**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

18-7 might.
Clips will fall a bit. Kings will lose some that’ll help too

Worried about minny maybe tho

His last two years in Cleveland he didn’t really have to enter playoff mode until the playoffs lol seeding didn’t matter to him in the east and even if he went .500 post-asg in the east he was a shoe in to make the offs. So stats a little skewed.

Numbers may not change much but prob has more to do with tenacity which all of y’all have a prob with (and even I do sometimes)

I’m not counting out Doc . Clips will play hard and win games with lesser talent, like they did in Boston.

Someone said it, the key will be Kuz and some others helping Lebron

Bottom line, we need health.

Hart stronger, Bron rested, Ball back soon, Rondo/McGee rested, and we'll have a shot.

1-2 more injuries and we're in bad shape. Those 18 games were costly.

He’s gone further with less. Albeit in the east
Nah not really cause he did it against cupcake competition.

The Leastern Conference.

Devoid of quality players and teams. He consolidated the talent both times Heat 2010 - 2014 and Cavs 2014 - 2018 by hopping teams.

His road to the Finals last year was a struggle with the best team in the East missing their best two players.

He played with a perennial all star and struggled with Oldaipo’s Pacers? Lol. Scary Terry and rookie Tatum’s Celtics? Lol the narrative of “success” for LeBron getting to the Finals 8 straight seasons in that weak East is hilariously overblown and doesn’t sync up to reality.

The one year during his “reign” when the East was truly quality was 2011. And he played along side a fellow top five guy averaging 26/6/6 and a 3rd option 20/10 PF.

In a lethargic offense run thru him where he dominates the ball and his teammates stand around clueless. That ain’t elite
For a 36 year old that’s elite playboy
Sigh here we go again, lets just cut to the chase since we do this circle jerk every day.

Is this 36 year old "elite" player winning us a ring with his current production? No and his production will go down again next year so declining production next year with a small chance of getting a big name. A 36 year old with his "elite" production isn't winning in today's NBA.

I saw his decline for a few years but I didn't expect it to be this bad. Guys still holding on to his numbers like Harden isn't putting up numbers and still loosing.

Time to remind em

FewTameKid-small.gif

Uh huh, why not turn the "playoff mode" on during the first part of the season in spurts? Like using the turbo mode back in the NES game days, release then let it replenish.
And his deep flat footed threes from 30 feet bother me. It’s a glimpse into 2021 Lebron
Just going to sit back and watch like a movie I have seen before hundreds of times. I guess everyone else must be watching for the first time. Guy is going to get less and less mobile and the excuse will be he is X age. Ok but teams ain't taking it easy on us just because he is X age.
yeah but bron dont have a polished post game like Mike or Bean lol
WHOA WHOA that almost sounds like someone is saying Kobe is more talented than LeBron.
doods was in here WILDIN before the season started, talking about 50-60 WINS :lol:
In all seriousness it was a possibility, I needed Lebron to pick it up a bit more. The other guys didn't step up consistently, and the injuries killed. They will probably finish with 40/42 wins, in a vacuum that is NOT impressive when we won 30 something last year. However factoring in the injuries it is decent.

FewTameKid-small.gif

Uh huh, why not turn the "playoff mode" on during the first part of the season in spurts? Like using the turbo mode back in the NES game days, release then let it replenish.

Just going to sit back and watch like a movie I have seen before hundreds of times. I guess everyone else must be watching for the first time. Guy is going to get less and less mobile and the excuse will be he is X age. Ok but teams ain't taking it easy on us just because he is X age.

WHOA WHOA that almost sounds like someone is saying Kobe is more talented than LeBron.

In all seriousness it was a possibility, I needed Lebron to pick it up a bit more. The other guys didn't step up consistently, and the injuries killed. They will probably finish with 40/42 wins, in a vacuum that is NOT impressive when we won 30 something last year. However factoring in the injuries it is decent.

Huh? Have you been watching this season?He was playing MVP level basketball throughout the first 34 games of season and we were the 4-seed (which is a miracle seeing as how trashed our roster is), he got injured and then missed 17 of the next 18 games and we proceeded to go 6-11 in those games.

He's playing his way back into shape and we've been 2-3 since his return.

What do you mean by LeBron needs to "pick it up?" He's visibly hobbled and playing his way back into shape on the court now. What more do you expect from the guy? LeBron literally had 16 assists (and it should have been 25 if we weren't breaking wide open 3s) and played over 40 minutes last game and you guys are saying he needs to "pick it up"

I know some of you guys don't like LeBron but it seems like a lot of the hate he gets isn't justified.

Last edited:
Some feel he may have milked the injury but my problem is the same 4th qtr breakdowns we had last year we are having them this year as well.

If we get trashed tonight the season is done.

FewTameKid-small.gif

No. Kobe has a better post game and offensive package. Kobe is more skilled. Not more talented.

Different animals bro y’all got to let it go :lol:

Also y’all say pick it up more and now he’s been playing more than the 32 mpg from earlier (which WAS his career low). You do not want to force another injury

Bean was playing like 40 mpg when he rupture his ****

Some feel he may have milked the injury but my problem is the same 4th qtr breakdowns we had last year we are having them this year as well.

If we get trashed tonight the season is done.

