2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
All the hate for the 2014s, and now they're better than the 2019s?
I would never buy the 2014 release. Ever. What a joke indeed. I did pick up multiples of the 2019. And I’m all for changes from the OG if it’s better changes. For instance making the Nike Air the infrared color instead of black. I never agreed with the decision to make the logo match. Not in 1991 and not now. Good thing there’s Angelus!

Keep in mind they were trying to get rid of Nike branding, but were required to keep it for a number of models (until the 7?), so blacking it out on the 6 was probably a design decision to minimize it as much as possible.

Do you own a pair of the 2019 infrareds??
Stayed up past the witching hour just to secure a pair for myself on release day. Following that, a '14 pair off GOAT for $220. Both still unworn.

As a more collector-minded head whose shoes generally don't make contact with the ground, what I can tell you is, last year's retro is queued up for wear soon, not due to being of the opinion that they're more appealing or comfortable, but simply for the fact that I prefer to keep the aesthetically superior retro preserved.

All the hate for the 2014s, and now they're better than the 2019s?
'19 > '14 is still the consensus. The relative hate for them is still alive and well. An individual opinion to the contrary doesn't change that, e.g., '05 Flints = '10 Flints, '07 Aquas > '15 Aquas, let the '13 Black/Varsity Red-White 13s live and so on, eyes-wise.

I still haven’t even worn my pair yet :lol:
I doubled up on these and wore them once in the soon to be 2 years since they dropped. Only even got to wear them when I put on a whole fit just to go to FedEx back in July. :lol:
These things are a beauty though. I still pull em out to look at em every now and then.
20190914_100643.jpg

I still haven’t even worn my pair yet :lol:

Same here, and I have three of them.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I doubled up on these and wore them once in the soon to be 2 years since they dropped. Only even got to wear them when I put on a whole fit just to go to FedEx back in July. :lol:
These things are a beauty though. I still pull em out to look at em every now and then.
20190914_100643.jpg

Did you add the white lines to your pair?

Keep in mind they were trying to get rid of Nike branding, but were required to keep it for a number of models (until the 7?), so blacking it out on the 6 was probably a design decision to minimize it as much as possible.
But yet the Carmines?? It wasn’t possible to minimize it there?

But yet the Carmines?? It wasn’t possible to minimize it there?
Yes it was. But they made it a point to differ from the White Infras. Carmines were worn the following season of its debut. So it had to stand out differently from the other releases knowing what they were gonna do with the 7.

Yes it was. But they made it a point to differ from the White Infras. Carmines were worn the following season of its debut. So it had to stand out differently from the other releases knowing what they were gonna do with the 7.
So they wanted to move away from Nike branding, yet in order to highlight the carmines from the other releases they decide to.....make the Nike BRANDING POP. That’s hilarious. JB, consistently inconsistent for decades. But I’m glad they did it. One less 6 that I have to paint :rofl:

So they wanted to move away from Nike branding, yet in order to highlight the carmines from the other releases they decide to.....make the Nike BRANDING POP. That’s hilarious. JB, consistently inconsistent for decades. But I’m glad they did it. One less 6 that I have to paint :rofl:
Believe it or not the Carmine color scheme was a little radicle for that time. The Nike Air support was by design. The other 6s with a white base were intentionally done with the NA branding whitened out. They wanted the Jumpman to begin to stand out. The Carmine was a shoe that had crazy colors for its time. Very loud. Maybe they felt the NA branding would help the new color scheme. Which was a first for the 6.
Or maybe, Tink just said hey, let the branding stand out on the last Jordan we will do that with.

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe infrared NA would have been highly pronounced, and white on white on the carmines didn't look good....Not sure how that all went down ;-).
Bro I would love the black/infra with the infra nike air
And the white would look crazy too just so much pop on the colorways. I like the og style too but idk why the red string like on the travis scott 6 and reverse infra is so dope looking.

I was browsing through wrestling videos and found this video of Kevin Nash wearing the Black-infrared 6. :wow: This is from 2002, so it had to be the 2000 6s. They are really fresh too, he must have kept them on ice. The infrared pops on screen too. :nthat:

Bro this Is so dope! It reminds me of watch NBA on TNT then watching WCW when I was young with my pops.

Back
Top Bottom