2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
As someone who had 2 pairs of the black/infrared OGs back in 8th grade (91), and still has his 2000 pair in pretty darn good shape, I'm SUPER excited!! Count me in for a pair, maybe 2. Just one thing Nike? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us the OG tongue height! The low tongue on 6s look horrible. The holes were a HUGE part of the shoe back then and having the tongue high showed them off.

ip6itd2dpu15tdxjim7l.jpg

THIS picture (thanks to @mjdalegend for posting it) it was got me so geeked back in the day. 1991 Wheaties Air Jordan calendar. Go to December and saw this pic (remember, no way of seeing the newest sneakers until they showed up in store) and freaked!! I studied this shot for days with my friends trying to figure out what I was looking at as they were a HUGE difference from the 5s. What are those holes? Are they a pump system (silly thoughts but Reebok was killing it with The Pump at the time).

But I kept looking at this picture until the day I walked past Footlocker in Montgomery Mall in PA (just around All-Star weekend '91) and spotted them!! WHOA!! Super sleek, all the holes on the upper, the pull tab, clear soles. I wanted a pair (and got one not long after at Dimmers in Lansdale, THE place for discounted sneakers). This shoe brings back SO MANY MEMORIES!!!
Awesome post. Same for me as well. This pic started it all for me. I was 10. I actually was all into Reebok Pumps at the time. This shoe turned me. I had the originals but they were beat hand me downs. I never had more pride in a pair of shoes that had holes worn in the toe box. I wore them till they literally fell apart on me.

They didnt “end up” like that. That’s how they released. Are you trolling?

The original pair had a contrast upper. The 2000 recreated the look. So did the DMP 6.

Not trolling. I owned a pair of 2000 infrared 6, as well as the DMP 6, and those had durabuck heel . They turn that “shiny leather” after wear and age. I believe that it is because they used a thinner cut of the duruback to wrap around the mold of the back heel (or whatever keeps it form up).

And it makes no sense, durabuck was use a synthetic leather? So in a sense it is durabuck

Last edited:
Not trolling. I owned a pair of 2000 infrared 6, as well as the DMP 6, and those had durabuck heel . They turn that “shiny leather” after wear and age. I believe that it is because they used a thinner cut of the duruback to wrap around the mold of the back heel (or whatever keeps it form up).

And it makes no sense, durabuck was use a synthetic leather? So in a sense it is durabuck
I don’t believe you. If you owned a real pair, you could easily see the sheen or waxed look on the 2000 pair. I owned a pair and have pics.

Here’s a 2005 sample photo taken in 2007.
72A3AB26-D970-4877-9517-C0451998E74D.jpeg
C1D41CE6-020B-4ABB-90F8-7CE9CE1D6382.jpeg

Here’s a photo of the DMP taken by solee collector in 2007 that they featured in the 2007 Air Jordan 23 issue. It was taken a year after the DMP dropped and has the sheen/waxed/contrast look.
88313436-2452-42D0-9B33-F6ADDEE390CA.jpeg

This photo was seen in a February 2005 SC magazine. The pair released in August of 2000 so that’s four years and some change later.
76D940A5-ED63-434B-AD50-9D2A0235C551.jpeg

Idk why people come on NT with false claims that misinform people. It’s really annoying

Last edited:
IMO 6 = 7 = 8 >>> all
And i'm sure that the 6 2019 infrared will be perfect!
2014 were just horrible.
Last year, 6 were annonced in july idk if people remember, but for my part i remember. The 6 are just my favorite pair of all time before the 8 and the 7.
First memories when i was young, the poster vs Barkley in mondial basket a french magazin, and i said ‘’whaou who is this guy in the air, the guy behind want to hit him! But Magic was so nice with his big smile, why Mike and Barkley are so violent? Basket ball in usa must be really different. It must be another world. They are crazy.´´ and finally my first OG pair was the 8 bugs bunny. Even if i loved the 8 (that is my favorite pair of all time), i do knew that the 6 should be extraordinary. So that is the reason i want these 6 in feb 19.
What a good news. The problem is, 14 last shot, concord 45, and maybe another 8 bugs bunny with a better quality than 2013, or another 7, maybe the charcoal. Terrible!!!

IMO 6 = 7 = 8 >>> all
And i'm sure that the 6 2019 infrared will be perfect!
2014 were just horrible.
Last year, 6 were annonced in july idk if you remember of that, but for my part i remember. The 6 are just my favorite pair of all time before the 8 and the 7.
First memories when i was young, the poster vs Barkley in mondial basket a french magazin, and i said ‘’whaou who is this guy in the air, the guy behind want to hit him! But Magic was so nice with his big smaile, why Mike and Barkley are so violent? Basket ball in usa must be really different. It must be another world. They are crazy.´´ and finally my first OG pair was the 8 bugs bunny. Even if i loved the 8 (that is my favorite pair of all time), i do knew that the 6 should be extraordinary. So that is the reason i want these 6 in feb 19.
What a good news. The problem is, 14 last shot, concord 45, and maybe another 8 bugs bunny with a better quality than 2013, or another 7, maybe the charcoal.

Check out Pearl Jam's MTV Unplugged, Eddie Vedder had them on during that classic performance. WAAAAAH!

