**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Nothing Dwight said there was outrageous. It was all pretty standard free agency talk, "I would love to come back with the money has to be right". He played well enough to earn a guaranteed contract at the very least and if we're not willing to give him that much then I totally understand him leaving. This is a business after all and Dwight has to look after him and his family.
True but going back to what I said days ago

in an off-season when money is tight, everyone opts our and asking for moar money lol. Makes no sense. Maybe they get humbled come Friday? OR people do have money and wanna spend all of a sudden

Nothing Dwight said there was outrageous. It was all pretty standard free agency talk, "I would love to come back with the money has to be right". He played well enough to earn a guaranteed contract at the very least and if we're not willing to give him that much then I totally understand him leaving. This is a business after all and Dwight has to look after him and his family.
Same thoughts. He was really good last season, did all the dirty work with no complaints and a huge positive on and off the court.

True but going back to what I said days ago

in an off-season when money is tight, everyone opts our and asking for moar money lol. Makes no sense. Maybe they get humbled come Friday? OR people do have money and wanna spend all of a sudden

We don't know yet. A lot of teams were saving up their cap space for next off-season but with Giannis likely off the table, maybe teams will be more willing to spend this off season. Regardless, We can't knock Dwight for trying to put himself in the best position

WCS > Noel
maybe they can sway aaron baynes

KCP sign and trade for DDR
please no

DeRozan is a better player than Pope in a vacuum but on this team specifically, Pope feels a better role. With the addition of Schroeder we've filled our ball handling and playmaking need. Not really sure what the Derozen adds to this team

DeRozan is a better player than Pope in a vacuum but on this team specifically, Pope feels a better role. With the addition of Schroeder we've filled our ball handling and playmaking need. Not really sure what the Derozen adds to this team
I think it’s just reporters talking out of their asses

Lakers been super tight lipped about things

It all depends on how much Kcp wants vs how much other teams wanna give him

hypothetically if ATL wants Kcp and pay him 18 mill a year, RP might want to do lakers a favor and tell ATL we will do that if they can do sign and trade for one of their players. Etc. insert any other team in that scenario. All highly unlikely.Kcp probably staying for 15 mill a year. But the trick is the free agency of 2021

lakers are in a super strange situation

we have 5 key free agent role players during a championship window WHILE at the same time trying to set up for next off season and keep cap flexibility.

We wanna keep Morris Howard Bradley and KCP badly...but only wanna give them 1 year deals. But if we lose them we give up all our momentum and chemistry and possibly our championship team.

we are walking a fine line between a 2nd round exit and a championship

all our problems woulda been solved if none of those players had player options

I say we give Howard Morris and Bradley 2 year deals with team options for next year. And give Kcp a real multi year deal. I wouldn’t bank on Giannis. I think that’s foolish.

Beal in 2022?

I was thinking Jrue would be realistic, but he'll be able to to leverage Milwaukee for another huge contract after what they have up for him.

If Rondo has to leave, I would rather him go to a place like Atlanta where we don't have to worry about him in the playoffs. Hopefully he gets a big payday.

I was hoping the Lakers would go after Gallinari. Assigning with a team like Atlanta goes against what Gallinari said about prioritizing winning but money talks

Got a feeling DeRozan rumor is the decoy and Pelinka working on a big name trade behind the scenes in stealth mode.

Since he knows BKN bout to have a big 3.

Back
Top Bottom