2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

Alright so here are my predictions for the 2019/2020 NFL regular season:

AFC North
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
Bengals

The Browns win their division by a slim margin over the Steelers. Both the Steelers and the Browns make the playoffs while the Ravens miss out as teams are better prepared to game plan against their run first style offense. Bengals struggle with new systems and a new coach.

AFC East
Patriots
Dolphins
Jets
Bills

Not much change here, 1 horse race. Dolphins show progress with new head coach Flores, QB coach Caldwell and Rosen under center. Jets miss out on the playoffs despite making inquisitive signings this offseason. Bills have another player retire during a game, but this time at the end of the 1st quarter.

AFC South
Colts
Titans
Jags
Texans

The hardest division to predict. All of these teams when healthy are potential playoff squads. Colts have the best offensive line in the league, a very solid young secondary and a good ground attack to help out Luck. With Pressure on Mariota, I believe he performs well and has his best season yet. Jags have their man in Foles but the offense lacks enough firepower to be legit, while the Texans struggle to stay healthy at important skill positions on both sides of the ball finishing in last.

AFC West
Chargers
Chiefs
Raiders
Broncos

Chargers win their division with a relatively favorable schedule, only facing 4 teams that made the playoffs last season. Mahomes puts up MVP numbers again but the Chiefs defense is still Swiss cheese. Antonio Brown is still Antonio Brown, but Derek Carr is not Big Ben. Broncos still are searching for their QB as Flacco gets benched regularly throughout the season and Philip Lindsay is a one season wonder as he destroys Nick's narrative.

NFC South
Panthers
Saints
Falcons
Bucs

My favorite division in the NFL. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the most volatile franchise in North American professional sports history, the Carolina Panthers follow up their disappointing 2018 campaign with a 2019 division title. Age finally becomes a factor with Brees as we see a slight regression on his numbers. Falcons still can't find a defense to complement their skilled offense, and it's Jameis last year in Tampa.

NFC East
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Washington football team

The Eagles prove why sticking with Wentz was the correct decision as he helps leads his team to one of the best records in the NFL. The Cowboys are a playoff team with a great defense, but still don't have enough offensive firepower with Dak under center. Giants flip flop between Daniel Jones and Eli Manning, with no clear evidence in which QB is better. Washington stumbles out of the gate early, as they have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL, while Dwayne Haskins struggles but shows promise.

NFC North
Bears
Packers
Vikings
Lions

Bears win their division with the best defense in the league as Trubisky improves off of his stellar 2018 season. Packers and Aaron Rodgers right the ship as he finally has more control over the offense. Vikings still have questions and concerns regarding Kirk Cousins, as he still can't lead a team to the next level. Lions stink after firing their best coach in franchise history.

NFC West
Seahawks
Rams
49ers
Cardinals

Seahawks reclaim their division as they host a talented RB by committee backfield and Russell Wilson shows why he's one of the best QB's in the league. Rams struggle a bit offensively as Gurley misses games with arthritis in his knees and we debate in here about his value. Niners and Jimmy G show great progress but the team still has too many holes to fill to reach the playoffs. The Cardinals, Kyler Murray and Kliff Kingsbury have no idea what the hell they're doing.

This is a very well written and intelligent post. I can tell you really know your ****. Take this rep

I’m not gonna even get bent out of shape not seeing people having the packers winning the division. This team has been entirely rebuilt top to bottom in a span of one year including management and we haven’t seen anything yet.

But I expect to win the division. Can’t wait for the opportunity against the bears in the season opener to see what LaFluer and this new offense is about. I like Pettine and it looks like we did a good job drafting and signing talent to this defense but I’m as pessimistic as ever with our defense and will believe they’re good when I see it. At the very least there should be an improvement which is better than anything we’ve had over the years while we made it to multiple conference championship games.

Also the Bears can suck my ***.

I’m not gonna even get bent out of shape not seeing people having the packers winning the division. This team has been entirely rebuilt top to bottom in a span of one year including management and we haven’t seen anything yet.

But I expect to win the division. Can’t wait for the opportunity against the bears in the season opener to see what LaFluer and this new offense is about. I like Pettine and it looks like we did a good job drafting and signing talent to this defense but I’m as pessimistic as ever with our defense and will believe they’re good when I see it. At the very least there should be an improvement which is better than anything we’ve had over the years while we made it to multiple conference championship games.

Also the Bears can suck my ***.

5900b72ac65c5.png

Back
Top Bottom