**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

tqcsmst4z7n51.jpg
I don't know why more athletes don't do this.
tenor (1).gif

tenor.gif

We will see an increase in the percentage of our small ball lineup. Regular season it was like 30-40 oerdent

now it will be 65-70 percent.

vs Houston it was 99 percent bc WE HAD TO. Even then it took 3 games to get there

Have no issue with them playing in garbage time.
unfortunately it’s not about what WE want. It’s about what coaches will do. It makes sense to play the way we have all year. Vs Portland Howard played very well towards end of series.
We don’t want AD gassed by the 4th quarter like the opening day game AND Christmas Day game

Have no issue with them playing in garbage time.
Imagine thinking Vogel gonna bench his 2 centers against the other 2 top teams in the West just because the small ball Lakers had success against the small ball Rockets.

One thing is for sure, my Lakers ain't one-dimensional

Reactions: DLF
Imagine thinking Vogel gonna bench his 2 centers against the other 2 top teams in the West just because the small ball Lakers had success against the small ball Rockets.

One thing is for sure, my Lakers ain't one-dimensional

You were insistent that they'd be factors and playing minutes so far in the playoffs. And have been dead wrong. As pmatic pmatic has said they can't play vs good teams. It kills us on the offensive end with spacing at minimum.

Howard was good vs Blazers in games 3,4 and 5. He had 14 pts in game 5. 10 boards in game 3.

not saying we need to play him to start the 4th no matter what- but if zubac is out there you CAN play Howard.

You were insistent that they'd be factors and playing minutes so far in the playoffs. And have been dead wrong. As pmatic pmatic has said they can't play vs good teams. It kills us on the offensive end with spacing at minimum.
Yes I was wrong that they'd be a factor against Houston. Got no problem admitting it. But to think LAL would continue to bench Dwight and Javale against Den or LAC and only play them in garbage time is completely asinine. You play BIGS against playoff teams with decent bigs. Why? Interior defense and the ability to alter and change shots when little Smurfs penetrate the lane.

Howard was good vs Blazers in games 3,4 and 5. He had 14 pts in game 5. 10 boards in game 3.

not saying we need to play him to start the 4th no matter what- but if zubac is out there you CAN play Howard.

All those games vs POR were blowouts

All those games vs POR were blowouts
And they were blowouts in part because Dwight helped take Nurkic and Whiteside out of their games. Let's not forget how Portland's bigs were already gassed and worn out by game 3 and 4. I wouldnt underestimate what Dwight brings to the table.

In fact.....

Playoff Dwight coming bro!

Reactions: DLF
Zubac been playing 30 mins a game. Howard and McGee will get burn. They will neutralize the **** out of him

Like I've been saying since the playoffs started and it's played out exactly that way, those guys only seeing minutes when it's not important. Neither will be in during a close game. AD at the 5 and Kuz or Morris, it's been our best lineup all season. Ain't going to change now.

Zubac been playing 30 mins a game. Howard and McGee will get burn. They will neutralize the **** out of him

AD going to have Zubac in foul trouble early then feast on Trez like Joker is doing now. Dwight and especially Javele put no pressure on anybody on the offensive end; they are only here really to block shots and rebound.

AD going to have Zubac in foul trouble early then feast on Trez like Joker is doing now. Dwight and especially Javele put no pressure on anybody on the offensive end; they are only here really to block shots and rebound.
That's exactly what they were brought in to do, which means they will see significant minutes, even though they may not close the game.

Bottom line: Dwight and Javale are every bit as important to the team as Kuzma, Rondo, Caruso, et al.

That's exactly what they were brought in to do, which means they will see significant minutes, even though they may not close the game.

Bottom line: Dwight and Javale are every bit as important to the team as Kuzma, Rondo, Caruso, et al.

Just stop man. The ONLY time they've seen any significant minutes has been in blowout games or when AD had back spasms that one game. They are not significant rotation pieces on this team.

Just stop man. The ONLY time they've seen any significant minutes has been in blowout games or when AD had back spasms that one game. They are not significant rotation pieces on this team.
Allow me to return the favor: Know your basketball.

Trust me, you ask members of the Lakers organization how they feel about Dwight and Javale being important rotation pieces and they will tell you the same exact thing I'm telling you.

Last edited:
Allow me to return the favor: Know your basketball.

Trust me, you ask members of the Lakers organization how they feel about Dwight and Javale being important rotation pieces and they will tell you the same exact thing I'm telling you.

Yea that's why they haven't played really at all.

Like I said before you don't know basketball or at least modern basketball.

Yea that's why they haven't played really at all.

Like I said before you don't know basketball or at least modern basketball.
Did Toronto and GSW and Miami win titles playing small ball? Rhetorical question.

Without Dwight and Javale playing their roles to perfection, Lakers ain't winning a chip.

You think we win the West if we had Zubac and Beasley playing the 5 instead of Dwight and Javale? Lmaoooo

Did Toronto and GSW and Miami win titles playing small ball? Rhetorical question.

Without Dwight and Javale playing their roles to perfection, Lakers ain't winning a chip.

Did you really ask if GS and MIA who effectively had Draymond and then KD playing the 5 and Bosh in the Heat's case win by playing small ball? Never mind that Gasol basically got played off the floor during crunch time and Ibaka was the one who got off in last year's finals. Do you even watch basketball?

This whole idea that "modern basketball", with guys camping out above the 3 point line while leaving the middle of the paint wide open, is supposed to negate the effectiveness of the "modern big man" who is athletic and can defend the paint is flat out ridiculous.

I wouldn't get all caught up in that "modern hype" as if the game of basketball no longer needs big men. Lol

Back
Top Bottom