**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Seeing a LOT of Heat in 7
Also seeing a lot of checkmark Twitter saying “lakers Vegas favorites but the money is bullish on Miami”

Can't Beat LA on IG.

20200929_062245.jpg

Got mine yesterday

My dawg. Good looks

Seems like the media nerd are all picking the Heat. Not outright but if you read between the lines they are like

lakers are great but heat CAN win in 6 (wink wink). Then they give 25 reasons why the heat will win....Remember a lot of these guys are Boston based. Somehow the Heat are now light years better then Denver according to most. I personally think Denver was second best team in the nba these playoffs. But that’s just me

we will see what happens I suppose. Somehow in the last 3 days Spoelstra has gone from a great coach to Gandolph from the Lord of the Rings. I keep hearing about “what trick is Eric gonna throw at LeBron...” etc etc

I think Dwight's gonna continue to be big for us this series, despite how versatile & athletic Bam is he does not have to be guarded at the three.

he has taken ONE three point attempt this series, which means more of Dwight protecting the basket/helping on boards. Hell even if they start running the pick & Roll, Jimmy has also only taken 30 threes. So i could see dwight playing a major role containing the pick & roll there.

I think Dwight's gonna continue to be big for us this series, despite how versatile & athletic Bam is he does not have to be guarded at the three.

he has taken ONE three point attempt this series, which means more of Dwight protecting the basket/helping on boards. Hell even if they start running the pick & Roll, Jimmy has also only taken 30 threes. So i could see dwight playing a major role containing the pick & roll there.
Yes. Lakers need to play Dwight for sure. None of this small ball crap. Vs Houston you had to bc tucker lived at the corner 3 but bam can literally only score within 10 feet of the basket. Just put a hand up. Also if he’s going then at least Dwight can rough him up a bit.

in round 2 he saw slow *** Brook Lopez. Last series they had no centers. Make them work

Also, atlsfinest atlsfinest i listened to the Podcast too this morning (ringer) and the one guy was CLEARLY biased against the lakers. Super nerd talking about eastern conference basketball was so much better to watch lol He said this Heat team was hardest matchup the Lakers have faced...totally ****ting on the playoff MVP Jamal Murray and Jokic and at the same time not saying that these lakers are the best team the Heat have played lol. Somehow the Pacers bucks and celtics were all time teams the heat took down but the lakers played a “worse then we though Blazers, rockets and Nuggets” teams
can heat win? Sure. Of course they can. But if you heard the commentary around the league you’d think the Heat were favored

I could see that, I do worry about him having to defend all that motion and dribble handoff action cause everybody does it not just Joker and Murray. I hope Vogel has finally stopped with Javele period going forward.

Yes. Lakers need to play Dwight for sure. None of this small ball crap. Vs Houston you had to bc tucker lived at the corner 3 but bam can literally only score within 10 feet of the basket. Just put a hand up. Also if he’s going then at least Dwight can rough him up a bit.

in round 2 he saw slow *** Brook Lopez. Last series they had no centers. Make them work

Also, atlsfinest atlsfinest i listened to the Podcast too this morning (ringer) and the one guy was CLEARLY biased against the lakers. Super nerd talking about eastern conference basketball was so much better to watch lol He said this Heat team was hardest matchup the Lakers have faced...totally ****ting on the playoff MVP Jamal Murray and Jokic and at the same time not saying that these lakers are the best team the Heat have played lol. Somehow the Pacers bucks and celtics were all time teams the heat took down but the lakers played a “worse then we though Blazers, rockets and Nuggets” teams
can heat win? Sure. Of course they can. But if you heard the commentary around the league you’d think the Heat were favored

Nobody wants us to win, gonna be a whole lot of that going around outside of Socal media. Especially on The Ringer.

**** em, let's get 17.

PnR coverage might be relatively easier than what they have had to deal with because most of the Heat guys aren’t insane pull up shooters so you don’t have to play AS high.
Dragon and even Herro both drive or step back

Watching the Jump...

They just said the Heat had a tougher road to the finals....

Boy they are really trying to create narratives...
Ya I listened to the Zach Lowe pod today (I know. Wtf is wrong with me) and they had JVG in on and they literally spent 80 percent of it slobbering over the Heat offense. If you heard it- you would think the Heat were the 2016 warriors scoring 150 a game. Maybe it’s my fault for not watching the Heat play much so maybe they are amazing - I did watch a few games and I was confused how they were winning. Seemed weird that their offensive game plan was hoping two rookies would hit shots for them

Watching the Jump...

They just said the Heat had a tougher road to the finals....

Boy they are really trying to create narratives...
Ya I listened to the Zach Lowe pod today (I know. Wtf is wrong with me) and they had JVG in on and they literally spent 80 percent of it slobbering over the Heat offense. If you heard it- you would think the Heat were the 2016 warriors scoring 150 a game. Maybe it’s my fault for not watching the Heat play much so maybe they are amazing - I did watch a few games and I was confused how they were winning. Seemed weird that their offensive game plan was hoping two rookies would hit shots for them

It's crazy. The Lakers a huge favorites but every media outlet I've listened to is telling me the Heat are better. It reminds me of the Portland series where the Blazers became the trendy pick to upset us and got destroyed

It's crazy. The Lakers a huge favorites but every media outlet I've listened to is telling me the Heat are better. It reminds me of the Portland series where the Blazers became the trendy pick to upset us and got destroyed

they need viewers they need people to tune in. So they make it seem it’s worth watching because the mighty lakers may lose

Heat offense has not been as good this playoffs as any of the teams Lakers beat. Heat have just been able to persevere deficits and grind out wins. Jimmy hasn’t had many heroics this last round and a half tho

Back
Top Bottom