NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

DING DING DING!!

Edit: Correct. Taxi 12 was November of 96.
For a second I was like, hmmmm, I must’ve imagined waiting in the parking lot in November ‘96 for my local Sports Authority to open that morning.

Don't have to do any research, "kid." I was around for it all. The 12's still came in the black/red/brown Nike box. The black/white/red 13 (HGG), 2 colors of the Team 1, and the Jordan Trainer were the first shoes released under the Jordan Brand designation in the silver Jordan boxes in the late fall of 97, and there was a giant media roll out for it. Wikipedia or whatever source you're trying to use there is also wrong.
But J, don’t you know Wikipedia is the ultimate source for facts?

That's not what Im getting my info, I wanted something in black and white, since everyone in here is a jordan expert. Show me something to back up your claim.

Hahaha, I'm a teacher and I have to tell my students this at least once a week.

Vile.in.Va Vile.in.Va You're wrong on this man. You have multiple OG's in here letting you know you're wrong. Just stop. There was a gigantic media blitz about Jordan Brand for this. 12 may have been the model that was out when it was announced that Jordan was getting on offshoot company, but make no mistake about it, the 13 was the first shoe released by "Brand Jordan." Period.

Off topic but on the QC stickers that we get on retros now what do the numbers mean? For instance one of my Infrareds had 13 the other had like 5.

Last edited:
Hahaha, I'm a teacher and I have to tell my students this at least once a week.

Vile.in.Va Vile.in.Va You're wrong on this man. You have multiple OG's in here letting you know you're wrong. Just stop. There was a gigantic media blitz about Jordan Brand for this. 12 may have been the model that was out when it was announced that Jordan was getting on offshoot company, but make no mistake about it, the 13 was the first shoe released by "Brand Jordan." Period.

Kids use the internet as a fact checker, some of us actually lived it

More evidence.

Ohhhh man, I'd forgotten all about the Rosie interview with Blackstreet :lol:.

I definitely still have both sets of socks, and I THINK I still have the short sleeve shooting shirt. Pretty sure I also still have a Flight Suit that had a short sleeve jacket/top that was released for the Playoffs.

I always thought the first actual Jordan brand sneaker was these the Jumpman team 1
9E300489-F718-46DD-854F-4CA1935AAD05.jpeg

but the actual first numbered Jordan was the xiii

I always thought the first actual Jordan brand sneaker was these the Jumpman team 1
9E300489-F718-46DD-854F-4CA1935AAD05.jpeg

but the actual first numbered Jordan was the xiii

Correct. Those and the white/black pair, plus the Trainers all dropped on the same day a couple of weeks after the 13. Everyone kinda forgets about the Trainers, but those Team 1's were the first non-flagship hoop shoe released by Brand Jordan.

That’s the problem these days, every kid with WiFi is now a sneaker expert.

I love that the culture has grown so much but there is a huge difference if you actually grew up with it.

Agreed. I usually just keep it moving when I see these posts, and the nonsense today is exactly why. Some of the stuff being spouted in the Infrared 6 thread was comical.

jshortt jshortt

Out of curiosity, how do you categorize the Jumpman Pro, which if I recall, released before the official Jordan Brand launch?

jshortt jshortt

Out of curiosity, how do you categorize the Jumpman Pro, which if I recall, released before the official Jordan Brand launch?

That's a tough one. My first thought was to say the Jumpman Pro was the first non flagship Jordan to be released, but what do we call the AJKO? Is it a 12 takedown model? The easiest way to go is probably to call it the first non flagship performance Jordan. And damn, did I ever love that shoe!

Was out all day since this “argument” popped off. Props to my fellow compatriots who lived it as well for making the point. I have a mint copy of the 100-Percent Mike issue of Slam that features the first print ad campaign for the brand, built around the 13. Not bothering to post it here. We all know.

Damn and I just was killing time scrolling through interesting looking threads...glad I stumbled on this gem of a convo about the first Brand Jordan shoe...I remember all of it as I had graduated HS June 97...so this was all after that and pretty easy to remember what dropped and the excellent CEO commercial. Who needs the internet when your memory still functions 100%?

That's a tough one. My first thought was to say the Jumpman Pro was the first non flagship Jordan to be released, but what do we call the AJKO? Is it a 12 takedown model? The easiest way to go is probably to call it the first non flagship performance Jordan. And damn, did I ever love that shoe!
I know this will be an unpopular statement, but the Pro really was the first fusion. It had XI and XII features. It really was the "test" shoe to give an idea to Nike if this was really legit or not. The separation from Nike I mean. I ran to the mall for em.

Back
Top Bottom