**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Clippers have more assets and workable contracts to make it work without totally disrupting their core.

Knicks were asking for both Kuzma and Green. You don’t trade 2 for 1 for a guy like Morris. At best, it’s a lateral move.

giphy - 2020-02-09T224428.343.gif

If there’s truth to that Balmer stuff, I hope it gets leaked and aired out. If he’s really trying to pull some crap like that, he deserves all the negative publicity that should and will come his way.

The obvious glares on the team is a playmaking guard and a wing defender. I could see them going with JR since I guess he’s in between both of those. Dion Waiters would be a waste, Spo couldn’t even fix him. Lance would be an interesting add. MKG and Harkless bring that wing defender especially against the athletic ones. Harkless can somewhat shoot a 3 ball. Not even sure when’s the last time MKG was on the court :lol: not a lot of options out there. Lakers were really banking on DC

The obvious glares on the team is a playmaking guard and a wing defender. I could see them going with JR since I guess he’s in between both of those. Dion Waiters would be a waste, Spo couldn’t even fix him. Lance would be an interesting add. MKG and Harkless bring that wing defender especially against the athletic ones. Harkless can somewhat shoot a 3 ball. Not even sure when’s the last time MKG was on the court :lol: not a lot of options out there. Lakers were really banking on DC

Dion Waiters = trash
J.R. Smith = trash
Mo Harkless = trash
MKG = trash
D.J. Augustin = trash

Troy Daniels is better than all of them. So is Quinn Cook for that matter. Neither are worth cutting for any of those. They would probably be better off getting Jamal Crawford. He would be a non-factor 4 out of 5 games, but the probabilities of him going ham in the 5th game are higher than any of those others going ham.

Honestly, at this point the Lakers are lucky that Collison might want to stay retired. Because if he wasn't, Jerry West was probably about to own Pelinka again by picking him up in front of him, walk up to Pelinka and be like

The Lakers only hopes of not being doomed are:

1. Rajon Rondo trolling everyone by playing like he legit belongs in the NBDL and not the NBA for most of the regular season, then going full "Playoff Rondo" mode come playoff time.
2. Boogie coming back completely healthy for the playoffs and playing like he was never injured.

In other words, they're doomed.
But hey, there's always a chance that key Clippers players might get injured.

Hearing from my buddy who works for a concrete company that did LA Live that Ballmer’s Microsoft-owned LA live area is pressuring his company to remove the Kobe messages on the ground. The company doesn’t wanna do it, they’ve proposed glossing over it and leaving it as a tribute. Ballmer wants to remove it. Stay tuned
This doesn’t make much sense.

I don’t doubt the part about ballmer wanting to remove the messages on the ground. Technically people vandalized/defaced his property. If he owns it he has the right to do whatever he wants. I personally don’t blame him for that.

But the part that doesn’t make sense is the company’s refusal. I’m not doubting your friends story, but I’m thinking of it from a business perspective. If the company refuses the job, they risk losing out on future contracts. Doing the entire cement job for LA live must have been $$$. Potentially doing remodeling work at la live or doing the cement at the eventual Inglewood arena is very lucrative. They are willing to risk all that money because they disagree with ballmer, who has every right to do what he wants to his property? The company can certainly refuse to do a job as well. But if they refuse it, theres countless other cement companies that will do it. Unless your friend is ceo or makes executive decisions ima say it’s cap. I’m sure they don’t want to do it, and disagree with ballmer, but they will eventually do it. 100%

And it doesn’t really matter. Because once they restore the cement I guarantee you people will continue writing messages to Kobe for months or even years to come.

I don’t doubt the part about ballmer wanting to remove the messages on the ground. Technically people vandalized/defaced his property. If he owns it he has the right to do whatever he wants. I personally don’t blame him for that.

But the part that doesn’t make sense is the company’s refusal. I’m not doubting your friends story, but I’m thinking of it from a business perspective. If the company refuses the job, they risk losing out on future contracts. Doing the entire cement job for LA live must have been $$$. Potentially doing remodeling work at la live or doing the cement at the eventual Inglewood arena is very lucrative. They are willing to risk all that money because they disagree with ballmer, who has every right to do what he wants to his property? The company can certainly refuse to do a job as well. But if they refuse it, theres countless other cement companies that will do it. Unless your friend is ceo or makes executive decisions ima say it’s cap. I’m sure they don’t want to do it, and disagree with ballmer, but they will eventually do it. 100%

And it doesn’t really matter. Because once they restore the cement I guarantee you people will continue writing messages to Kobe for months or even years to come.
I kind of agree with this sentiment. Honestly I don’t believe anything anymore unless I hear it from a reliable public source or if the evidence is just overwhelming.
On that note, **** collison, **** ballz, **** the clippers and **** the nba. If we win it all, all this struggle and pain will make it taste so much better

Collison a thot. Sit your *** at home and think **** over if you're really that indecisive. Whoever said Jeanie should've moved in silence was 100%

Collison a thot. Sit your *** at home and think **** over if you're really that indecisive. Whoever said Jeanie should've moved in silence was 100%
True but then people woulda been saying “do more to convince him...to recruit him”

it is what it is. Who cares. **** him

I hear you. He was telling me that the company was hesitant because of the potential negative publicity and backlash from the people who will see this company removing what people have poured their hearts out to create . The company is a small business that does residential and commercial and felt like they might lose future business. In the end, obviously they’ll do it I’m sure, it’s just that they were trying to explore other options and not rushi into removing the heartfelt messages right away

dudes are really blaming Rob & Jeanie for not having backup plans ready, when

1) We have no roster spots, have amazing chemistry and are currently the 1st seed in the West
2) KOBE BRYANT JUST ****ING DIED
3) They were literally waiting on someone do make his mind up on coming out of retirement.

I'm not sure what people really want the front office to do this year. They correctly waited on Kawhi, that fell through they still put together a championship contending roster.

No draft picks to trade, no movable contracts that don't completely change the dynamic of the team, what are these proposed "misses" from rob.

We didn't have many realistic moves to make at the deadline, trying to convince Collison was the best move. It didn't work out so now we wait to see what end of the rotation players they could add.

Dion Waiters = trash
J.R. Smith = trash
Mo Harkless = trash
MKG = trash
D.J. Augustin = trash

Troy Daniels is better than all of them. So is Quinn Cook for that matter. Neither are worth cutting for any of those. They would probably be better off getting Jamal Crawford. He would be a non-factor 4 out of 5 games, but the probabilities of him going ham in the 5th game are higher than any of those others going ham.

Honestly, at this point the Lakers are lucky that Collison might want to stay retired. Because if he wasn't, Jerry West was probably about to own Pelinka again by picking him up in front of him, walk up to Pelinka and be like

The Lakers only hopes of not being doomed are:

1. Rajon Rondo trolling everyone by playing like he legit belongs in the NBDL and not the NBA for most of the regular season, then going full "Playoff Rondo" mode come playoff time.
2. Boogie coming back completely healthy for the playoffs and playing like he was never injured.

In other words, they're doomed.
But hey, there's always a chance that key Clippers players might get injured.

Doomed?

:rofl:

Take this to the NBA thread...

dudes are really blaming Rob & Jeanie for not having backup plans ready, when

1) We have no roster spots, have amazing chemistry and are currently the 1st seed in the West
2) KOBE BRYANT JUST ****ING DIED
3) They were literally waiting on someone do make his mind up on coming out of retirement.

I'm not sure what people really want the front office to do this year. They correctly waited on Kawhi, that fell through they still put together a championship contending roster.

No draft picks to trade, no movable contracts that don't completely change the dynamic of the team, what are these proposed "misses" from rob.

We didn't have many realistic moves to make at the deadline, trying to convince Collison was the best move. It didn't work out so now we wait to see what end of the rotation players they could add.
I agree man and thanks for putting it into perspective. I personally don’t blame them for lack of trade (even though I’m a board member of the trade Kuzma club). This Collison thing hurts but they did apparently reach out to nets and thunder re: spencer and Dennis. They (obviously) said no. I wouldn’t mind Reggie jackson though. But we will see, if we waive Daniels for Jackson but rondo still gets most back up pg minutes over him then he doesn’t solve anything. Still got few weeks before March 1st deadline. I’ll hold judgment til then. Something tells me we ain’t adding anyone

I got an email from Eastbay saying my order shipped. I had no idea what I’d ordered but now remember that it was mamba academy stuff. Someone on here asked the other day about easybay orders.

So glad we don't hit this tough stretch until after the ASG, should give AD/Bron rest & allow the team to mentally get right. Had to be an extremely draining last two weeks.

Our next game after Wed isn't until 2/21

Last edited:
Reactions: DLF
So glad we don't hit this tough stretch until after the ASG, should give AD/Bron rest & allow the team to mentally get right. Had to be an extremely draining last two weeks.

Our next game after Wed isn't until 2/21
yeah you can tell them two, well bron specifically are mentally already on that break :lol:
hoping they can win the next 2 and go into the break strong

worried that Book may drop a big night though lol

one of the best videos i've seen in a while. forget that its Bill Simmons for a minute. Now i have a lump in my throat.

Back
Top Bottom