NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

They should just stick mostly to Tinker's colorblocking formula and maybe release some new CWs in those formats kinda like they do with OG 1s. The motorsport 4s are a good example. Same for the black version. They look good because they're black cements with blue instead of red (although they should have been durabuck rather than leather). It's not that difficult but for whatever reason they stay trying to reinvent the wheel.

They should just stick mostly to Tinker's colorblocking formula and maybe release some new CWs in those formats kinda like they do with OG 1s. The motorsport 4s are a good example. Same for the black version. They look good because they're black cements with blue instead of red (although they should have been durabuck rather than leather). It's not that difficult but for whatever reason they stay trying to reinvent the wheel.
That's why JB's losing its appeal

Jordan isnt losing its appeal. People just dont want anything with a jumpman where Nike Air should be but theyre too hardheaded to submit to it. There are some goofy colorways that come out every month but those are forgettable and I dont consider the lack of sales on those to be representative of how the brand is doing overall. People dont like wack ****, doesnt matter if its produced by Jordan Brand or Louis V. Thats why Tinker's colorblocking works so well. Because he's good at what he does. But it seems they have a bunch of tryhards making creative decisions now who want to emulate the classic formula he laid out but they dont get it. Keep things fun but dont croos over into corny. Tinker never did, but they jump over that corny line like Jesse Owens. (Those blue and orange 5s) When they do it right, things sell out fast. The brand is still very strong. They just need to do a better vetting process on the tryhards that have no taste and shouldnt hold the position they do at the moment. The 2 heads that started all of this are clearly absent from the most recent business decisions regarding releases. They should pop in more often to crack the whip.

I really wish they would consider releasing all of the original classics in their original form for a premium price that allows Nike to go all out on them with no expenses spared and that allows whoever wants them to purchase them in peace. Something like 300-350 for an Air Jordan that is actually meticulously made how it used to be. No compromises. Rebuilt from the ground up.

No other company has this kind of heritage to work with. Its unprecedented and they need to realize what it is they own. Air Jordans are an american icon, like chuck taylors. Respect our collective history and memories by releasing what we had and what they were built on.

Jordan isnt losing its appeal. People just dont want anything with a jumpman where Nike Air should be but theyre too hardheaded to submit to it. There are some goofy colorways that come out every month but those are forgettable and I dont consider the lack of sales on those to be representative of how the brand is doing overall. People dont like wack ****, doesnt matter if its produced by Jordan Brand or Louis V. Thats why Tinker's colorblocking works so well. Because he's good at what he does. But it seems they have a bunch of tryhards making creative decisions now who want to emulate the classic formula he laid out but they dont get it. Keep things fun but dont croos over into corny. Tinker never did, but they jump over that corny line like Jesse Owens. (Those blue and orange 5s) When they do it right, things sell out fast. The brand is still very strong. They just need to do a better vetting process on the tryhards that have no taste and shouldnt hold the position they do at the moment. The 2 heads that started all of this are clearly absent from the most recent business decisions regarding releases. They should pop in more often to crack the whip.

The Nike Air thing is a stretch because the younger generation didn't even know about it until the 2013 with the 1s and 3s. Only those who have been born around the time of the original run and collectors have stressed the Nike Air because they grew up with it and know that's how the shoe is suppose to be.

JB was at its peak when the Jumpman was all over, Nike Air hasn't been around since 2001, and came back recently with the 88's, and during that time JB has it's highest growth.

Shoes were still selling out in the mid 2000's with the Jumpman, I remember you couldn't get a pair without camping out or knowing someone that worked at FL. Now it's all the collaborations and exclusives getting this much attention but it's because of resellers, with the growth of the internet it's gotten much worse.

I think it's a combination of saturation, price and the ****ty quality of the shoes also the kids love what the raper love, and most rappers aren't endorsing JB.

In the 80s and 90s, you had the Air Jordan of that year and maybe the year before to choose from. That's it. The introduction of the team and the pro Jordan was great, but it started the wave of way to many Jumpman shoes to choose from. The business side I get. Make more shoes, sell more, make more money. But the buyer goes into a retail store and sees a wall of 25 different styles of Jordan. The average 10-15+ kid don't know or care if that's a 4 or a 6 retro of an original. There are too many styles to choose from and its watered down the "appeal" to the younger generation.
I am pretty sure if a kid is 10 or so and are into sports, they are gonna know the Jumpman symbol. But that don't guarantee they know MJ his career, or his history in the game and his shoes. When your young, you don't look back a lot. When you get older, you do. The Nostalgia of Air Jordan is built to satisfy the older, and to attempt to create new younger buyers at the same time.
Overall, I believe they have been very successful at that. They don't want to give us a 100% perfect retro because they don't have to. They want us buying the same shoe again in 5 years. Michael Jordan drove the brand with what he was doing on tv in our living rooms. Its just not the same now. Russ is a great ball player, KD, Lebron, SC also. But they aren't making me want to buy their shoe. But younger kids may disagree with that statement I don't know. When a Jordan came out back then, you had 3-4 diff colorways 5 at most. Now there are 30. And half the shoes in stores are never worn regularly by the athlete because they have their own pe on. The Jumpman will always sell well. But its now just become another brand among many others. Do I still think its the best brand out there? Yes I do. Next to Nike obviously.

