**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

chqimgg0lhl61.jpg

So with Blake seemingly going to the Nets, I wonder if we have a better shot at Drummond if he is bought out.

I have a feeling AD gets back right and we’re approaching game 55-60 we’ll be fine.
Bron has been to the finals every year since 2011 besides 2019.
Crazy

What incentive does Cleveland have to buy him out when they can trade him for assets?
He’s not a scrub... he’s still an all star level player

I’m not a cap wizard, but why would you let a player of that stature go for nothing?

You guys want Drummond and Jones on the squad?

I mean we all know AD at the 5 and Lebron at the 4 is going to unlock everything for this team. Doesn’t make sense for me to use this opportunity to sign a guy that just isn’t going to be playing all that much, and probably not at all during the end of games.

I'm posting this Kobe Bryant purple #8 jersey that I got recently in the spirit of the NBA All-Star Game.

I'm glad I finally got one which made me realize it was a good thing I never got an authentic Nike or Reebok version back then because they were made f'd up with the wrong layered stitching detail for the letters and numbers, and the overall cut of those retail jerseys were wrong too.

I also like how Mitchell & Ness replicated this one with the black band when the Lakers wore it that during the 1999-00 season to mourn Wilt Chamberlain. I even noticed there was more thickness on this version too.
IMG_5016.JPG
IMG_5017.JPG

Off topic but they should give shaq his flowers while he’s here..feels like he doesn’t get appreciated much.

Off topic but they should give shaq his flowers while he’s here..feels like he doesn’t get appreciated much.

If Shaq would shut up sometimes it would be easier to give him his flowers. But as of late he as turned into a hater.

If only this Lakers team could shoot like Lebrons star team... yikes.

Last edited:
Can the Lakers match this?

Kyrie
Beard
KD
BG
DJ

Nets now have the size and length and outside shooting advantage as well.

I like Jones, but we need to make one more solid move imho

Which of the potentially available defensive guards gives Harden the most fits is what I wanna know

Shaq has a statue outside of Staples Center and his jersey retired in the rafters. How much more appreciation does he need from the Lakers.

What incentive does Cleveland have to buy him out when they can trade him for assets?
He’s not a scrub... he’s still an all star level player

I’m not a cap wizard, but why would you let a player of that stature go for nothing?

No team in the league is going to give up a valuable asset (first round pick or promising young player) for Drummond who has 4 months left on his current deal. Unless Boston panics and sends the Cavs a package of Marcus Smart and some solid young guys which would be out of Danny Ainge’s character based on how he has conducted himself in the past.

He’s an unrestricted free agent after this season. Why give up assets when he can be bid on in the open market in July- and likely at a discount because Drummond’s style of play is nearly completely phased out (see Greg Monroe... I googled him the other day and was horrified).

The incentive to the cavs is that he doesn’t factor into their longer term plans as they anticipated he would, his presence on the roster takes away from another guy they just traded for (Jarret Allen) and by buying him out they can pay Drummond a smaller portion of his big contract, ostensibly saving a few million.

As for Drummond being an “All star level player”- not anymore. He’s an elite rebounder and gets an unusually high number of steals for a big, but he doesn’t stretch the floor at all and hasn’t adapted his game enough to fit modern styles of play. That is to say, he is a Dinosaur. Although he is a super star for fantasy basketball purposes.

Last edited:
8. Los Angeles Lakers | PR: 1 ↓
Andre Drummond to Los Angeles?
With Anthony Davis sidelined and Dennis Schröder missing a stretch due to COVID-19 protocols, the Lakers have slipped in the West standings. There’s no reason to panic, but the front office is looking for frontcourt depth.

League sources say they have interest in free agent DeMarcus Cousins, but Drummond is their preference if he gets bought out. Drummond has been benched while the Cavaliers seek a trade, but there’s doubt around the league that they’ll be able to find one due to his massive $28.8 million salary.

If Drummond does end up hitting the buyout market, consider the Lakers and Nets as the two favorites to add him.

I have to imagine Drummond could at least fetch a second or two if you're Cleveland.

Can the Lakers match this?

Kyrie
Beard
KD
BG
DJ

Nets now have the size and length and outside shooting advantage as well.

I like Jones, but we need to make one more solid move imho

Which of the potentially available defensive guards gives Harden the most fits is what I wanna know
I’d be more worried about getting past Utah, Phoenix and LAC.

Our team has 2019-2020 clippers written all over it.
Slow center. Backup c too small. Injuries. Bad coaching. People crowning us before we have won anything yet with this team. Team simply relying on “flipping the switch” Caruso and kcp going Hollywood and sucking.

we will see how things go. Vogel made Lebron the 7th highest minute player the first half in his 18th season. Lebron has broken down like crazy as the season has gone on. Let’s see if Vogel can get him some rest. AD injury. How bad is it? How long will it take to get into shape? Too many questions to ask before thinking about the finals

Last edited:
I dunno, I haven’t seen this dood play in years. I’d rather just split wes minutes between AC/THT if it’s coming down to OTTO PORTER.

how has he looked since washington?

Depends on his health. He ain't been healthy since he got to Chicago. But if healthy, he's the big wing you want/need.

Otto Pippen could be a game changer.

Slow news day, but found this interesting:

I remember there was a small contingent in here that wanted LaVine at the time. I was an Aaron Gordon advocate myself.

Back
Top Bottom