**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Did you really ask if GS and MIA who effectively had Draymond and then KD playing the 5 and Bosh in the Heat's case win my playing small ball? Never mind that Gasol basically got played off the floor during crunch time and Ibaka was the one who got off in last year's finals. Do you even watch basketball?
You obviously dont understand the impact of presence. Why do you think TOR acquired Gasol? To twiddle his thumbs? Lol

And if you think Draymond plays "small" you are sadly mistaken. Dray in his championship prime was a physical force who played bigger than his size. KD damn near averaged 2 blocks a game. How? Cause his 6'11" frame played "big" on defense. And how quickly you forget GSW's first chip when they had Ezeli and Bogut playing KEY ROLES defensively and offensively.

And btw...even though Bosh is finesse, he's a big who had a TON OF HELP from bigs like Haslem, Howard, Birdman, and Anthony. All brought in for interior defense, rebounding, and shot blocking duringg the Heat's title runs. Lest we forget.

Know your basketball bro.

You obviously dont understand the impact of presence. Why do you think TOR acquired Gasol? To twiddle his thumbs? Lol

And if you think Draymond plays "small" you are sadly mistaken. Dray in his championship prime was a physical force who played bigger than his size. KD damn near averaged 2 blocks a game. How? Cause his 6'11" frame played "big" on defense. And how quickly you forget GSW's first chip when they had Ezeli and Bogut playing KEY ROLES defensively and offensively.

Know your basketball bro.

GS literally took Bogut out of the lineup in 2015 and inserted Iggy into the lineup moving Dray to the 5 to win that first chip. I'm not arguing with you anymore cause you have zero idea what you're talking about.

Knock it off guys. They’ll play who they’ll play and hopefully as long as we win I don’t care if they start quinn cook at center

GS literally took Bogut out of the lineup in 2015 and inserted Iggy into the lineup moving Dray to the 5 to win that first chip. I'm not arguing with you anymore cause you have zero idea what you're talking about.
Let's make a bet. I bet you $100 that Dwight and Javale play significant minutes in the WCF and that you won't only see them in garbage time like you so adamantly claim.

You game?

Knock it off guys. They’ll play who they’ll play and hopefully as long as we win I don’t care if they start quinn cook at center
If Lakers started Cook at center, we'd still win the chip according to small ball fans since that's how modern basketball is supposed to be played lol

NT has turned into a gambling ring
Indeed it has. So many bets going on in the NBA thread lol. I dont even know if anyone keeping track lol

After seeing how many offensive guys take advantage of weak defenders in the playoffs, thank god we didn’t blow our load on D’lo this past summer. Yikes. Him for the max woulda been a disaster

Lols we don't got luke coaching...

Frank adjusts with the best of em

Team just needs to play within their game ( feast the paint- suffocating defense- be blessed and hit open 3s)

Reactions: DLF
The slurpage by national media is gonna be unbearable tomorrow when clippers win tonight

it will be a bunch of “ this clipper team is tested”. “Pressure builds diamonds, how the clippers grew in first two rounds. Unstoppable now”
that will help lakers stay focused at least so keep it coming national media

MVP MVP don't even faux with Bron and even he know it's optimal to have as much spacing as possible :lol:

Dwight and Javale should be played sparingly IMO.. and I'd rather have Dwight in more than Javale because 6-12 min of Javale is playing 4 on 5 and is always a -NET

Seeing way too many podcasts since Sunday asking the question “Lakers fans, who would You rather face, Denver or LAC?”

That is such an obvious question. Of course it’s Denver. The Clippers are obviously the harder of the two teams to go through. Doesn’t mean they are better then us but that they are “harder” bc they have Kawhi I’d rather play the easier or the two teams. I don’t give a **** about competition. I just want my team to win.

media and fans can’t have it both ways. Can’t hype in one direction and then hype on the opposite direction on a game to game basis. Reports are now calling Denver Juggernauts. No they are not juggernauts and are the type of team to make the WCF this year and get bounced in first round next year. I say this bc when clippers win tonight we will hear about how great nuggets were and how great clippers are for Taming them.

Like when lakers beat Houston, people starting saying “omg the rockets were always horrible. Lakers didn’t do ****”

Lost 2 games all Playoffs after everyone overrated the opposing teams and said they would knock the lakers off lol

Greatest 8th seed ever
Greatest scorer ever, Greatest offense, PJ Tucker gonna give AD nightmares
lost TWO games lol

So no matter who comes out after tonight they gonna get marginalized either way if Lakers win the WCF
Denver not gonna be ready/too young/no stars
Clippers gonna be never that good/so flawed

Lost 2 games all Playoffs after everyone overrated the opposing teams and said they would knock the lakers off lol

Greatest 8th seed ever
Greatest scorer ever, Greatest offense, PJ Tucker gonna give AD nightmares
lost TWO games lol

So no matter who comes out after tonight they gonna get marginalized either way if Lakers win the WCF
Denver not gonna be ready/too young/no stars
Clippers gonna be never that good/so flawed
And when clippers win tonight it will be:

“omg the clipper beat the mighty Denver Team that had the best center in the game and future mvp Jamal Murray”

The clipper nuggets series reminds me of lakers Houston years ago that went 7. We all know clippers are much better then Denver (hence the beat down game 1 and being up 19 in games 5 and 6)

Might sound weird but the clippers making it to WCF and losing would be better for us long term bc if they lose tonight, they may do something drastic to improve their team. Maybe trade PG13 and Lou and shamet for Giannis or something. Don’t underestimate West. We want them to keep same team next year so both Kawhi and George leave in the offseason for nothing

Wouldn't mind double OT tonight.

Don't care who wins, both are tough and present challenges, but I want it to be very close at the end. I want the stress and pressure on both teams late with guys havin to play 42-45 minutes on both sides. (And OT would increase that)

Let the chaos reign.
My son who I want to win tonight.

I said I want 7 overtimes, and I don't care. 🤣

-foe

Clippers got more talent
That usually indicates they'll probably end up winning

Nuggets got all the game 7 experience in the world tho and nothing to lose. which can be a recipe for disaster. also have the momentum. Murray needs to show up otherwise idk. Unless MAGA Porter Jr. has a crazy game lol. I mean we just seen Dort hit 7 3's or some **** and 30 pts lmao

Kind of crazy:

seeding games it was “do not play Portland. Please lose portland...damnwe got Portland.....wait a minute. Portland isn’t that good”

first round: “do not play Houston.Please lose houston. Stupid dort gets blocked. Stupid shai with horrible turnovers....wait a minute. Houston isn’t that good

Now in 2nd round “do not play LAC. Please lose LAC. Stupid Murray disappeared in 4th... “

Will it be “lac not that good...” hope so

8uvmb6zgndn51.jpg

Back
Top Bottom