**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

And really this team doesn't need another 20+ PPG scorer, just an "innings eater" that can get them 12-13 PPG. play competent defense and ease some of the ball handling for Bron during the regular season.

Oladipo hasn't been healthy since 2018, LaVine and Buddy are chucking losers.

Eh, getting another star caliber player increases the margin of error and lessens the load on Bron next year in what may be a packed season if they trying to get back on a traditional schedule. We can bring the Waiters of the world back while giving Caruso and THT more responsibility. Also curious to see what happens with Boogie.

Bogdon is lining up for a big deal, he's not coming.

I would probably trade Bradley to open up playing time for THT and/or a re-sign ed Waiters. Sacrifice some defense for added offensive punch.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kuz asked out so he could put up numbers and get paid.

In a regular year maybe he does, but we're gonna be dealing with a lower cap, Teams at the bottom at the margin are gonna be hesitant to spend w/o knowing the status of next season & revenue etc etc.

On top of that 2021 is the year where a big portion of the NBA is going to have cap room & a lot of great players will be moving around too. I think guys like the ones i named will be interested in taking a one year deal to get to FA in 2021.

One year rental, who can become a third option on the Lakers, competing for a championship & getting to work off the space Bron & AD create. For a player like Bogdon that is an ideal place to raise your value even higher. I think circumstances makes this feasible.

I personally do have a lot of faith in THT, but I wouldn't drop Bradley for him he was a good 2way guy for us & can also some ball handling duties. Him, Rondo/Caruso/THT is enough ball handling when they have Lebron

Screenshot_20201003-072513_Chrome.jpg

Gimme Lowry or German Rondo who you probably could get for not a lot since OKC is going full rebuild.

All those dudes have player options or guaranteed deals next year not team options.

Just Checked, i messed up a bit everyone else is actually signed to 2year deals except KCP & Rondo who have player options. KCP making 8.5 he's definitely coming back :lol: , & given Rondo's history & this teams trust in him I think he comes back too

Just Checked, i messed up a bit everyone else is actually signed to 2year deals except KCP & Rondo who have player options. KCP making 8.5 he's definitely coming back :lol: , & given Rondo's history & this teams trust in him I think he comes back too
Rondo may opt out and we give him a slight raise.

In a regular year maybe he does, but we're gonna be dealing with a lower cap, Teams at the bottom at the margin are gonna be hesitant to spend w/o knowing the status of next season & revenue etc etc.

On top of that 2021 is the year where a big portion of the NBA is going to have cap room & a lot of great players will be moving around too. I think guys like the ones i named will be interested in taking a one year deal to get to FA in 2021.

One year rental, who can become a third option on the Lakers, competing for a championship & getting to work off the space Bron & AD create. For a player like Bogdon that is an ideal place to raise your value even higher. I think circumstances makes this feasible.

I personally do have a lot of faith in THT, but I wouldn't drop Bradley for him he was a good 2way guy for us & can also some ball handling duties. Him, Rondo/Caruso/THT is enough ball handling when they have Lebron
Bogdon isn't accepting a one year deal for the MLE (I see the team protecting 2021 cap space). He's already 28 and hasn't gotten paid big yet. Laker spotlight be damned, Kings would match that offer anyways.

I do think there will be under the market free agents the team can get because of the financial squeeze incoming.

I HATE how people always wanna add a “lakers are too good...this was expected now that bam is hurt”

they just throw that in as a subtle jab

as if Bam didn’t get dominated in game 1 and Olynk scored 24 in his place

Screenshot_20201003-072513_Chrome.jpg

Gimme Lowry or German Rondo who you probably could get for not a lot since OKC is going full rebuild.
German Rondo would be kinda cool but what about real Rondo :lol:

but yeah a dynamic guard like that and bring back boogie would be great ways to improve the roster. Boogie replace McGee
Also gotta find another reliable shooter because relying on just KCP and Rondo has been kinda rough lol

Lakers NOT named KCP or Green shot 13/27 from 3. Thats 46 percent.

point is. In that first half Kcp and green were too trigger happy.Too many quick 3s.

Danny Green missed like three 3s in a 45 second stretch at one point. I don't know what his purpose is at this point.

Danny Green missed like three 3s in a 45 second stretch at one point. I don't know what his purpose is at this point.
All from the exact same spot too

he’s trash man

I almost don’t care about however good his defense is he been like 27% shooter

I pray Bam plays and does good.
I guarentee he won’t play better then how Olynk played. Bam has one move. He’s undersized at the end of the day and were NOT rolling out Theis

they got to the line whenever they wanted. Any touch was a foul on us and we were still up 12-14 most of the game.

Howard def needs to play more. If we gonna shoot 3s. I wanna see AD and LeBron take at least 5 each.

I pray Bam plays and does good.
I guarentee he won’t play better then how Olynk played. Bam has one move. He’s undersized at the end of the day and were NOT rolling out Theis

they got to the line whenever they wanted. Any touch was a foul on us and we were still up 12-14 most of the game.

Howard def needs to play more. If we gonna shoot 3s. I wanna see AD and LeBron take at least 5 each.

Offensively they got more production from Kelly than BAM. Dragic was the key for them and his injury is much worse.

Back
Top Bottom