2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
If that was the final product I’d cop one pair, but id need to see more pics before I’d consider doubling up.

Production is typically ongoing for 3 months.(give or take a month)
So if we havent already got the official pics , we'll get them within 2 wks, if feb. is the official drop.

Last edited:
My 9 yr old nephew is already taken care of. I found a vnds pair of these at Buffalo Exchange for $35. Now if I could only get myself a pair that cheap :ohwell:

I quoted you to say that because you said the heel panel portion doesn’t look good?

And I was explaining that despite you thinking that, it’s an OG feature and there’s plenty of people who want a true OG retro.

No idea why you quoted me to tell me your age as if it has anything to do with you wanting OG features or not.

Er, in fact it absolutely has something to do with me wanting OG features.

You seem to have misread my post in terms of the point I was making ... in the sense that YEAH, I understand why people want a true OG retro. I'm one of them. I owned two pairs of them in 1990. I never said the "anodized" ankle panel doesn't look good on the OG or that I don't want it, I said it doesn't necessarily look good if they were to implement it with the current idiotic molded ankle bump--an ankle bump which is a long damn way from how the OGs are. Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ 's post illustrated that, which is what we were talking about. And what I said is, you can't have the true OG look if they anodize the ankle but keep that ankle shape the way it is. Often with these retros, getting an OG-accurate look isn't as simple as one detail. That is what I said originally.

It's all good, man. Sometimes things aren't clear or get lost in interpretation when reading posts on a forum. Pretty sure we're on the same page.

You seem to have misread my post in terms of the point I was making ... in the sense that YEAH, I understand why people want a true OG retro. I'm one of them. I owned two pairs of them in 1990. I never said the "anodized" ankle panel doesn't look good on the OG or that I don't want it, I said it doesn't necessarily look good if they were to implement it with the current idiotic molded ankle bump--an ankle bump which is a long damn way from how the OGs are. Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ 's post illustrated that, which is what we were talking about. And what I said is, you can't have the true OG look if they anodize the ankle but keep that ankle shape the way it is. Often with these retros, getting an OG-accurate look isn't as simple as one detail. That is what I said originally.

It's all good, man. Sometimes things aren't clear or get lost in interpretation when reading posts on a forum. Pretty sure we're on the same page.

Yep misunderstanding famb.

In a somewhat unrelated matter, I really want the Carmine’s to get another release. These need a NA and the remaster treatment so I can sell my CDPs lol.

Funny you say that. I hated the carmines back in '91. Thought they were ridiculous (not in a good way) for the longest time. Now, I think they are rad. I want them to come back, too. No accounting for how tastes change LOL

Son..

The first time I seen the Carmine’s in the CDP pack in person.. my jaw dropped.

It wasn’t even my pair. It was some dude who just copped.. he pulled them out the box outside the store while I was still waiting.

When I got my pair.. it only made it even more exciting / satisfying.

Love the Carmine’s.

You missed out by not getting those IMO. Those were a really good retro. If 2019 Black/Infrared are at least as good as those I’ll be happy.

Believe me, Steve ... I tried hard to like and want them. As mentioned, had OGs, love the metallic 5. Just something about that retro was wrong to me, even though it was really good compared to what we've gotten for years. The sheen of the buck and especially that over-exaggerated tongue just felt off to me each of the four times I picked them up in a store and could have bought them on the spot that week or so of the release. Now, when the white/fire reds (3M tongue) come back, I'm all in even if those details are the same as they were on the metallics.

I think i get your point on og details.

It’s like seeing the 2011 concord with the same low patent leather and reverse jumpman, but the 23 is stitched and the patent leather has white edges. It’d be weird seeing og details on a completely different mold. Kinda like getting every 92 color on the 2011 Bordeaux 7 right, but keeping that weird 2011 shape/mold. Right?

I think i get your point on og details.

It’s like seeing the 2011 concord with the same low patent leather and reverse jumpman, but the 23 is stitched and the patent leather has white edges. It’d be weird seeing og details on a completely different mold. Kinda like getting every 92 color on the 2011 Bordeaux 7 right, but keeping that weird 2011 shape/mold. Right?

Ya basically. It's not complicated. We all gripe about OG details. But sometimes (probably most of the time) it's not just one thing. Putting that anodized ankle panel with the idiotic ankle bump wouldn't look right, either.

Design--and I know at least a bit about it professionally, though I am not a pro designer--is about cohesiveness and the totality of the individual parts. That gets lost on NT a LOT. But you get it.

Back
Top Bottom