[[ 2019 LA LAKERS SEASON THREAD | 23-19 ]]

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by licensed to ball, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Yes as long as it is on a weekend!

35.7%
  2. Yes, any day of the week

10.0%
  3. Dont think I will be able to

21.4%
  4. Will need more info on the date and game before I can find out

32.9%
  1. Maximus Meridius

Maximus Meridius

"Last year, during the Golden State series that I talked about earlier, fans apparently shouted racist comments at African-American players on the Warriors.

Talking about the difference between playing at home compared to on the road during the series against the Jazz, Warriors forward Stephen Jackson said, "Well, we're not hearing racial slurs, we're not hearing people wishing for me to go to jail. That's the difference for me. I'm loved here in Oakland."

Jason Richardson said he and his teammates were caught off-guard by the slurs.

"That was something new. It shocked all of us," he said. "We weren't expecting that. I mean, [Jazz fans] were trying to get into our heads any way they can, but I couldn't believe anybody would stoop that low. It's nonsense.

"Whether it's taunting a life-threatening illness or lobbing racial slurs, the Utah Jazz have some very disturbing fans. For someone to be able to chant and yell things like that and still feel alright with themselves is sickening.

"In all my years as a sports fan, yes this is [the most disgusting display of character]," Azzam said

“Couldn’t believe it,” Barnes told Cowherd. “More N-words than probably had black people in the whole city, so it was a really racial situation and people say anything now because there’s no consequences for it."

"Speaking of, the former No. 3 overall pick also referenced an incident when a fan in Salt Lake City told him he was going to be kicked out of the country once Donald Trump was elected President as well. Nevertheless, in the same breath, he intimated that his relationship with the Jazz is much improved."

Whole lotta stuff about those fans. They trash.

tyisny and Lizakers like this.
  2. sorianotron

sorianotron

beas iso > BI iso

3. D_eezus

D_eezus formerly zombifed nach0

Fixed!!!

geno90221 likes this.
  4. ByleBuzma

ByleBuzma

Zu still gets pushed out of position in the paint too much. I feel like he’s had enough time to build enough strength to at least hold his position and not miss so many softly contested bunnies.

5 more min of PT won’t make up for that short coming that doesn’t seem to plague Bryant.

Another thing to consider: Zu has 1 more year of experience on Bryant and Bryant has caught up/surpassed what Zu is currently with fewer reps.

BTW- Anyone else notice how nonchalant Zo is towards basically anything and everything in the game except when Zu is out of position or not getting to the right spots on offense. He got pretty upset with Zu the other night on a few possessions. Bron doesn’t seem impressed either. Just an observation...

Zu and TB were both second round picks. I quickly glanced at Spotrac and they’re both RFA’s on July 1. Salary difference was almost negligible I think.

Signing a player that has yet to really show a whole lot to this inflated contract that your talking about doesn’t sound like it’ll work because hypothetically whoever Zu got traded to would have to look at his salary and be like “yeah we’re comfortable paying that”. Trading for a guy that on a lot of nights looks like he doesn’t even belong in the league wouldn’t interest a lot of teams, even if they’ve got Ingram included in that deal.

Salaries would have to be matched but I really don’t think that artificially inflating Zu’s value is even a consideration. His performance will need to match his salary. Lakers will be in the playoff race so barring further injury to chandler or McGee... I don’t see Zu getting enough burn to convince anyone that he’s worth this inflated number you guys are talking about.

Bryant was doing well in the G league for the lakers but that didn’t translate to the few looks he got with the main squad. He didn’t show enough...

Wizards are giving him better opportunities and he’s been looking better than Zu at this stage.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  5. goldmember

goldmember

Those players out wont matter as long as Mitchell and Ingles are playing :lol:

Those two alone are more than enough. Really need Zo to be aggressive. If he somehow limit Mitchell to under 15 pts then i like our chances

6. titang545

titang545

LOVE it especially that 41 points and no assists. If he can just be a quarter of what Kobe is that is still at least 1 more ring with him and another chance in the finals.

