**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

With Horford/Embiid in Philly...Freak and Lopez twins in Mil, Gasol/Ibaka/Siakam in Tor, and DJ/KD/Allen in BKN, it's clear the contenders are beefing up the frontcourt and adding as much length as possible to contend with the 3-headed monster that's about to take over Los Angeles

I can't even find out what happens until late tomorrow night. :smh: My phone won't turn on (T-Mobile is sending me a new one) and I don't get home from work until 8:30.

\
I can't even find out what happens until late tomorrow night. :smh: My phone won't turn on (T-Mobile is sending me a new one) and I don't get home from work until 8:30.

WTH

Seriously in this day in age your telling us that you rely only on your cell phone for internet access ? You don't have access to a pc or MAC at work?

\

WTH

Seriously in this day in age your telling us that you rely only on your cell phone for internet access ? You don't have access to a pc or MAC at work?
Everything that isn't work related is blocked.

Patrick Beverley Agrees To Three-Year, $40M Deal With Clippers.

Does this mean Clippers are officially out of the Kawhi sweepstakes?

Let’s be logical here:

Kawhi doesn’t really know where he is going yet. I’m sure he’s leaning one way but not fully sure. Otherwise he would have made his decision already.

He hasn’t met Jeanie or rob so he cannot make a fully informed decision yet. His people were probably also waiting to see what the clippers would do and they did NOTHING. Didn’t add another star. Now his decision is easier. Meet the teams. Get the feel for them. And go from there. No more “we are gonna do x y and z” from the clippers since all the stars are gone.

If no Kawhi, acquiring Dragic seems like a possibility

Edit: Bullock to Knicks

Last edited:
Kawhi not likely making decision until Wednesday.

Down to Lakers and Raptors via Cris Carter

Honestly, I'm not nearly as panicked as some of you guys (which is saying something, because last year I was a losing my s*** because I thought we might not get LeBron).

Even if we don't get Kawhi, I still really like a lot of the prospects available. If you look up a lot of the free agent signings from yesterday, it was very reminiscent of the first day a free agency in 2016 where a lot of awful were handed out very hastily.

If you look at things now, only a handful of teams still have cap space, putting us in good position to swoop in and get a lot of the players that are left on good deals.

Much as I love Cali

Can’t even front, I’ll live anywhere for 5 years for $50 Ms

4/140 vs 5/190

But then again we ain’t multi millionaire athletes so who knows.

Can he make up that $10 M per year in marketing money as a Laker?

Honestly, I'm not nearly as panicked as some of you guys (which is saying something, because last year I was a losing my s*** because I thought we might not get LeBron).

Even if we don't get Kawhi, I still really like a lot of the prospects available. If you look up a lot of the free agent signings from yesterday, it was very reminiscent of the first day a free agency in 2016 where a lot of awful were handed out very hastily.

If you look at things now, only a handful of teams still have cap space, putting us in good position to swoop in and get a lot of the players that are left on good deals.

If he doesn't decide until Wednesday. Literally everybody else that's available now could be gone.

I think Boogie is really in play now with the D'Lo trade.

there’s like 3-5 contracts I would’ve been ok with the Lakers handing out yesterday. Everybody got paid. Glad that wasn’t us.

Yea that part was brazy. Even Corey Joseph getting 10+ mil a year. Gotta hope Seth and some others hold out.

Klaw on the way but worst case scenario we have 32 mil in cap space to spend.

I’d go after:
Seth Curry / Tyus Jones (R)
Danny Green / David Nwaba
Delon Wright / KCP
Morris twins / Vonleh / J Green
Kevon Looney (R) / McGee

Back
Top Bottom