2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Speaking of 2000, are these ever going to come out again?
kmezl4yrs1ar9docclqp.jpg

Definitely in to get a pair. But wouldn't be surprised if everything for the most part is right without 3 m. Basically a retro of the 2000 version is what I'm expecting.

Which is terrible. It’s one of the best looking retros period.

Yeah it sucks but they are 18 years old and I did beat them, got plenty of good wears out of them. Still got the pair from the infrared pack to wear but if these do drop and are done right I’ll definitely be copping.

Definitely in to get a pair. But wouldn't be surprised if everything for the most part is right without 3 m. Basically a retro of the 2000 version is what I'm expecting.

That what I’m thinking too...These will likely be 1:1 with the ‘00 pair...

Im always intrigued by this shoe as I had the original release back in the 90's. That said I never did like that plastic ankle piece as it always cut into the back of my ankle. I may pass on these as my passion is the 5.

first ever jays when i was a kid, so these were always held in high regard...but the 2014s are just so underwhelming that they barely get any run in my rotation.

2019s are an instacop for me...fingers crossed that materials and comfort are there.

As someone who had 2 pairs of the black/infrared OGs back in 8th grade (91), and still has his 2000 pair in pretty darn good shape, I'm SUPER excited!! Count me in for a pair, maybe 2. Just one thing Nike? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us the OG tongue height! The low tongue on 6s look horrible. The holes were a HUGE part of the shoe back then and having the tongue high showed them off.

ip6itd2dpu15tdxjim7l.jpg

THIS picture (thanks to @mjdalegend for posting it) it was got me so geeked back in the day. 1991 Wheaties Air Jordan calendar. Go to December and saw this pic (remember, no way of seeing the newest sneakers until they showed up in store) and freaked!! I studied this shot for days with my friends trying to figure out what I was looking at as they were a HUGE difference from the 5s. What are those holes? Are they a pump system (silly thoughts but Reebok was killing it with The Pump at the time).

But I kept looking at this picture until the day I walked past Footlocker in Montgomery Mall in PA (just around All-Star weekend '91) and spotted them!! WHOA!! Super sleek, all the holes on the upper, the pull tab, clear soles. I wanted a pair (and got one not long after at Dimmers in Lansdale, THE place for discounted sneakers). This shoe brings back SO MANY MEMORIES!!!

I’ve personally never been fond of Black infra 6’s. There are so many Black based Jordan’s I always found better like BC 4’s and my memory with 6’s are def attributed to the White infra 6’s. These taking the place of BC4’s has me upset. With BC4’s all they have to do was replicate the 2016 mold of the WC4 and it would be great imo but I have no faith in JB giving us a new mold for 6’s. It’s literally gonna be banana toe from 2014 with NA on the back. Black Infras have way too much detail that JB just doesn’t have it in them to capture. If we get 3m holes, we won’t go get the leather/durabuck combo. If we get the leather/durabuck combo, we won’t get 3m holes. If we some how get both, the color of infrared will be completely off. There’s no positives with this release. The best we get is better than the trash 2014 version and better than the Varsity red and Infra pack from 2010 but not as good as the 2000 pair. Better off giving us a leather upper white infra 6 to gauge reaction to quality.

Black Cement 4 > Black Infrared 6’s
White infrared 6’s > Black Infrared 6’s
Charcoal 7’s > Black Infrared 6’s

Last edited:
I would be in in made right and have the Nike Air. I still haven't broken out the last infrared. Tried them on and they hurt my feet so I never put them on again. I do still wear my varsity reds though.

Did you just say charcoal 7 > infrared 6?!?!

4CB5533E-FD93-4F1C-ADFB-B2CAE9C9CC1F.gif

I’ve personally never been fond of Black infra 6’s. There are so many Black based Jordan’s I always found better like BC 4’s and my memory with 6’s are def attributed to the White infra 6’s. These taking the place of BC4’s has me upset. With BC4’s all they have to do was replicate the 2016 mold of the WC4 and it would be great imo but I have no faith in JB giving us a new mold for 6’s. It’s literally gonna be banana toe from 2014 with NA on the back. Black Infras have way too much detail that JB just doesn’t have it in them to capture. If we get 3m holes, we won’t go get the leather/durabuck combo. If we get the leather/durabuck combo, we won’t get 3m holes. If we some how get both, the color of infrared will be completely off. There’s no positives with this release. The best we get is better than the trash 2014 version and better than the Varsity red and Infra pack from 2010 but not as good as the 2000 pair. Better off giving us a leather upper white infra 6 to gauge reaction to quality.

Black Cement 4 > Black Infrared 6’s
White infrared 6’s > Black Infrared 6’s
Charcoal 7’s > Black Infrared 6’s

He did the 2000 version. He also made the Katrina/HOF pair too.

Well I’m def not mad at the 2000 version. One of the best IMO. If they come like that but with the 3m that would be more than good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom