and look at thing objectively, you'll see that Fox >>> Zo. Not to mention that Fox has only missed 10 games so far and Zo has missed 65

What metric do you want to use. Shooting percentage? advanced stats like 'pick and roll percentile and finishing at the basket numbers? Fox is way ahead of Zo. I've give you that Zo is a better defender and natural passer but Fox is better at everything else. If you're just a Zo stan, there's nothing anyone can do to dissuade you, but if you try and look at thing objectively, you'll see that Fox >>> Zo. Not to mention that Fox has only missed 10 games so far and Zo has missed 65
Guess only time will tell. Fox will probably be a very very good player and make lots of money. Reminds me of John Wall: Future 2nd round exit aficionado. Maybe derozen light.

Not a ball stan anymore. He’s def not as good as I predicted but people here bash just to bash and live a revisionist lifestyle. Same guys that wanted to give up on d’lo after 2 years lol

I haven’t heard a single thing about fox since they stayed playing games.....

ganes > practice

As a fan who dislikes the Kings and Lakers equally, I completely disagree with your "anyone with eyes who looks at things objectively" comment. Fox is a better shooter, which in turn makes him a better scorer. But every single other basketball skill, I would give Lonzo the edge. Every single one.

But yeah the injuries are a big deal too. But objectively speaking, your efficiency stat is incredibly misleading. Lonzo is a very good basketball player. He just cant shoot.

Just finished the podcast with Zo and Hart. Yeah seems like they hated last year and Zo gave a lot of insight to how bad BBB was...

Reactions: DLF
When are Zo and Hart gonna be over it? They making DLo’s departure look way more better. Let your game do the talking and move on.

710 messing up. Hell the messed up when they put Steven A on but to mess with Mason and Ireland (even though they can be annoying) is just dumb.

My guy.. This ain’t directed solely at you.. and don’t take it the wrong way, I’m just trying to educate.. but we gotta stop using PER. It’s the equivalent of RBI in baseball. Doesn’t tell us anything.

Use PIPM (stats available at b-ball index), RPM (espn), BPM (b-ball reference), or RAPM to measure impact.
Or use POE (b-ball-index) for efficiency. NBA also has percentile ranks for context for various play types.

These stats have much more predictive success than PER which makes these stats much more useful.

Here’s a deeper dive into the rationale if you care to read.
https://fansided.com/2019/01/08/nylon-calculus-best-advanced-stat/

this. :lol:

these kids sure are showing their age. you never burn bridges. just look at dwight.

Exactly. And Dwight Howard is a prime example. He was a top 10 NBA player when he left the Lakers but still made sure he didn't burn any bridges when he left.

You never know where your career is going to take you so you should never bad-mouth another team.
There are only 30 NBA teams in the league, why take away an opportunity to play for one?

Vlade is a good guy, hated him in SAC

But people forget how good he was with the Lakers in those Elden Campbell, Ceballos, NVE, EJ years.......even earlier with Sedale Threatt he was a very good player for us

Back
Top Bottom