Jordan brand wouldn’t thrive if they just released the OG and first gen of retro+. We may like them, but the younger generation doesn’t care. The 4 was the highest selling Jordan shoe last year without any OGs. Jordans still sell even in non OG new colorways. Those saying they’re not used to a wall of retros must not have been around from 2008-2010 where many retros sat. My footaction has the varsity red 6s, next to the Oreo and pistons and lakers 6s. Next to them was the silver anniversary 1s, 2s, 4s, 9s, etc. Everyone hated the Sweater 7s and 3peat 8s, yet I saw them EVERYWHERE. Jordan has already charged premium price. Y’all need to let go of the mindset that they’ll make 100% copies of the OG and then sell them for a high price. They care more about money than they do about whether NikeTalk is satisfied.

And NO, I think Jordan brand is getting lazy with the 1s and using the same colorway setup with different colors(sbb, all star, Bred Toe, Gold Toe, purple toe, pine toe).

Jordan brand wouldn’t thrive if they just released the OG and first gen of retro+. We may like them, but the younger generation doesn’t care. The 4 was the highest selling Jordan shoe last year without any OGs. Jordans still sell even in non OG new colorways. Those saying they’re not used to a wall of retros must not have been around from 2008-2010 where many retros sat. My footaction has the varsity red 6s, next to the Oreo and pistons and lakers 6s. Next to them was the silver anniversary 1s, 2s, 4s, 9s, etc. Everyone hated the Sweater 7s and 3peat 8s, yet I saw them EVERYWHERE. Jordan has already charged premium price. Y’all need to let go of the mindset that they’ll make 100% copies of the OG and then sell them for a high price. They care more about money than they do about whether NikeTalk is satisfied.

And NO, I think Jordan brand is getting lazy with the 1s and using the same colorway setup with different colors(sbb, all star, Bred Toe, Gold Toe, purple toe, pine toe).
I hate to say, but I agree with all this. I take what they give. Some retros have been awesome in my eyes. Some, not so much. I Just buy what I know I will like, or leave it.

Im happy with what I have at this point. Do I want closer to OG well yeah. But what they have put out so far is good to me. JB gonna do their thing. Im gonna buy what I like. Leave what I don't...Simple. Hope these fire red 4s deliver for the real heads.

had OG 89s in my size for the longest, but got rid of them when the soles started separating...still have mars blackmons in decent condition but man, they’re terrible.

i’m in for these, without a doubt.

the last fire red retro was so horrible it completely changed my view of thr shoe. this was probably in my top 5 before those released I was so excited for that release! camped out , almost got into a fight cause I was 1st in line and some dude tried to line Jack me lol. then i got them.. the shape and color was off, they cracked the 1st time i wore them. ugh.. everytime i see a pair now they just look so fake too me. i really hope jb do these justice and make me a believer again!

Last edited:
the last fire red retro was so horrible it completely changed my view of shoe. this was probably in my top 5 before those released I was so excited for that release! camped out , almost got into a fight cause I was 1st in line and some dude tried to line Jack me lol. then i got them.. the shape and color was off, they cracked the 1st time in wore them. ugh.. everytime i see a pair now they just look so fake too me. i really hope jb do these justice and make me a believer again!
Not a cool story at all. I hope they get it right for ya also. Fire reds are due to be done right.

the last fire red retro was so horrible it completely changed my view of thr shoe. this was probably in my top 5 before those released I was so excited for that release! camped out , almost got into a fight cause I was 1st in line and some dude tried to line Jack me lol. then i got them.. the shape and color was off, they cracked the 1st time i wore them. ugh.. everytime i see a pair now they just look so fake too me. i really hope jb do these justice and make me a believer again!
not worse than the 2012 White Cements 4s

I personally loved my '12 wcs! things were tanks for me. the grey was too dark but it was the 1st time they released in years. we had fire reds in '06 and lasers. idk the '12 fire reds just completely turned me off the shoe!

Back
Top Bottom