2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
8838A6DA-501E-4592-BF55-23E5229E1DFC.jpeg

Nike can do the materials perfectly, and even get the shape right, but sadly, they still won't get the tongue height correct! It's going to be too short and won't look like the OGs (the entire holes in the tongue were above the collar height of the shoes back in '91, as seen in the Mars/Genie poster above). The high tongue was the big thing when these released back in. '91! The tongue with the holes stood out and made the shoe so so different! Loved my pairs when I was in 8th and 9th grade.

Nike can do the materials perfectly, and even get the shape right, but sadly, they still won't get the tongue height correct! It's going to be too short and won't look like the OGs (the entire holes in the tongue were above the collar height of the shoes back in '91, as seen in the Mars/Genie poster above). The high tongue was the big thing when these released back in. '91! The tongue with the holes stood out and made the shoe so so different! Loved my pairs when I was in 8th and 9th grade.
So true on this. The high tongue with the holes in it set them apart from everything else at that time. It was crazy. Thats what we were talking about when we were kids. The J with the high tongue that had the holes, not the materials used.

At least there’s no hard toe box

1. If thats them.. no leathered heel and possible boot toe
2. Probably UA's
3. WTF kind of weak *** preview is that supposed to be

I understand the high tongue is og, but in regard the height it’s been (2000-present), I can’t say I have a problem with the current tongue. Being a little higher would be fine, but I’m not sure if I’d like it as high as MJ’s pairs.

It is strange that JBs official NDC photos have og height tongues, but none of the actual pairs did. They stay doing that McDonald’s ad vs real burger type stuff
029B0FCA-6779-46A9-B4A6-778F194E3C01.jpeg
73CD9437-42BE-4528-9B0F-9FA52195CF80.jpeg

Last edited:
I realize Jordan had the 7’s on at 5:11 of this video: . But I remember my cousin saying Kobe was the first to do the reverse pivot move from the post. It was over the Thanksgiving holidays a few years ago, but I pulled that YouTube video up real quick lol. I wish Jordan Brand would show more love for 6s, 7s, and 8s seeing as that was the Bulls first 3 peat. Can’t wait for this infrared 6 release

I understand the high tongue is og, but in regard the height it’s been (2000-present), I can’t say I have a problem with the current tongue. Being a little higher would be fine, but I’m not sure if I’d like it as high as MJ’s pairs.

It is strange that JBs official NDC photos have og height tongues, but none of the actual pairs did. They stay doing that McDonald’s ad vs real burger type stuff

That's because the first photo shows the tongue pulled up while the second photo is how they come out the box. The tongue is the same and it's not original 1991 height.

Carmine’s are so beautiful. Really hope these get the remaster treatment soon.

That's because the first photo shows the tongue pulled up while the second photo is how they come out the box. The tongue is the same and it's not original 1991 height.
Nope. To my knowledge and eyes, pretty much every shoe in the Nike.com official photos is a sample. These tend to have different features than the retail pair

Nope. To my knowledge and eyes, pretty much every shoe in the Nike.com official photos is a sample. These tend to have different features than the retail pair

How are you going to tell me when I have the shoe and know how it came in the box. I also worn them and know how the tongue does.

I have to disagree here. The tongue on the 6 with the lace pocket didn’t move up or down that much. That lace pocket is engaged in both photos along with the lace lock. There isn’t enough slack to allow that tongue with engaged lace pouch snapped to the tongue to sag down that much in the side photo. You can even see the top of the pouch where the snap is in that side photo. That height has to be a difference of at least an inch and a quarter to an inch and a half. The laces enter the lace locks from the side on the side shot. The angle shot the laces enter the locks from the front. That clearly is a different tongue and a different shoe pictured in the side shot than it is in the angle shot.

Last edited:
I have to disagree here. The tongue on the 6 with the lace pocket didn’t move up or down that much. That lace pocket is engaged in both photos along with the lace lock. There isn’t enough slack to allow that tongue with engaged lace pouch snapped to the tongue to sag down that much in the side photo. You can even see the top of the pouch where the snap is in that side photo. That height has to be a difference of at least an inch and a quarter to an inch and a half. That clearly is a different tongue.
Neither my white or Black Infrared could reach that height, even with pulling. Neither could my brother’s Carmine. Those are samples. That pair is not being pulled by some invisible hand. Pretty much every promo sample has features that are better than the retail pairs. 3s tend to have perfect shape, some 6s have the high tongue, 7s have perfect shape not on any retail pair, same goes for 13s. almost all visible jordan size tags on the Nike.com pics have sample tags

Last edited:

Am I the only one that feels like the Carmine doesn't look like the Carmine?? While we're on the subject of retro's not being better/identical reproductions ....I figured I'd ask.

I think it bothers me most. I let go of my CDP's and didn't get the more recent retro... 2014 also, right? The problem is, I can't pinpoint what all is wrong with it. Color...for sure.

Back
Top Bottom