Pearl Jam, Anthrax, Megadeath, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers all got down with the VI’s...Eddie on unplugged is iconic though, and he legitimately wore his pair of Black Infrareds to death...

Garry Shandling, Will Smith, Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, even Batman for crying out loud...And it wasn’t relegated to celeb’s and Hollywood players either...People genuinely liked this model...

There isn’t another Jordan that was so widely embraced by such a diverse spectrum of people than the VI...1’s might come close but the 6’s hold the crown...

Black / Infrareds were the colorway you saw the most though...

I’m not even going to dignify your ignorance with a response bro.ive already responded with photos from 91. Y’all got it
Wow man. I agree there is a diff of material in the heel. But at quick glance it does look the same as the rest of the shoe. 6s and 7s durabuck do look pretty close.

Wow man. I agree there is a diff of material in the heel. But at quick glance it does look the same as the rest of the shoe. 6s and 7s durabuck do look pretty close.
They may look similar, but they’re not the same. My post a while back showed that the og had the leathery look. I believe the whole shoe was durabuck, just different textures. The 7s had the same texture that the front of the Infrared 6s had. This picture shows the difference. The 6s are smoother looking.
A154B7B3-ED3D-49BC-A75B-399AC0359D0B.jpeg

These pairs are all from the same collector on IG
48930352-6916-43E6-9B29-A2F9B639B927.jpeg
2C898126-35BA-4CC8-8A2C-BB383A4389B5.jpeg
32EC34D3-A2C7-4221-9936-D10694114982.jpeg

Last edited:

upload_2018-6-5_14-15-10.jpeg

no

air-jordan-6-OG-infrared_08.jpg
air-jordan-6-OG-infrared_05.jpg

air-jordan-6-OG-infrared_03.jpg

Its not worn down durabuck lol

stop imagining history. The 2000s had the same material as the rest of the shoe. The OG (pictured above) had the leathery material found on the metallic 5s a year before. Tinker probably designed it that way to contrast against the black Nike Air on the back. Then whoever ran JB at first changed it to all one material because they didnt deserve the position they were in and damned sure didnt deserve that paycheck.

Aside from the 4 and the 3. Every black based Jordan OG from 5-14 had a contrast upper with two different materials or aesthetics.

Then, Younger people who don’t know anything about the shoes claim its due to age. I’m only 25, but I know how to use google.

I don’t believe you. If you owned a real pair, you could easily see the sheen or waxed look on the 2000 pair. I owned a pair and have pics.

Here’s a 2005 sample photo taken in 2007.
72A3AB26-D970-4877-9517-C0451998E74D.jpeg
C1D41CE6-020B-4ABB-90F8-7CE9CE1D6382.jpeg

Here’s a photo of the DMP taken by solee collector in 2007 that they featured in the 2007 Air Jordan 23 issue. It was taken a year after the DMP dropped and has the sheen/waxed/contrast look.
88313436-2452-42D0-9B33-F6ADDEE390CA.jpeg

This photo was seen in a February 2005 SC magazine. The pair released in August of 2000 so that’s four years and some change later.
76D940A5-ED63-434B-AD50-9D2A0235C551.jpeg

Idk why people come on NT with false claims that misinform people. It’s really annoying

Lol, you’re going to make me look for my old photobucket/tinypic accounts just to find the pairs I owned

Here’s what I am getting from you
The back heel is durabuck but the reason for the “leather look” is because of the different material, not because of age?

The shoes did not look that shiny when you pull them first out of the box

Here’s what I am getting from you
The back heel is durabuck but the reason for the “leather look” is because of the different material, not because of age?

The shoes did not look that shiny when you pull them first out of the box

For the 91 pair, YES!!!
The 2000 tried to recreate the look. Those weren’t an all durabuck shoe that eventually had ONLY the heel lighten over time. It sounds to me like you never noticed the detail if you actually had them, and now you don’t remember.

Pearl Jam, Anthrax, Megadeath, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers all got down with the VI’s...Eddie on unplugged is iconic though, and he legitimately wore his pair of Black Infrareds to death...

Garry Shandling, Will Smith, Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, even Batman for crying out loud...And it wasn’t relegated to celeb’s and Hollywood players either...People genuinely liked this model...

There isn’t another Jordan that was so widely embraced by such a diverse spectrum of people than the VI...1’s might come close but the 6’s hold the crown...

Black / Infrareds were the colorway you saw the most though...
It wasnt just celebrities, a whole lot of kids had them. The 5s lit the fuse. The 6 is when the whole thing blew wide open. Then the 7s came out and it looked like a Jordan 6.5, I remember not even being sure it was the New Air Jordan when I first saw it. For some reason I remember thinking 'another Air Jordan already?'

For the 91 pair, YES!!!
The 2000 tried to recreate the look. Those weren’t an all durabuck shoe that eventually had ONLY the heel lighten over time. It sounds to me like you never noticed the detail if you actually had them, and now you don’t remember.

I hear you, I just don’t agree with you, and that’s okay.

Although I would like to know the material that the 2000 had, because as far as I remember and from pictures posted it was a full durabuck, that includes the DMP as well

Back
Top Bottom