**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

s7pro7ozvnp51.jpg

Remember the lakers fans that were mad DLo left and the ones that said the Lakers gave up too much for AD :lol: 4 wins away from the first championship in a decade
Lakers fans who thought Lakers were going to home grow a title team with their own picks DLo, Randle, Ingram, and all the rest of the young guys surely were the ones who thought the Lake Show would imitate what the Warriors had done with Steph, Klay, and Dray because GSW drafted their core.

That was never the plan to begin with. Lakers were going after stars the entire time like they always have done and Russell certainly wasn't going to be it.

Lakers fans who thought Lakers were going to home grow a title team with their own picks DLo, Randle, Ingram, and all the rest of the young guys surely were the ones who thought the Lake Show would imitate what the Warriors had done with Steph, Klay, and Dray because GSW drafted their core.

That was never the plan to begin with. Lakers were going after stars the entire time like they always have done and Russell certainly wasn't going to be it.

I was on that train, I wanted a “home grown” team...but back then all we had was faith that somehow we’d turn this thing around

I was on that train, I wanted a “home grown” team...but back then all we had was faith that somehow we’d turn this thing around
There were a ton of fans who, like you, wanted a "home grown" team. But it's very hard to do it when none of the players we drafted possessed the "mentality."

It was clear after each of their 2nd years in the league that D'Angelo and Julius were not the type of leaders the Lakers needed. Too childish, too pretty, not enough substance.

We hoped as fans, but boy am I glad we signed LeBron. As bad as Magic was, he did his part in recruiting Bron to come here. AD dont come here unless Bron is here. Magic knew what he was doing when he said by 2020 we'd be "back, back, back." I think that 3rd star he meant was Boogie Cousins

Who do we want to face? I think the Celts have more talent than the Heat but Spo is a better coach than Stevens.

At least we still got Kuz, thanks to the pelicans stupidity. :lol:

Kuz & Causo are the home brown talent for me

Back
Top Bottom