7. titang545

titang545

Outside of his defense what do you think Kuzma needs to work on going into year 3. Personally I would like him to work with Hakeem down in Houston on the dream shake, and posting up. Not necessarily become a back to basket player however, add that ability to his game in case he gets a heavier defender on him. The commercial of Kyrie playing his dad has a very familiar move that I saw a certain number 8 do numerous times, spin into the paint, jab step and shoot. With today's freedom of movement I can't imagine what the dream shake would do to defenders because of his length. Also add more lower body strength, because he is still getting pushed around on defense when someone bodies him up. His shot is good, but raise his long range percentage up some more.
    856875932.0.jpg

8. fayetnam

fayetnam

On bro Grayson Allen racist, Joe ingles racist, Kyle Korver racist, quin Snyder racist, and most of all Gordon Hayward racist. Don’t believe me then why Gordon Hayward vote for trump n follow Fox News? Belee dat.

sorianotron likes this.
  9. sohi 23

sohi 23

Yeah that’s ugly.

Vegas usually knows.

10. tyisny

tyisny

I wish i could place a bet right Now

11. tonelow

tonelow

The Zu vs Bryant decision is interesting because I think it also swayed the draft.

I've been wondering why they went with Mo Wag instead of Mitchell or Williams, who are similar to the bigs they seem to covet (Chandler and McGee).

I guess the decision was Mo and Zu vs Bryant and one of M Rob/Williams.

Hopefully Mo turns into a player, but so far it looks like that was a mistake.

12. titang545

titang545

Word Hayward, I don't like his game never knew it was like that with Hayward.

13. Lizakers

Lizakers

Come on fellas....everyone's a racist these days smh......just cuz you watch Fox and vote for Trump doesn't make you a racist. Maybe they're just fiscal conservatives who want to pay less taxes.....you can't lump people into groups like that and call them all racist. Not right. And how would a racist be a basketball player? He touches black people, get their sweat on him, probably grew up alongside them playing ball, laughing, hugging, touching.....how can you hate that whole race and be so close to them your whole life? Makes no sense to me. This type of thinking is what got Trump elected.....the backlash of white people being sick and tired of being called racist or politically incorrect. Can we go back to calling people racist for real racist actions or racist speech, not just because of a haircut or a channel they watch on TV?

Jazz got 3 guards on the roster tonight :lol: But Ingles, Gobert and Mitchell gonna kill us

God likes this.
  14. titang545

titang545

Personally don't care if he is or isn't not a player I am a fan of either way. Just hoping to give his old team a Hot L tonight.

15. moonman818

moonman818

If you support Trump and you watch Fox News you are at the very least a “racist sympathizer”
    And being racist isn’t about touching or not wanting to play defense on black people :lol:

That said this ain’t the thread for that!

BI with 25 8 6
    Lonzo 14 6 12
    Kuz 28 8 0

16. had pants

had pants

17. noblekane

noblekane

calm down hulk hogan

18. sohi 23

sohi 23

I don’t have the athletic but they dropped an interview they did with Luke today and I wonder if there’s any good info/tidbits :nerd:

zube42 likes this.
  19. fayetnam

fayetnam

No cap. Go to his ig click following. You gon see Fox News. And they was pics of him rockin maga apparel.

But like moonman said this ainn the thread for that.

20. Lizakers

Lizakers

He also has a post for MLK day. Y’all buggin.

21. sorianotron

sorianotron

we got this tonight, if i remember correctly Kuz did well defensively against ingles last time we played

should be some favorable match ups for us, no reason we cant win

Lizakers likes this.
  22. mr j 858

mr j 858

Niketalk as a website and community can easily be viewed as a racist website where black people are the majority on here.

Believe that even if Meth will NEVER release the demographic stats

23. Delusionallakerfan

Delusionallakerfan

Jazz by 15

24. sohi 23

sohi 23

upload_2019-1-11_18-12-38.jpeg

fayetnam and noblekane like this.
  25. fayetnam

fayetnam

Lucky for me I use my neighbor WiFi and only use incognito and private safari browser.. so niketalk ainn gon count me in that

And I ainn remember fillin **** out besides maybe age. Niketalk really on some Cambridge analytica ****?