I don't understand how he was milking his injury though. When you watch him play it's obvious that he's hobbled and not 100% even now. Doesn't that fly in the face of the argument that he was milking his injury?

it would be a whole different story if you were clearly 100% then we could say "okay maybe he could have played a week ago"

Tonight a “must win”?

I feel like how we play tonight can set the tone for these last 25 games

Must win no, if they do get one tonight though it'll be great for momentum and maybe we can get a little streak going.

I don't understand how he was milking his injury though. When you watch him play it's obvious that he's hobbled and not 100% even now. Doesn't that fly in the face of the argument that he was milking his injury?

it would be a whole different story if you were clearly 100% then we could say "okay maybe he could have played a week ago"

Some feel that way. I'm not saying its right or wrong.

a W would be huge.

and the game is Winnable.. played them close last time.
might be tough tho cuz capela is coming back tonight too i think. gonna take a huge effort. and Lakers still missing Zo.

Son son got a bidness mind as well as running through these thots. Can't trade him.
Most def, I saw him in some ESPN video with Bron and KD sitting at a boardoom, say what you want negative about either of them. However business wise they are approaching Magic level, KD might be a tier below Kobe. LeBron is certainly more business savvy than Kobe, I think Kobe was focused on 2 things chick on the side and his legacy. LeBron was more legacy and business, KD appears to have turned on the business aspect being around the GS guys. The four of them (Steph, Klay, Iggy, and KD) are probably crazy well off in San Fran, Dray probably isn't involved because of his attitude.

Huh? Have you been watching this season?He was playing MVP level basketball throughout the first 34 games of season and we were the 4-seed (which is a miracle seeing as how trashed our roster is), he got injured and then missed 17 of the next 18 games and we proceeded to go 6-11 in those games.

He's playing his way back into shape and we've been 2-3 since his return.

What do you mean by LeBron needs to "pick it up?" He's visibly hobbled and playing his way back into shape on the court now. What more do you expect from the guy? LeBron literally had 16 assists (and it should have been 25 if we weren't breaking wide open 3s) and played over 40 minutes last game and you guys are saying he needs to "pick it up"

I know some of you guys don't like LeBron but it seems like a lot of the hate he gets isn't justified.
How you play playoff level basketball and then brick free throws in clutch opportunities time and time again. I give you a pass on some of them but come on now don't hand me that BS. Also if you already playing playoff level basketball, how do you take it up a notch above that? So he was playing playoff level basketball against the Nets, and both games against Orlando, how about the second game against Houston.

Yeah in regards to this season I needed him to pick it up at times during the season. He has flamed out in some winnable games and shown no desire to win them. Other times he has.
Also y’all say pick it up more and now he’s been playing more than the 32 mpg from earlier (which WAS his career low). You do not want to force another injury

Bean was playing like 40 mpg when he rupture his ****
Come on now don't act like mins equate production, you can be out there settling for those lame 3's all night like he did late in the Atlanta game. That doesn't mean you are affecting the game in a positive way or being productive. Be smarter in the game.

bro he came back from his biggest injury of his career and was trying to get settled in and they were making him play 40 min ago from that
he even said he's gained weight from it lol.

i can understand your perspective in that he settles for 3's a lot which he kinda does but you can also take it that he's easing his way from a pulled groin
imagine he come back and just mindlessly drives into the basket like you guys want and then he rips his **** again lol its year 1/4
even though i feel like he milked the injury a bit i've personally never pulled a groin and had a "pop" like he did so i have no clue how that feels and how that would affect my game play.
boy i step on a acorn wrong and twist my ankle and i'm out for like 2 weeks :rofl:

plus Bron is weird and you never know what Bron is going to show up on a game-to-game basis. trust me i'm a huge Bron guy and that dude is completely unpredictable lol some times he's magic sometimes hes bully ball other times hes fadeaway guy next game he's a 3pt shooter :lol:

I'll believe early playoff bron when I see it. smfh.
Man I miss Zo. Can't believe we almost traded the guys... sheesh.
Luke has the game plan against the rockets, I can see us winning that game.

bro he came back from his biggest injury of his career and was trying to get settled in and they were making him play 40 min ago from that
he even said he's gained weight from it lol.

i can understand your perspective in that he settles for 3's a lot which he kinda does but you can also take it that he's easing his way from a pulled groin
imagine he come back and just mindlessly drives into the basket like you guys want and then he rips his **** again lol its year 1/4
even though i feel like he milked the injury a bit i've personally never pulled a groin and had a "pop" like he did so i have no clue how that feels and how that would affect my game play.
boy i step on a acorn wrong and twist my ankle and i'm out for like 2 weeks :rofl:

plus Bron is weird and you never know what Bron is going to show up on a game-to-game basis. trust me i'm a huge Bron guy and that dude is completely unpredictable lol some times he's magic sometimes hes bully ball other times hes fadeaway guy next game he's a 3pt shooter :lol:
I am criticizing his play for the season pre in jury, which is why I mentioned all the games prior to the injury. The only thing I said about his Atlanta game was his poor shot selection settling for 3's. So according to him he still isn't 100%, at what point does he start driving to the basket because you can't play at a high level scared you will tear it or rip it again. I doubt there are warning signs for that type of injury. Also you can't go into playoff mode if you have that issue nagging it might happen again.

Back
Top Bottom